TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The OTHER MMR 5.0 stroker engine

Wow another nitrous equipped SGT and a white one! Maybe this will be the first fast white Shelby GT :hysterical:

Did you get a remote opener ? You'll definitely want one of those and a bottle warmer. How much you planning on spraying ? I've had good success with my Zex kit....been through about 10 bottles or so.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^It's not the pickup tube. It's the windage tray and the main studs they sold you. I'm going to assume they sold you a windage tray for a 2V or old 4V.

The 3V's windage tray is a whole lot bigger and better than the old factory trays, so there's no need for an upgrade. And as far as I know, an upgrade doesn't even exist for the 3V. If this is the case, you'll need your OEM windage tray to make the pickup tube work.

Lastly, MMR originally sold me an ARP main stud kit for a 4V and hassled me when I returned it. They said the main stud kits are all the same. Well that's not the case with the 3V. It's very important that you have the correct studs, in order for your windage tray and pickup tube to assemble correctly.

Last I heard, ARP didn't have an 'out of the box' 3V main stud kit however, so you'll need to piece the kit together yourself. I can guarantee that MMR has no idea what any of this means, but good luck with the returns.

Well its basically a cobra block so everything fits great, just wrong pick-up tube. the next post I'll show you pics. :)

Wow another nitrous equipped SGT and a white one! Maybe this will be the first fast white Shelby GT :hysterical:

Did you get a remote opener ? You'll definitely want one of those and a bottle warmer. How much you planning on spraying ? I've had good success with my Zex kit....been through about 10 bottles or so.

Yes sir i got the remote opener instead of the blow down kit. and does the bottle warmer really help?? as for the jetting i really have no clue. we are going to do a dyno run on motor and see how much more we'll need to get to 850 hp and decide jetting than.

Well its basically a cobra block so everything fits great, just wrong pick-up tube. the next post I'll show you pics. :)

Yes sir i got the remote opener instead of the blow down kit. and does the bottle warmer really help?? as for the jetting i really have no clue. we are going to do a dyno run on motor and see how much more we'll need to get to 850 hp and decide jetting than.

Ohhhhh right, I forgot you had a Cobra block! doh.gif

Well I'm glad I was wrong about that one.

I did the EMP Stewart mechanical high flow pump.

The electrical pumps are cool, but they consume a lot of juice from the alternator, which in turn, bogs down the crank down even more. I'd imagine the load savings of the pump is nearly made up in the load expense of the extra tug on the alternator, but I've got nothing to back that up. However, nothings free in the way of HP gains.

I did the EMP Stewart mechanical high flow pump.

The electrical pumps are cool, but they consume a lot of juice from the alternator, which in turn, bogs down the crank down even more. I'd imagine the load savings of the pump is nearly made up in the load expense of the extra tug on the alternator, but I've got nothing to back that up. However, nothings free in the way of HP gains.

Hey ken could you give me a link of where you got ur water pump. I'm searching but all i find is 2v and 4v water pumps from them.

Any pump made from sean hyland has to be a great pump!! :)

Did you say 850HP ? :confused: You won't be able to get to that HP on the zex kit. You'd have to go direct port injection and even then it would be risky. Bottle warmer is a must. Blow down tube is a good idea too. In my black car in the summer with a full bottle I've seen the pressure get up close to 2000psi. Just watch it lol.

oh btw im in the market for a new water pump. Any suggestions?? Electric or mechanical?? pros and cons?? thank you.

I don't have one of these but I've seen other guys use them and the main benefit of those is cooling the car down between runs. They can bring the temp down QUICK.

Did you say 850HP ? :confused: You won't be able to get to that HP on the zex kit. You'd have to go direct port injection and even then it would be risky. Bottle warmer is a must. Blow down tube is a good idea too. In my black car in the summer with a full bottle I've seen the pressure get up close to 2000psi. Just watch it lol.

I don't have one of these but I've seen other guys use them and the main benefit of those is cooling the car down between runs. They can bring the temp down QUICK.

oh nooo i'm not going to do 850 on all nitrous. Lol. That would be very scary. Lol. I'm hoping to get 700 without nitrous and I'm going to use nitrous for the extra 150 hp.

^ahhh ok. Well i just ordered mine today so i should get it pretty soon. Are you still happy with it?? notice any difference??

Also im in the market for a locking differential (something good for a weekend car, but will shine at the track).

and I'm looking at the shelby radiator and heat exchanger. Any thoughts on them as well??

^I like the water pump a lot so far. Temps are definitely staying cooler, but I've got the Shelby radiator and Reische 170* t-stat in there as well.

The Shelby cooling package is the best around in my opinion. It's a must have.

As for a differential, I've got the Eaton True-Trac on my to do list.

913A561_MED.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok I'm still waiting on the water pump!! but I've got alot done so farr.

Here's what i have so far.

Picture023.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture018.jpg

The JESEL rockers intalled!!

Picture015.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Tomarrow the headers will be put on along with flywheel and harmonic balancer, than hopefully she'll be in the car by saturday. minus whipple supercharger.

^Looks bitchin!

(tell me you've got an aftermarket tensioner hidden in your shop somewhere) ;)

Thx man!! If u look at it from the front You cant even tell that i did anything. lol

And here's a question for everybody. I have the steeda stand alone belt system wich comes with a beefy tensioner for the supercharger belt. So would i need a beefy tensioner for the main belt too even though the supercharger wont be on it??

Oh and kahman how did u hold ur engine for torqueing the harmonic balancer??

are you going to run a stand alone belt drive set up?

Yes sir i do!! Ive got the steeda 10 rib 20# belt system.

^ 8-0

Well thats a bit scary!! I wonder if i can find some better quality bolts!!

thx alot gt500 for bringing that to my attention!!

Im rough on my cars and i can see that happening in the future!!I'm hoping on not having the whipple for too long and saving for the cragar TT setup.

^ 8-0

Im rough on my cars and i can see that happening in the future!!I'm hoping on not having the whipple for too long and saving for the cragar TT setup.

Billet ideler are not a bad idea either.

105.jpg

^+1 on the idlers.

As for torquing the balancer, I had another guy hold my flywheel with my flywheel turner, while I torqued the balancer bolt down. I nearly tossed him across the room though, so be careful if you're going to attempt this on an engine stand.

^ 8-0

I tried contacting Cragar about the TT, no reply. Have you talked to them?

• 1 month later...

Archived