TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 1-Piece Aluminum Drive Shaft

fcettner

Anyone install the 1-piece alum drive shaft on thier KR?, if so how much increase in HP (not much I suppose) and what kind of pricing did you get.

Thanks Team.

Anyone install the 1-piece alum drive shaft on thier KR?, if so how much increase in HP (not much I suppose) and what kind of pricing did you get.

Thanks Team.

I got the the 1 piece drive shaft installed. It was done at the same time as a bunch of other mods on my KR but I did ask for individual HP figures and if I remember correctly they told me it was about a 10 RWHP gain due to the weight reduction. I think I paid $750 plus tax for it. I did forget to get the "safety loop" for it which is actually being installed tomorrow along with a few other things. Anyhow I hope this helps. Take care.

Dino

I got the the 1 piece drive shaft installed. It was done at the same time as a bunch of other mods on my KR but I did ask for individual HP figures and if I remember correctly they told me it was about a 10 RWHP gain due to the weight reduction. I think I paid $750 plus tax for it. I did forget to get the "safety loop" for it which is actually being installed tomorrow along with a few other things. Anyhow I hope this helps. Take care.

Dino

How much are you paying for the install of the ds & loop?

Dino

Thanks Dino - That helps, I'm planning to upgrade. It was recommended from JDM sales (JimIII) when I asked about the fit and I quote: "They are a direct bolt on and a loop is a great idea especially if you intend to hit the drag strip and run sticky tires!"

I just want to make sure I cover everything. Well, we're getting ready for 18-24 inches of snow here in southern MD and so I have more time for research and planning.

Happy motoring,

Fred

How much are you paying for the install of the ds & loop?

Drive shaft was already on the car but the safety loop was put on today. I haven't gotten the invoice yet but Jim Jr. said he thought it was around $100 plus labor but the labor would be minimal. Around a half hour or so so I guess about another $50. I think I mentioned in my prior post but the Drive shaft from JDM was $750 plus install. Can't wait to get the car back tomorrow!

Dino

Thanks Dino - That helps, I'm planning to upgrade. It was recommended from JDM sales (JimIII) when I asked about the fit and I quote: "They are a direct bolt on and a loop is a great idea especially if you intend to hit the drag strip and run sticky tires!"

I just want to make sure I cover everything. Well, we're getting ready for 18-24 inches of snow here in southern MD and so I have more time for research and planning.

Happy motoring,

Fred

I got the same speech when I called before Christmas but with all the mods I was doing at the time we let the safety loop go. I forgot it and Jim was trying to keep the cost down and since I hadn't changed the wheels, tires and brakes yet he knew I'd be back to get the work done later. I'm really looking forward to testing out the Alcoa 20's with the Nitto 555 Drags. Should be fun and just as much fun stopping with the new Front and rear Shelby Extreme Plus brake kits (IN VISTA BLUE...woooHooohappy%20feet.gif). Of course I'll be getting the same 18 inches of snow up here tomorrow night so I won't get to try it out for a while. So annoying but I guess I'll have to settle for just looking at it for a week. I'll keep you posted and try to post some picks after I get it back. Let me know if you hook up with JDM for any work. Good luck with your car!!

Dino

I installed the Dynotech DS from Shelby my self. It wasn't very hard to do. I bought it before Christmas when they had 30% off. It cost around $580 on sale. It saves 21lbs of rotating weight and I don't have the safety loop.

I installed the Dynotech DS from Shelby my self. It wasn't very hard to do. I bought it before Christmas when they had 30% off. It cost around $580 on sale. It saves 21lbs of rotating weight and I don't have the safety loop.

Roger that - I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal as well.

Take care

Thanks

Archived