TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this wrong?

BAD SNAKE

I really, really wish I could express my true feelings about this, but you know what they say aobut not having anything nice to say..........I would probably get banned or something. Lol

Words along the lines of ridiculous, stupid, gross, pathetic come to mind. Who would bid on this with Sparks name embroidered on the seats is what I'd like to know...

I'm holding off for the Paris Hilton edition.

But hey, if it is done for charity it doesn't matter, does it?

I hear the Lindsay Lohan edition comes with a custom monogrammed crack pipe in addition to her name stitched into the seats...

Personally, I don't see anything "wrong" with it. It's for charity, and ultimately, someone with a boatload more money than me is going to get an absolutely amazing (1 of 1) car and 2 charities are going to get a much needed cash infusion. (And one rich S.O.B. gets a tax break) Lets not miss the point of these things. FORD is a huge sponsor of the American Idol series, so i do see the connection.

Personally, I don't see anything "wrong" with it. It's for charity, and ultimately, someone with a boatload more money than me is going to get an absolutely amazing (1 of 1) car and 2 charities are going to get a much needed cash infusion. (And one rich S.O.B. gets a tax break) Lets not miss the point of these things. FORD is a huge sponsor of the American Idol series, so i do see the connection.

I would have to completely agree. I watch American Idol because Ford is the head line sponsor. I think any time one of our snakes get put into the spot light it's a good thing. Plus ,they know they will get a lot more money from this kind of car then say maybe a camaro.

Is it just me or is it wrong to have a Super Snake connected to an American idol contestant?

I don't get it.

http://www.celebsandcars.com/blog/1042030_jordin-sparks-rides-a-2010-shelby-gt500-super-snake-to-the-superbowl

I know the money goes to a good cause, that's not the point.

At least one of the guys. She doesn't fit the Super Snake image.

my favorite quotes from her interview:

Q: Are you going to drive this car?

A: They said I could drive this car to Miami, but I have to be careful because I forgot how to drive a stick shift. I am hoping it is a big parking lot with no cars or anything anywhere close so the car can stay nice.

Q: Are you a Shelby fan?

A: I am. This car is a replica of the car that I have. On "American Idol," we won the Mustangs, but I upgraded mine, and it's the same color. It's awesome. It purrs like a kitten.

PHP4B5BA88AF1515.jpg

+1 i may be one of the few who watch and enjoy Idol--with all the crap about body parts etc on TV, it relaxing to see normal folks do well, like Jordin.She was 17 when she won,and had lots of talent.Think its great raisng money for charities like this

Archived