TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opinion Wanted - Dynomax Exhaust

Sixties

I used to have a dynomax exhaust on my old car. It was nice..but I don't think it compares to the sound of the stock 2010 system at all. It's not as aggressive and sweet sounding and exotic as the stock 2010. Everyone has their own opinion..but there's no way I would swap the stock system for Dynomax.

I used to have a dynomax exhaust on my old car. It was nice..but I don't think it compares to the sound of the stock 2010 system at all. It's not as aggressive and sweet sounding and exotic as the stock 2010. Everyone has their own opinion..but there's no way I would swap the stock system for Dynomax.

Sorry about the hijack...but...has the exhaust on the '10's changed from the previous years? Other than the length of the tail pipe? The reason I ask is because I have not heard a '07-'09 and I think my '10 sounds really good for a stock exhaust. My stock '10 sounds about as loud as my '03 Mach1 with off-road H pipe and magnaflow cat backs. Again, I'm really amazed at how good the exhaust sounds, especially since its OEM.

Of course I'm still looking at an off-road X pipe and KR muffs to enhance the sound a little more :D

Rob

Sorry about the hijack...but...has the exhaust on the '10's changed from the previous years? Other than the length of the tail pipe? The reason I ask is because I have not heard a '07-'09 and I think my '10 sounds really good for a stock exhaust. My stock '10 sounds about as loud as my '03 Mach1 with off-road H pipe and magnaflow cat backs. Again, I'm really amazed at how good the exhaust sounds, especially since its OEM.

Of course I'm still looking at an off-road X pipe and KR muffs to enhance the sound a little more :D

Rob

I honestly don't know if there is a change. I want to say the pipes are larger..but I'm not sure about the mufflers themselves. Perhaps a more knowledgeable Shelby enthusiast can answer that. I just really got into the Shelbys around May of 2009 and really I'm just familiar with the 2010 model.

I took a look at their site. I don't see an exhaust for the 2010 GT500. Because of the different length and width of the tip you can't use the previous exhaust systems. It wouldn't look right.

I used the "Vehicle Lookup" and found the 2010 exhaust.

Here's the link. Hope it works. What interested me wasn't the sound but the size of the pipes. Thought this might make more HP. But am not sure.

Dynomax Exhaust for 2010 GT500

I used the "Vehicle Lookup" and found the 2010 exhaust.

Here's the link. Hope it works. What interested me wasn't the sound but the size of the pipes. Thought this might make more HP. But am not sure.

Dynomax Exhaust for 2010 GT500

I thought the GT500 already had a 3" pipe system...I know for a fact the stock tips are 4".

The dynomax is 3" with 3.5" exhaust tips.

I thought the GT500 already had a 3" pipe system...I know for a fact the stock tips are 4".

The dynomax is 3" with 3.5" exhaust tips.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I talked with a mechanic and he said that the 2010 GT500 had 3" pipe from "past the hoop to the rear of the car".

The mufflers are essentially at the back end of the car. The tips connect to the mufflers.

Each muffler has a short 3" pipe on the forward side. The pipe forward of the short 3" muffler pipe is 2.5" all the way to the 'H' pipe.

I believe the stock 'H' pipe is also 2.5". The Dynomax replaces the stock pipes and "axle back muffler system" and has 3" all the way to the 'H' pipe.

I must note that I have no first hand knowledge. I am repeating what I have been told.

So if I'm wrong, please forgive.

Archived