TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Driving Light Suggestions

I would like to add driving lights that actually put out some usable light while keeping the bone stock SGT Grill. I like the GTH set-up, but many members state there is little usuable light and it requires professional installation.

Have any members used anything else that is an easy mount in the lower grill area and uses the factory oem wiring for th GT driving lights that were removed.

Again this should be a modification that uses factory mounting points and is basically plug and go, I know about the fuze removal on the box and how to put it back in the correct place, the cars have a driving light switch and I just have always thought driving lights would be a plus.

Your thoughts or suggestions with pics......

GG

I would like to add driving lights that actually put out some usable light while keeping the bone stock SGT Grill. I like the GTH set-up, but many members state there is little usuable light and it requires professional installation.

Have any members used anything else that is an easy mount in the lower grill area and uses the factory oem wiring for th GT driving lights that were removed.

Again this should be a modification that uses factory mounting points and is basically plug and go, I know about the fuze removal on the box and how to put it back in the correct place, the cars have a driving light switch and I just have always thought driving lights would be a plus.

Your thoughts or suggestions with pics......

GG

Not sure what constitutes "professional installation" but the lights sold by SAI are about as easy as it gets. There are two brackets, harness, and the lights. Doesn't get much easier! Sure you have to cut some of the fascia but even I can do that. They are BY FAR the best looking option out there. I will say that with the plash shroud etc., it is WAY easier to install on a lift or at least on ramps. Grabber has a GREAT post on how to install. You can find it with a simple search of this forum or his garage thread.

As far as "usable" light I's say some of the issues are alignment related but really I bought them for the looks. It's not like I drive late at night on dark roads, nor do I need to "look cool" by blinding the drivers ahead of me. All and all, I think, the SAI lights are the best option.

IMHO!

The main problem with the lack of usable light, is that the lights are set back inside a tunnel, thus you loose any peripheral light.

First decide which type of beam youre after, driving or fog, each give a different pattern or effect. If youre going for the best

visability a lamp will give you, you need to get the lamp as far in front of the vehicle as possible, without any side interference.

Possibly in the lower grill opening, or the side fake opeinings, or even in the upper grill itself like the GT, if your willing to change

the overall look of the SGT. I went with the SAI duct kit, but was more interested in looks than function.. Good Luck

SPP sells a great brake duct / PIAA light bezel kit. I installed it on my 08SGT and am very pleased with it. Save some agravation and do the lower grill insert at the sametime. There was a lot of trimming I had to do on the lower grill insert but the final product was worth it. I went out and bought a DREMEL tool for the grinding of the lower fascia where the bezel fits. If I knew how to load pics Id show you but I don't. There are pics on one of the forums already though. As for usable light ,It's winter here and I have not had the car out yet but in the darkness of my garage they seem to throw a lot of light.

Don

Not sure what constitutes "professional installation" but the lights sold by SAI are about as easy as it gets. There are two brackets, harness, and the lights. Doesn't get much easier! Sure you have to cut some of the fascia but even I can do that. They are BY FAR the best looking option out there. I will say that with the plash shroud etc., it is WAY easier to install on a lift or at least on ramps. Grabber has a GREAT post on how to install. You can find it with a simple search of this forum or his garage thread.

As far as "usable" light I's say some of the issues are alignment related but really I bought them for the looks. It's not like I drive late at night on dark roads, nor do I need to "look cool" by blinding the drivers ahead of me. All and all, I think, the SAI lights are the best option.

IMHO!

I do like the SAI GTH light package, I just didn't want to spend all afternoon putting them in and I suppose to each his/her own; however, I do want a functional driving light, not fog, that doesn't require a lot of cutting and special tools and putting up on a lift I don't have and moderatly priced.

The solution is easy, and that's pull the grill and insert a set of center driving lights similar or like what Cobra Scotty did, I'm want to keep the grill piece in and was looking primarily at something that might mount in the lower section infront of the radiator.

Thanks for comments, additional idea are welcome.

GG

Archived