TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horsepower on the farm

1badsho

Both Brad and I were working feverishly to get the infamous Horse Power on the Horse Farm going for Feb 2010 but do to constraints from Brad and using his property we had to look for a alternative site. I had a couple of maybes but nothing definite so not being able to find a suitable location and with time running out, I decided to postpone this years event for next year.

Since Im starting on 2011 now ... I am expecting over 100 cars .... ShelbyGT500's ... KR's ... SuperSnakes ... 40th Aniv's ... ShelbyGT's ... Ford GT's .... 07,08,09,10 and dare I say ...... say say .... 2011 Shelbys !!!!

I am going to Contact Ford Motor Co ... SAI ... along with them and other hopeful major sponsers including but not limited too VMP .... EVO ..... Lethal ... and other big vendors ..... I think we will have the best Show YET !!!

Justin of VMP has already commited his rolling dyno to the event !!

What I need is this :

1) I need some people to help me put this event on. I cant do it buy myself.

2) I also need a backup location ... a farm with enough room to handle 100 + mustangs ...... and I aint talking the furry ones :hysterical: ......

Brad place wasnt available this year and may not be availbale next year ..... and it seems brad and I always wait till christmas or the first of the year to advertise. Well not this time for 2011. We hope we can use Brads property next year but I am looking for a backup location. The location will be kept in the Orlando/ Oviedo area.

I will be posting a web site regarding the event in the ensuing weeks .... and start to email previous attendees on the date .... times and location.

If anyone has any questions or is wanting to help out ... we need planners and people at the event to check in attendees ... to help out with logistics .... etc .... Those who have attended previous events will attest ... its a BIG SHOW !!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Please feel free to contact via pm or email

I would be glade to help in any way I can. It was a great event last year ! I am in Kissimmee,don't have a place big enough, but I am retired and have all the time in the world. pm me and we can talk.

Loy ( Lucky 2 )

• 2 weeks later...

Zach ... Loy .... I will take you both up on your offers ....

If you can ... email me directly regarding your full names .... phone numbers and I will give u both a call.

Loy ... I got your email ..... pls send me your phone number too ! !

tried to send you a message, but your inbox is full.

Just erased a bunch messages ..... pm away !!!

Let me know how i can help.

BTW........Florida Shelby Club?

Vic

Vic ... as always thank you for your support .... I got your cell number so I will be given you a call ... you were already on my list .... you just didnt know it yet :hysterical:

• 5 months later...

Both Brad and I were working feverishly to get the infamous Horse Power on the Horse Farm going for Feb 2010 but do to constraints from Brad and using his property we had to look for a alternative site. I had a couple of maybes but nothing definite so not being able to find a suitable location and with time running out, I decided to postpone this years event for next year.

Since Im starting on 2011 now ... I am expecting over 100 cars .... ShelbyGT500's ... KR's ... SuperSnakes ... 40th Aniv's ... ShelbyGT's ... Ford GT's .... 07,08,09,10 and dare I say ...... say say .... 2011 Shelbys !!!!

I am going to Contact Ford Motor Co ... SAI ... along with them and other hopeful major sponsers including but not limited too VMP .... EVO ..... Lethal ... and other big vendors ..... I think we will have the best Show YET !!!

Justin of VMP has already commited his rolling dyno to the event !!

What I need is this :

1) I need some people to help me put this event on. I cant do it buy myself.

2) I also need a backup location ... a farm with enough room to handle 100 + mustangs ...... and I aint talking the furry ones :hysterical: ......

Brad place wasnt available this year and may not be availbale next year ..... and it seems brad and I always wait till christmas or the first of the year to advertise. Well not this time for 2011. We hope we can use Brads property next year but I am looking for a backup location. The location will be kept in the Orlando/ Oviedo area.

I will be posting a web site regarding the event in the ensuing weeks .... and start to email previous attendees on the date .... times and location.

If anyone has any questions or is wanting to help out ... we need planners and people at the event to check in attendees ... to help out with logistics .... etc .... Those who have attended previous events will attest ... its a BIG SHOW !!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Please feel free to contact via pm or email

Any chance that this is going to happen?

Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess not

I have been real busy trying to make money at the dealership ..... has been a relative calm summer and Sept wasnt good at all. But with some new managers in place and opening up a secondary finance division ... think we are going to have a real good fall and winter at the store

Because of this I have spent all my time and resources on the dealership but will be more active on TS as I use to be. There are alot of good things happening with Team Shelby ..... the state of Florida and Horse Power on the Horse Farm for 2011. Ive been working with TS to do bigger and better things for the past few mths so hold tight ... !

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle and things are looking up at the dealership. Looking forward to another Horsepower on the Horse Farm. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. Hope things are fine with Brad. :salute:

Don

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been real busy trying to make money at the dealership ..... has been a relative calm summer and Sept wasnt good at all. But with some new managers in place and opening up a secondary finance division ... think we are going to have a real good fall and winter at the store

Because of this I have spent all my time and resources on the dealership but will be more active on TS as I use to be. There are alot of good things happening with Team Shelby ..... the state of Florida and Horse Power on the Horse Farm for 2011. Ive been working with TS to do bigger and better things for the past few mths so hold tight ... !

Got my fingers crossed :dance:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anything new on this?

The HORSEPOWER on THE HORSE FARM is alive and well

I'm looking at doing the show same dates in Febuary for 2012 as previous shows. I plan to start advertising soon but need to get some things settled ..... I need to get with key vendorso make sure the dates are good for them and start coordinating.

Secondly, I need a horse farm that is suitable for this event. Brads place I dont think is available anymore so I need help. I would prefer someone who is a team shelby member who has the same passion as us because I would prob need there assistance.

Also, anyone who would be wiling to donate some time and help me put this event on would greatly appreciated

I am signed up for this years waterford event and hope to be there .....Saturdays are bad for dealerships but Im going to try to take that day off so I can mingle amongst are fellow ford fans !! !!

I'm looking at doing the show same dates in Febuary for 2012 as previous shows. I plan to start advertising soon but need to get some things settled ..... I need to get with key vendorso make sure the dates are good for them and start coordinating.

Secondly, I need a horse farm that is suitable for this event. Brads place I dont think is available anymore so I need help. I would prefer someone who is a team shelby member who has the same passion as us because I would prob need there assistance.

Also, anyone who would be wiling to donate some time and help me put this event on would greatly appreciated

I am signed up for this years waterford event and hope to be there .....Saturdays are bad for dealerships but Im going to try to take that day off so I can mingle amongst are fellow ford fans !! !!

Don you can always call it horse power in the park or water front and have it someware else. I'm glad you love our cars so much to take on this task. Is this also going to be a team shelby regional meet?

• 2 weeks later...

Don,

Sounds like a plan! Thanks for pushing this forward. I'm really looking forward to it. Let me know if I can help.

Joe

Thanks guys ..... trying to get several states up and running including my home state .... doing ford work and trying to camp every so often keeps the calender full ....... Appreciate all your support and am really looking forward to getting the show under way !

I will definitely be there, and I can bring my mobile dynojet too.

Justin works for me ..... I will call you next week ... want to run some ideas by you !

• 3 weeks later...

As alot of you know, I have been looking for a location to host next years HP on the HF event and it looks like we found ourselves a HORSE FARM !!!! ..... I will firm up the dates soon but Im inclined to keep the same dates which is the last sunday of Feb after the Waterford show(Feb 26th 2012).

The show will happen for sure. What I have been trying to do is fine a suitable location.

What I envision is that by the time of the show, all 4-5 zones/chapters will have been created for the Team Shelby Florida Chapter and all zones/chapters in Feb will converge next year !!! :happy feet:

With any luck I will have the zones up and running and membership going in full force and they will be doing there own thing and all of us along with everybody else will converge on Horse Power at the Horse Farm in Feb 2012 :happy feet: :happy feet:

Think I found a location ..... and its BEAUTIFUL ..... right here in Orlando ...... I'll keep everyone posted once i get a full commitment ... than full steam ahead !

• 3 weeks later...

Think I found a location ..... and its BEAUTIFUL ..... right here in Orlando ...... I'll keep everyone posted once i get a full commitment ... than full steam ahead !

:happy feet: :happy feet: Looking forward to it :happy feet: :happy feet:

:peelout:

• 3 weeks later...

:happy feet: :happy feet: Looking forward to it :happy feet: :happy feet:

:peelout:

Well just to let you know there is other folks from other states interested in this event, So I will be watching this thread to see how this turns out..Thanks and I hope it happens in 2012..

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on the location?

Archived