TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Invoice Pricing on 2011 GT500 Options?

chuckstang

Anyone know?

I saw invoice for the car itself but never saw dealer cost for the options.

I am going to my dealership tomorrow and want as much info as possible to negotiate a price before ordering.

Any tips or hints, suggestions and what you think is reasonable for the dealership to accept at this point in time for an order?

Also, should I trade mine for the tax advantage (I think only would pay tax on the difference which goes save a good bit) or sell private party?

My car is an 07 with mods in sig, less than 14k miles, mint condition.

Nada says over $33k for trade

thanks guys!

Invoice on the options are usually 20-25 percent off the msrp (or so we are told) since invoice from edmunds etc is not necessarely the real invoice and costs of a dealer.

You may run into what happened in our case. We wanted to trade our BMW 550i sport 2006 with 24k, and the new thing now is to go on their "data base" and offer you what the car gets at the auction..............a neat new strategy. To make things worse for us, since we moved into this small town in the mountains away from metropolitan city, it is winter, so the sedan takes another hit for not being a 4x4.........maybe your experience will be better. good luck

invoice should be around 6k less than MSRP--plus dealer gets a 3% hold back,so if it sells for MSRP their sittng on 7500 gross margin.Based on the 2010 early order experience,you most likley will be looking at MSRP.Youll hear from a few that paid less,like trousseau, and some paid alot more,but Id think earli in the game,youre looking at MSRP. On the tax side,you wont be paying tax on the trade-in since you already paid tax.On the trade-in, i just went thru that auction BS on a Jag traded on a STS V. I came with recent sales of that car in our area,especially at the same onwership dealer and got them up 7K over their first offer.My experience with performance cars,that have a small buying group, youre better off selling it privately--itll take a few months,esp now.You can always do a deal with the dealer w/o the trade-in, tell him your selling your car,and if you cant,do a trade-in later,afetr hes already taken the order,Make sure you know what the orde cancel fees are if you cant sell the car

What should I expect to get private party?

The sales tax saved if I trade was like $1,500

Do you really think I can sell my car personally for more than $1,500 than what they will give me?

I think the most I could get for my car private party is 34-35k

I would not even consider trading for less than 30k to the dealer

Also, my attitude is that if they want full price for their car, I want full price for my car, fair is fair ?

What should I expect to get private party?

The sales tax saved if I trade was like $1,500

Do you really think I can sell my car personally for more than $1,500 than what they will give me?

I think the most I could get for my car private party is 34-35k

I would not even consider trading for less than 30k to the dealer

Also, my attitude is that if they want full price for their car, I want full price for my car, fair is fair ?

Chuck, you can go with any atitude you want but in the end, they always win........those fancy dealerships do not get built with them losing money. As for your trade, remember they can verbally tell you a number which is usually trade + discount but what is really on the used car slip?? I can almost guarantee it's not what you think. At the end of the day, its the difference you need to be happy with. Good luck but as posted, it's early in the game, don't expect huge, if any discounts yet.

Chuck, you can go with any atitude you want but in the end, they always win........those fancy dealerships do not get built with them losing money. As for your trade, remember they can verbally tell you a number which is usually trade + discount but what is really on the used car slip?? I can almost guarantee it's not what you think. At the end of the day, its the difference you need to be happy with. Good luck but as posted, it's early in the game, don't expect huge, if any discounts yet.

Thanks, but not sure I get the trade plus discount thing? I mean if they say we will give you $30k for your car, how else could you take that?

I am really just exploring here, cant hurt ya know.

Thanks, but not sure I get the trade plus discount thing? I mean if they say we will give you $30k for your car, how else could you take that?

I am really just exploring here, cant hurt ya know.

ok, follow this simple math. Just using some numbers here.

2011 msrp , $56000 INvoice $50000 so $6000 for the dealer to play with

Your trade. Real value $30000, they tell you $33000 but what they did it take 1/2 of the $6000 which is $3000 and tacked it on the tradein value...........the used car manager paperwork will say $30000 but they told you $33000, remember, they only used 3 of the 6 thousand to play with so they still made $3000 plus hidden holdback which you don't see from the get go.

Follow??

I thought that is what you meant.

I see what your saying now, but Im not sure I see anything wrong with it other than being a little deceiving.

By trading in, I got $2,100 savings on the sales tax, unless I calculatd it wrong, but that is a nice savings.

So lets say total OTD price is $57000, normal MA tax on that would be about $3,500

Now throw my trade of say $34000 into the mix and now my MA tax is down to about $1,450

So you can see a savings of about $2,000 no?

So if I gave them full msrp for the car but took their "generous" appearing trade in offer, the end result is not a bad deal since they gave me a good amount for my trade and I saved on the sales tax

I am just falling into the car dealer trap or is this making some logical sense lol

I thought I read you once worked in the industry?

thx

Chuck,

Have you thought about waiting for 6 months to get a better deal?

I understand the "gotta have it now" syndrome.hysterical.gif

Just sayin'...in 6 months I could see the value of the trade going down (it's 6 months older), but not the selling price of the 2011. That all depends on the market, obviously. But I don't see it. 12 months from now, yea, but another 6 months of depreciation on the trade. Just sayin'.

Just sayin'...in 6 months I could see the value of the trade going down (it's 6 months older), but not the selling price of the 2011. That all depends on the market, obviously. But I don't see it. 12 months from now, yea, but another 6 months of depreciation on the trade. Just sayin'.

OK then.

Wait a year and a half and buy a used 2011.

Sad to say...but folks will be selling them due to personal issues. It happens everyday.

I thought that is what you meant.

I see what your saying now, but Im not sure I see anything wrong with it other than being a little deceiving.

By trading in, I got $2,100 savings on the sales tax, unless I calculatd it wrong, but that is a nice savings.

So lets say total OTD price is $57000, normal MA tax on that would be about $3,500

Now throw my trade of say $34000 into the mix and now my MA tax is down to about $1,450

So you can see a savings of about $2,000 no?

So if I gave them full msrp for the car but took their "generous" appearing trade in offer, the end result is not a bad deal since they gave me a good amount for my trade and I saved on the sales tax

I am just falling into the car dealer trap or is this making some logical sense lol

I thought I read you once worked in the industry?

thx

Yes, you're correct, net difference is what matters and yes, you will save on tax.........and grabber is right, you should wait as your depreciation slows down after time so if you can wait and save $5000 on the new, don't worry, in the 4-6 mths of waiting, yours will not have dropped another $5000 in trade in value. yes I was in the business, still know the tricks and continue to help friends and family purchase to avoid the fear of this industry.......it's fun now and a challenge to me. good luck

thx for the info all

But waiting 6 months, the car prob would not be built and delivered until another 6 months anyway and I would not be paying until then. I take it they probably will only give me an estimate of my trade in right now since like someone stated in 6 months it will be a little less maybe.

So is it really possible to lock in a deal this early where allocations are not even given yet?

So you think my scenario above is not "good enough" of a deal to bite this early with the good trade in a tax savings and so forth?

Is it really worth it to say wait a whole year to find a 2011 for perhaps 2k under sticker but surely my car would probably be worth 1k less or whatever it may be. I guess my point is, is it really worth the wait to save a thousand dollars or even 2 to wait a year or more? I guess I don't see 2011 being given away like the 09s and KRs

To me if it goes like the 2010's I think waiting is good as long as you don't have to trade anything. I looked at the beginning of the summer and couldn't get a deal for any less than 5k over msrp. I just bought mine last week for $46,500 and the msrp was $50,370.00. But, It is winter and dealers in pa don't like having sports cars in jan. Also with this car having a new motor it might not drop ,but then again the 2010 had a new motor from the 2009.

My dealer spec'd out a 2011 GT500 just the way I wanted it.

Kona blue with white stripes

Electronics Package

MSRP $51835

Invoice $47378.68

Invoice on the electronics package is $2036.00

The Sticker on my 2010 which also had the cover (HID now included) was $51,270.00

My dealer spec'd out a 2011 GT500 just the way I wanted it.

Kona blue with white stripes

Electronics Package

MSRP $51835

Invoice $47378.68

Invoice on the electronics package is $2036.00

The Sticker on my 2010 which also had the cover (HID now included) was $51,270.00

What would your dealer charge for the 2011 they spec'd you out?

Not that it matters much for me as I really need a local dealer since I need to trade mine but what the hey

thx

What would your dealer charge for the 2011 they spec'd you out?

Not that it matters much for me as I really need a local dealer since I need to trade mine but what the hey

thx

Right now no more than MSRP. However, I have a feeling I could work the same deal I got on my 2010 GT500 which was $1k over invoice.

For me itd be simple--the 2010 and 2011 are asically the same car,except for Al block which ways 150lbs less.So if youre not dag racing,save your self at least 5k and get a new 2010 NOW,get a higher trade on your used car (less deprecaiation and fewer used 10s right now vs 6 mothns from now}.

ok, follow this simple math. Just using some numbers here.

2011 msrp , $56000 INvoice $50000 so $6000 for the dealer to play with

Your trade. Real value $30000, they tell you $33000 but what they did it take 1/2 of the $6000 which is $3000 and tacked it on the tradein value...........the used car manager paperwork will say $30000 but they told you $33000, remember, they only used 3 of the 6 thousand to play with so they still made $3000 plus hidden holdback which you don't see from the get go.

Follow??

Good example + when they sell your Shelby they will make up that $ 3000 by selling your car for $ 33k or more.

Archived