TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Here and New 09 KR

frknfast

Hello all. On Dec 23 (early xmas gift to me- I worked really HARD this year) deliverd was a black on black 2009 KR # 615. I am from Toronto, Canada and unfortunaltely couldn't drive her yet. 32Km on the dial. Traded in my 08 GT500 white blue stripes 4100 km for the new KR. I did keep some of the upgrades from my gt500- sequential tail lights, hood struts, Caroll Shelby signature floor and trunk mats, Scott Drake engine SS bolt package, Project 321 CNC alum/carbon fibre engine caps, CF rad cover, and black with gold shelby snake tire nuts all around. First thing I noticed was the much Better sound over the stock 500.

Can't wait for spring.

post-27266-126497393202_thumb.jpg

post-27266-126497394163_thumb.jpg

post-27266-126497393202_thumb.jpg

post-27266-126497394163_thumb.jpg

Hello all. On Dec 23 (early xmas gift to me- I worked really HARD this year) deliverd was a black on black 2009 KR # 615. I am from Toronto, Canada and unfortunaltely couldn't drive her yet. 32Km on the dial. Traded in my 08 GT500 white blue stripes 4100 km for the new KR. I did keep some of the upgrades from my gt500- sequential tail lights, hood struts, Caroll Shelby signature floor and trunk mats, Scott Drake engine SS bolt package, Project 321 CNC alum/carbon fibre engine caps, CF rad cover, and black with gold shelby snake tire nuts all around. First thing I noticed was the much Better sound over the stock 500.

Can't wait for spring.

Congrats. The KR is an amazing machine. Someday I hope to own one.

Congratulations on the KR, you are in the family now!! I can't wait for Spring so that we can get out more often with this great car. You will enjoy it and keep us posted on any new upgrades for your KR. Also, you will find this forum is a great resource for all of us.

Can't wait for spring.

I thought there were only 571 2009 KRs built? :headscratch:

I thought there were only 571 2009 KRs built? :headscratch:

DEARBORN, Mich., March 20, 2008 – To compliment the 1,000 2008 40th anniversary Edition Shelby GT500KR “King of the Road” Mustangs, Ford and Shelby Automobiles announce that an additional 746 units will be built for the 2009 model year to help meet worldwide demand of the supercar. Of that total, 571 units will be available for U.S. customers thus equaling the 1,571-unit production run of the original Shelby GT500KR. The remainder of the units will be for countries that did not receive 2008 models.

I found this info on another thread .... :)

SVTpower nothing wrong with the 500. That is what I used as a trade. Car was great. You can see it at Discovery Ford in Burlington. Some of the upgrades and body additions are still o n the car. The 500 is a great looking car. The only thing I didn't like was the hood. They should have used the KR hood on the 500 as well.

SVTpower nothing wrong with the 500. That is what I used as a trade. Car was great. You can see it at Discovery Ford in Burlington. Some of the upgrades and body additions are still o n the car. The 500 is a great looking car. The only thing I didn't like was the hood. They should have used the KR hood on the 500 as well.

I saw your car at Discovery.......I was there about 2 mths ago to sign some documents and it was in the showroom........huge discount too !!! ( $20,000 plus ) off sticker. Nice car.

Archived