TEAM SHELBY FORUM

will 2010 18" stock gt500 wheel work with my coupe?

MichaelP

Hi Everyone- (subject line should read coupe..not couple)

Im trying to use the stock 18" vert wheel from 2010 gt500 on my 2010 gt500 coupe.. So that I can use a drag radial...

Well, i have not heard back from the one dealer that was checking into everything for me.. been about 1 week...figure no news is bad news.

The FORD dealer I bought my coupe from says "they dont know if it will work"...."and have no way of knowing if it will work if I order"

So, does anyone know?!?!? I hate to order then find out they dont fit or clear the brakes, etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mike

Im trying to use the stock 18" vert wheel from 2010 gt500 on my 2010 gt500 coupe.. So that I can use a drag radial...

Well, i have not heard back from the one dealer that was checking into everything for me.. been about 1 week...figure no news is bad news.

The FORD dealer I bought my coupe from says "they dont know if it will work"...."and have no way of knowing if it will work if I order"

So, does anyone know?!?!? I hate to order then find out they dont fit or clear the brakes, etc.

Mike

I would think they would fit since I dont believe the brakes are any differant. In fact I hope they fit since I ordered a set of the 07-09 18" gt500 rims for a spare on my 2010. I believe the brakes are the same on all the gt500's from '07 to current, but some one will correct me if I'm wrong.

I would think they would fit since I dont believe the brakes are any differant. In fact I hope they fit since I ordered a set of the 07-09 18" gt500 rims for a spare on my 2010. I believe the brakes are the same on all the gt500's from '07 to current, but some one will correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree. I think you are correct. The brake calipers have not changed; even on the 2011, and coupe or convertible wheels are interchangable between vehicles.

Mike

hi michael . i like your idea . that dealer that you talked with didnt happin to give you a price for those wheels did he ?

The 2010 18" stock convertible wheels will fit the 2010 coupe and also the 07 - 09 GT500s!

The 2010 19" stock wheels will fit the 2010 convertible and all 07 - 09 GT500s!

Also the stock 18' wheels from the 07 - 09 GT500s will fit any 2010 GT500s!

Why i know this, because i drive at the moment with stock 18" wheels from a 2008 GT500 around with winter tires on and also had for some times the stock 18" 2010 convertible wheels on my 2010 GT500 Coupe.

hi michael . i like your idea . that dealer that you talked with didnt happin to give you a price for those wheels did he ?

Ok.. Price for two 18 inch wheels with the center SVT cap and 10 lugnuts is 1318.30... Kinda steep...

Geez, I hope the tires are cheaper...

M.

Ok.. Price for two 18 inch wheels with the center SVT cap and 10 lugnuts is 1318.30... Kinda steep...

Geez, I hope the tires are cheaper...

M.

If you dont care about the looks, you can get some 18" tires that look like the 07-09 rims from Ford Racing for $200 a piece. Part # M-1007-S1895

Archived