TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horsepower on the farm

1badsho

I'm sorry to report this guys but Horse power on the farm is a dead issue. Don has sold his car and resigned as regional team Shelby rep. He was going to get the event going but he no longer has his Shelby and does not want to be active with car events with out his car. So we are going to have to find something else to do in this State, SVT chapter is with a company Total Mustang Supply in Deerfeild Beach, but they are not active with the chapter.

I'm sorry to report this guys but Horse power on the farm is a dead issue. Don has sold his car and resigned as regional team Shelby rep. He was going to get the event going but he no longer has his Shelby and does not want to be active with car events with out his car. So we are going to have to find something else to do in this State, SVT chapter is with a company Total Mustang Supply in Deerfeild Beach, but they are not active with the chapter.

That stinks.... :banghead::censored:

• 2 months later...

brad and I are now shelby - less ........ but that doesnt stop the love of the car or the brand ........... been in talks with brad and jessie ..... news forthcoming regarding HPHF.

• 2 months later...

brad and I are now shelby - less ........ but that doesnt stop the love of the car or the brand ........... been in talks with brad and jessie ..... news forthcoming regarding HPHF.

:headspin:

• 1 month later...

I'm going to reopen this topic because I have a possible location! It seems like there is a lot of interest in this event and it just so happens that, after a long discussion, my sister has suggested we could use her place! Now don't get your hopes up just yet, this is just a "feeler"! Her farm is located in San Antonio, Florida, (yes Texas, you're not alone, there is one in Florida!), amongst rolling hills and beautiful lakes. She has about 10 acres with a 10 stall horse barn and neighbors that don't mind noise. She's new to this sort of thing so we could start relatively small, say 50 Shelbys/Mustangs, and provide "primitive" camping and or space for an RV. There are local bed/breakfast and motels/hotels as well. I'd like to hear from attendees of previous years to see what sort of thing you'd like - barbeque(s), cruise(s), small show, etc. If the timing works, there's another town within about 5 miles, Dade City, that regularly holds car shows on Saturdays in the middle of town around a historic courthouse that we could attend.

Let me know what you guys think!

Sam

Tony,

You may be right, but it's worth a shot! I'm fairly certain that at least 100 cars is do-able, but then we start losing room for public parking, camping and what not. It could involve using the farm as a "base" and holding the show elsewhere or in conjunction with another event.

Sam

Vic/Don,

You can count on my sister and I asking for help if this becomes a reality! I hate having to limit the number of attendees actually "on site" but I'm not to sure at this point what my sister is willing to put up with! As far as time frame goes, late April or early May would probably work, but my main concern is weather - not to hot or cold, (we all remember the Silver Springs snow/ice storm!) and not getting into Summer thunderstorm season.

Here's a Google Earth shot of the property (latitude/longitude 28 18'40.95" N / 82 15'56.52" W):

SouthlakeFarm.jpg

The two paddocks on either side of the entrance are decent sized for parking, the one on the left center could be used for camping. The back paddock is for the horses so it's unavailable. The house (center) would be off-limits to respect my sister's desire for some privacy. The area on the left, between the center and front paddocks would be ideal for Justin if he decided to bring his dyno. We'd ask the neighbors next door and across the street if they'd be interested in providing some public parking if we hold a show.

Sam

Sam, I think it's next to perfect. THANK YOUR SISTER!!!!! The last HPOTF if I recall correctly was around 60 of us. We did have some come down from up North, the long haul guy was from Indiana. The year before Cobrafan came in from Texas. All I see we need is a hamburger flipper, an out house and some Volunteers. I would think no later than April would beat the heat. This is great news for all Shelby owners. Hope Brad stops by to say howdy.

I wonder if Vic will have the most HP again on the farm??????????? :drool:

Sam,

Sounds like this could get pretty big. What time of the year are you looking at?

Keep us posted, this is sounding pretty cool.

Joe

Joe,

It depends on how everyone feels - late April or early May would be a pretty good guess. San Antonio is a very small town, though there is a college campus there, (Saint Leo). I'm thinking most folks don't like the idea of "primitive camping", so we may skip that and offer a bit of space for a few RV's. The rest would have to settle for a hotel/motel and selection is pretty good - Interstate 75 is within 10 miles, Saddlebrook Resort is nearby. Based on some quick figuring, 75-100 cars is doable if we keep it "members only". If we open this to the public, parking will be an issue!

Tentative plan would be a two night, one day event, meaning everyone arrives in the area on Friday then we meet at the farm Friday night for a barbeque, live music, social time. Saturday will be show time - judging by participants and local celebrities, (Bellamy Brothers live nearby and are a possibility) - maybe a top twenty and peoples choice. Saturday night would be another cookout, party, socializing and then farewells. Cost? My WAG would be $50 a head to cover food, port-a-lets, kegs of beer, band, and what not.

Here's an idea for the layout:

SouthlakeFarm-1.jpg

Still working on it!

Sam

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sent a note to Bob Z, the Team Shelby South Atlantic Regional Director, hopefully he'll chime in on this!

Sam

Looking forward to an update when we get together at Waterford Lakes this Saturday. Drive careful...Joe

Archived