TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT350 Makes Cover of Motor Trend

Although I'm a subscriber I picked up a copy at the airport today. Great cover photo as the GT350 just pops out at you.

Steve

The Motor Trend photo shoot states the wheels in the photos are 20's and that the production car will have 19's. Where can I find a picture of the actual wheel that will be on it? I think the 20's look good.

OK now that I have seen the car in motion on the video and seen a few more photos...

AWESOME!!!

It is really nice visually and the sound ohhh yesssssshappy%20feet.gif !!

the strut tower brace will be with the car, it wasn't done in time

Amy

is the 350 on the january issue or february. Because I was at a grocery store yesterday hoping to find 350 issue, but it had a Red car on the cover and it was the February 2010 issue

It's on the March issue. Bought it yesterday at BN. They also had the Feb issue on the shelf so it took me a while to find.

CW

I like the new GT350 but I'm a little perplexed. I believe Motor Trend also did an article on the SGT back in 2007 comparing it to the old GT350 from 1965. My understanding was the SGT was the new GT350 back then. Am I wrong???.

Moreover, while Shelby says he was waiting for the 5.0 to do the GT350 ...a 5.0 is the equivilent to a 302ci. Did the GT350s ever have a 302 in any year????

A 4.6 is the equivilent to a 289 ci. The original GT350 had 289s for sure.

What gives? Is the SGT getting thrown under the bus here?????

I like the new GT350 but I'm a little perplexed. I believe Motor Trend also did an article on the SGT back in 2007 comparing it to the old GT350 from 1965. My understanding was the SGT was the new GT350 back then. Am I wrong???.

Moreover, while Shelby says he was waiting for the 5.0 to do the GT350 ...a 5.0 is the equivilent to a 302ci. Did the GT350s ever have a 302 in any year????

A 4.6 is the equivilent to a 289 ci. The original GT350 had 289s for sure.

What gives? Is the SGT getting thrown under the bus here?????

SGT was the consumer version of the GT-H.

Yes. And the original GT-H was the Hertz GT350.

I don't recall any GT350 ever having a 302 i.e. 5.0 liter. They did have 289s though i.e. 4.6 liters.

Point is, wasn't the SGT supposed to be the second coming of the GT350? And isn't kinda getting tossed under the bus with all the new hoopla with the new "GT350" which is now the second coming of the GT350????

Hmmm

The SGT never entended to be the next GT-350.It stood on it's own merit. As stated above it was produced after consumers wanted a retail version of the GT-H.

It was dubbed as that by owner opinion, dealer sales personnel and some magazine comparisons.

The 4.6 =281 CU.IN. the 1968 GT-350 did have a 302 1969-70 had 351 CU. IN.

Roger

Archived