TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you attend an east coast Bash-like event?

MMcGuirk

East Coast Bash   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Event duration?

• Thursday thru Sunday
    • Friday thru Sunday
    • Saturday / Sunday
  2. 2. Itnerary preference?

• Road course, Drag racing, Car show, banquet
    • Road course, Car show, banquet
    • Drag racing, Car show , banquet
    • Cruise, Car show, BBQ
  3. 3. Max $ to attend full content ECBash

• $1000
    • $800
    • $600
    • $500
    • $400
  4. 4. Likelyhood to attend

• 100%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 50%

We are looking into the feasibility of putting on a Team Shelby east coast event and would like your input.

Logistics point to suburban Philadelphia. There is a wide array of lodging options and access to multiple race tracks.

We are thinking of early late Sept / Oct timing - cooler temps, more affordable lodging, better track rental fees and fall foliage.

The event agenda is definitely predicated on the number of attendees. We could do a car show and a BBQ, all the way up to a Bash like event.

We are looking into the feasibility of putting on a Team Shelby east coast event and would like your input.

Logistics point to suburban Philadelphia. There is a wide array of lodging options and access to multiple race tracks.

We are thinking of early late Sept / Oct timing - cooler temps, more affordable lodging, better track rental fees and fall foliage.

The event agenda is definitely predicated on the number of attendees. We could do a car show and a BBQ, all the way up to a Bash like event.

I would be so on board with that. Philadelphia isn't that far from me. It would be a fun drive. It would be even more fun If you could get Close to one of the local drag stripes or somewhere like that so we could run these great cars.

I would be so on board with that. Philadelphia isn't that far from me. It would be a fun drive. It would be even more fun If you could get Close to one of the local drag stripes or somewhere like that so we could run these great cars.

It's close enough for me to commute!!!

I would say yes too......

But I would like to offer up the idea of VIR in Virginia which is a first class motorsports resort, with lodging, restaurants and conference facilities all onsite (including a high speed go-kart track) and is central to the northeast and deep south, including Florida. I personally know people in management at VIR and would be willing to put in the time to help with planning and logistics.

This area of NC/VA offer up the same fall colors and cooler weather. I'm looking for a project, so just let me know and I can start making calls tomorrow.

www.virnow.com

But I would like to offer up the idea of VIR in Virginia which is a first class motorsports resort, with lodging, restaurants and conference facilities all onsite (including a high speed go-kart track) and is central to the northeast and deep south, including Florida. I personally know people in management at VIR and would be willing to put in the time to help with planning and logistics.

This area of NC/VA offer up the same fall colors and cooler weather. I'm looking for a project, so just let me know and I can start making calls tomorrow.

www.virnow.com

+1

www.virnow.com

+1

www.virnow.com

+1

But I would like to offer up the idea of VIR in Virginia which is a first class motorsports resort, with lodging, restaurants and conference facilities all onsite (including a high speed go-kart track) and is central to the northeast and deep south, including Florida. I

VIR would be awesome.

I would prefer Virginia but would drive to PA. Count me in where ever.

I have been trying to get to the Blast the last two years, just to hard for me.

looking forward to putting faces with the good words.

See you all there !!!

www.virnow.com

I also like the idea of VA. It would be a bit of a trip from Windsor Ont. Canada but I'm sure it would be well worth it. Count me in.

Mike,

When you say "we" are looking at having an East Coast event, who do you mean?

Ive seen emails from Robert after the vegas bash that discussed having a TS event

on the east coast at possibly NJMP or the Monticello racetrack........no mention was made of VIR.

There already was one at VIR last year....or was that 2008?

If in fact Virginia is the venue, I would hope some consideration would be afforded a more North Eastern Venue for

a separate event.

While 4 or 5 folks from New England have posted that they would make the trip, I had dozens of TS members tell me THAT

that location loses many from the New England area that just wont make the trip.

No offense to you south eastern folks, but TS has already held events at Sebring, Oviedo, VIR......

HOW ABOUT SOMETHING FOR THE NORTH EAST?

Mike,

When you say "we" are looking at having an East Coast event, who do you mean?

Ive seen emails from Robert after the vegas bash that discussed having a TS event

on the east coast at possibly NJMP or the Monticello racetrack........no mention was made of VIR.

There already was one at VIR last year....or was that 2008?

If in fact Virginia is the venue, I would hope some consideration would be afforded a more North Eastern Venue for

a separate event.

While 4 or 5 folks from New England have posted that they would make the trip, I had dozens of TS members tell me THAT

that location loses many from the New England area that just wont make the trip.

No offense to you south eastern folks, but TS has already held events at Sebring, Oviedo, VIR......

HOW ABOUT SOMETHING FOR THE NORTH EAST?

Michael my friend,

Read my original post, we are targeting the Philadelphia metro area. VIR has been suggested by members in other posts and does not meet with our potential sponsors ideas.

This is exploratory. As you can well imagine, putting something like the Bash together is an ardent undertaking, gauging interest is our target at the moment.

Please have those dozens chime in and participate in the poll. The more interest we have, the more apt we are to progress and get this off the ground.

We have a bunch of work to do to pull a great event together in 8 months. We will keep Team Shelby informed of our progress.

BTW - I hope I am not being presumptuous on counting on your help!

Regards,

Michael

Michael my friend,

Read my original post, we are targeting the Philadelphia metro area. VIR has been suggested by members in other posts and does not meet with our potential sponsors ideas.

This is exploratory. As you can well imagine, putting something like the Bash together is an ardent undertaking, gauging interest is our target at the moment.

Please have those dozens chime in and participate in the poll. The more interest we have, the more apt we are to progress and get this off the ground.

We have a bunch of work to do to pull a great event together in 8 months. We will keep Team Shelby informed of our progress.

BTW - I hope I am not being presumptuous on counting on your help!

Regards,

Michael

really covering your bases emailing it to me and posting........here is my response.......

Mike,

I meant no disrespect. The Philly area could work, and could work well in fact,

and with road course racing too at NJMP which is fairly close to that location.

Rick Wertz (Cobrawertz on TS) has been exchanging emails with

Robert about this topic since the Bash. We are both (Rick & I) on the Board of Directors of our

respective local Mustang clubs and I can assure you that there would be

significant interest in a weekend Shelby event from the NY/NJ/PA crowd.......

I will endeavor to poll my next Mustang club general meeting and present you afterwards with

some rough numbers.....

The objection was to VIR, as you say, suggested by other posters and not the thread initiator, point taken.

FYI........Robert also mentioned Monticello Raceway? (NY).....

Is this something you and John Kellar are trying to put together and have Shelby sponsor?

that would be great....you cant sit back and wait for someone else to plan these things, I commend you.

And yes, I would love to help you guys pull this off anyway I can.........

Regards back at you,

Michael

Archived