TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strange Encounter

old school

Was out driving in Kennett Square Pa. today in my 07' White w/ blue Gt-500 when a Blue with White stripe 07' GT-500 passed in the oposite lane.. I waved as I do to most all Stang owners & he gave me the thumbs down...WTF is up with some people ????

Was out driving in Kennett Square Pa. today in my 07' White w/ blue Gt-500 when a Blue with White stripe 07' GT-500 passed in the oposite lane.. I waved as I do to most all Stang owners & he gave me the thumbs down...WTF is up with some people ????

as the bumper sticker says "mean people suck"hysterical.gif

He probley didn't like your color combo or something.Seems like you can find a Di--Head just about anywhere.Wouldn't give it another thought.

I went to an all ford show last year and I met a guy that had a blue and white striped Shelby.

He slowed down when he got to me and said, "You know what would make your car better?"

I replied, "Nope."

Which he followed up with, "If it was the opposite colors."

I was just amazed that someone who owns the same car would say that, but I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go around.

I've met a few "oddballs" at car shows that drive these Shelbys. I just take it in stride and move on.

We all know white with blue ROCKS rockon.gif

Dan,

Are you and Marji getting a GT350? That would be a great additon to your fleet... Take care.

Stuart

Dan,

Are you and Marji getting a GT350? That would be a great additon to your fleet... Take care.

Stuart

Hey Stuart,

We were ready to put a deposit down but decided to wait until SA has a few hundred produced and out on the road before be order. Work out the bugs kinda thing.

Take care my Shelby brother.

Dan

Hey Stuart,

We were ready to put a deposit down but decided to wait until SA has a few hundred produced and out on the road before be order. Work out the bugs kinda thing.

Take care my Shelby brother.

Dan

Dan,

Sounds like a smart move... I might do the same thing... take care.

Stuart

Dan here.....I had a similar experience on Route 3 & 202. (not too far from Kennett Square for those non-PA guys) Exact same situation, different colors though, as he drove along side me, he looked directly at me, I waved, he turned away.....and continued to passed me in traffic. Turned out to be dealer tags on the back. That would explain why it was so damn dirty!

My first car was a 68 Mustang coupe. Back then, every Mustang driver, not matter what year or what model, big block or six banger, would give a wave as you crossed paths on the roads. I miss those days......it doesn't happen too often now.

My first car was a 68 Mustang coupe. Back then, every Mustang driver, not matter what year or what model, big block or six banger, would give a wave as you crossed paths on the roads. I miss those days......it doesn't happen too often now.

Motorcycle riders are the only ones left that seem to wave at each other on a regular basis. And even amongst us there are sportbike- cruiser / HD guys that won't wave at the other type bike. People are getting less personable all the time.

I live in the Kennett Square area, and have a blue w/ white stripe 08 GT500, but I am definitely not the guy you are talking about. I would drive out of my way if I saw another GT500, just to wave or say "Hi".

I do think I know who you are talking about though, as I have seen my 'twin' on the road a few times, but have never been in my Shelby when I have seen him. I did pull up beside him at a light on day in my other car, any yelled over to him that I liked his car an I had exactly the same one back home in the garage. He gave me a half smile and a 'yeah, sure you do' look then drove away.

Anyway, if you Kennett square guys want to PM me, we can get together when the weather gets a little nicer. Maybe meet at Brewster's for an ice cream...once the snow melts.

Z-man

ps - my Shelby has a big orange FIA stripe across the nose which will distinguish me from my apparently 'evil twin'.

Maybe he is DYSLEXIC headscratch.gif

Considering he bought Blue w/White Stripes, maybe his Thumbs Down was meant to be a Thumbs Up finger.gif

Now, if he waved at you with just ONE finger, then redcard.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

I

Anyway, if you Kennett square guys want to PM me, we can get together when the weather gets a little nicer. Maybe meet at Brewster's for an ice cream...once the snow melts.

Z-man

ps - my Shelby has a big orange FIA stripe across the nose which will distinguish me from my apparently 'evil twin'.

Sounds good , i drive both the brown 70' Mach & the white 07' shelby every chance i get right thru the winter when the roads aren't crapped up with salt & cinders.That would be good to round up the local guys in the area for crusing!!

Chris

Motorcycle riders are the only ones left that seem to wave at each other on a regular basis. And even amongst us there are sportbike- cruiser / HD guys that won't wave at the other type bike. People are getting less personable all the time.

Agreed, and it is a shame. I'll waive at V6s, GTs, even 4-banger Foxes (those that are still on the road are well-kept...).

Same when I had my 1999 Harley Davidson FXSTB Night Train; I'd waive at any other person on two wheels that saw fit to waive at me...except scooters (there's really just no good excuse to ride a scooter!).

I have various bikes but prefer Shovelheads...when I get waved at while riding my main bike, I take my hands off the apes and just put both arms in the air and wave them around like I just dont care!!...hysterical.gif

Scares oncoming bikes!!!hysterical.gif

Also if you waved at every oncoming bike around here you would never have your hands on the bars...

In my old punk rock days around LA we would greet each other with the middle finger as a sign of friendship...seriously seems odd now...hysterical.gif

Arrogance to the max. Some people are just unfriendly. Lifes to short to be a snob and shows me that person has an identity problem.

Steve

Z-man

Hey Z-man - I've tried on two different computers to PM you, but no luck. Maybe there is something up with the messaging function on the site, or "user error" which might be the problem. Can you try to shoot me a PM ?

Thanks!

Dan

Hey Z-man - I've tried on two different computers to PM you, but no luck. Maybe there is something up with the messaging function on the site, or "user error" which might be the problem. Can you try to shoot me a PM ?

Thanks!

Dan

Dan -

I just looked, and I can't even find the screen to send a PM anymore!!!! I checked the "Help" page and it says to click your screen name in the upper corner of the screen, then the 'messenger' button....I don't have a messenger button. I can't see any of my old PM's either.

Can anybody help us out? Seems like double user error.

A 2010 GT500 owner was looking down his nose at my 2009 last night at the monthly Mustang Club meeting. Really snobby.

I just laughed and agreed with him that the 2010 model was awesome. Both because it is, and because I know that with the suspension and performance mods I've done my car handles better and has more HP than his. The 2010 does have a better electronics package though, I have to give him that.

Drove all the way to work today alongside a black Charger SRT8. We were checking out each other's cars and were friendly about it, smiles and thumbs ups to each other. Gotta love American muscle. :)

Dan -

I just looked, and I can't even find the screen to send a PM anymore!!!! I checked the "Help" page and it says to click your screen name in the upper corner of the screen, then the 'messenger' button....I don't have a messenger button. I can't see any of my old PM's either.

Can anybody help us out? Seems like double user error.

Hey Z-man - I looked at my "profile" by clicking on my screen name. Then, down the lower left hand side, there is an "email me" link avaialable under contact information. I then went to your profile, didn't see the same option, just one higher up on the page, left hand side, that says "message me"....or something along those lines.

Try looking at my profile, and see if you can use the "email" function to shoot me a message. If not, I'll just post my personal email address.

TGIF!!! :)

Try looking at my profile, and see if you can use the "email" function to shoot me a message. If not, I'll just post my personal email address.

TGIF!!! :)

Dan -

PM sent....I finally figured out where they hid the PM page.

Archived