TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Arrivals

crispy23c

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RBC,

Welcome to stangsunleashed. Nice looking car looks a bit different then others with rocker panel stripes deleted. Take a look at the GT500 forum. You will see some other hot cars and topics. The link is below. This forum focuses on the Shelby GT Mustang. Which believe it or not is a different car.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Sorry Socaljafo, I put my picture on the wrong forum. Rick

i got mine last fri sweet car # 258 black /silver stripes it does put out smoke when I start it after sitting over nite ,my harly davidson truck does the same thing #101, my hood stripe got damged during shipping... it does have the floor mats

post-7908-1172201723_thumb.jpg

post-7908-1172201723_thumb.jpg

Edited by shelbygt350s

I picked up #647 this afternoon in So. Calif. It is black with a five speed. I haven't given it a thorough run yet, but here are my impressions so far. The acceleration feels very strong but only really kicks in around 4K RPM. The shifter is a little stiff but with a good tug it quickly moves between the gears. The engine sounds great. Throaty, but not overbearing. My son has a Chrysler 300SRT8. I think his car is more agile, but the ride is too rough for me. The SGT is a good compromise. I certainly haven't pushed it to the limits, but the handling seems very good, but a little light feeling. What I was hoping for was a car that felt like a late 60's muscle car with the benefits of modern technology and improved suspensions. That is exactly what I feel I got. So far the car is great.

Not yet. However, my mother just bought a house in town with a two car garage. She won't be here till the beginning of April. :happy feet: Guess where my cars will be until construction is final.

Man.........you always got a back up plan. :happy feet:

One of the members here has said there car doesn't have it another member on the SAI forum said there car doesn't have it. Amy posts that it is removed. I hope it is a quality control issue and is resolved. If not it will make an interesting tell about the originallity of a car 35 years from now.

MY CAR #0258 HAS PART OF OLD GRILLE STILL THERE

Hi Everybody,

I recently put a down on a Shelby GT here in San Diego at Mossy Ford in Mission Bay. I received my VIN # on 2/28

I check every day to see if it has made it's way to the Shelby Plant. Part of the excitement is anticipating. I have the best personality for this type of build out. Fun Loving, Type-A, Busy, technical and a little board best describes me. I have the pleasure of dealing with John Walker as far as upgrades for my wifes new Shelby GT. He is Prompt and thourough and so far no B.S.

Car Description: Black with silver stripes, Automatic, Shaker 500, had them remove the GPS.

Options will include: Shelby Package

1. Super Charger Polished

2. 20" Wheels and tires

3. Large brakes

4. GT rear Valance Exhaust trim, pair

5. Sequential tail lights

6. Shelby floor mats (upgrade)

7. Center gage cluster with shelby gages

8. Fuse box cover

9. Windshield washer nozzle covers, pair

10. Door lock knobs, pair

11. Lock knob grommet covers, pair

12. Billet coat hooks, pair

13. shelby sill plate inserts, pair

14. shelby license plate cover for rear of car only

15. Shelby console arm rest

16. Stainless steel hood prop rod

17.Aesthetic engine kit with billit oil stick and fluid caps

18. Car Delivered to my home

I plan to pick up all of the parts removed from this car for the upgrade at Shelby.

I will keep you guys and gals informed as time expires.........................................

Later,

Clink

Edited by clink

Welcome aboard Clink, sounds like you are getting everything on the car for your wife. Good to have you hear and enjoy the site. You mentioned you were going to get the GT exhaust trim. If you haven't already double check if they fit the SHelby GT. The prototype cars came with the standard Mustang GT rear. The production cars come with the California Special valance that doesn't lend itself to the trim. I have a picture below. Also, since you are going to Vegas to pick up the parts why not pick the car up in the Museum delivery and trailer it home yourself if you must. There have been some great impressions form those you have picked their cars up at SAI.

post-7707-1173334424.jpg

post-7707-1173334424.jpg

Edited by socaljafo

Welcome aboard Clink, sounds like you are getting everything on the car for your wife. Good to have you hear and enjoy the site. You mentioned you were going to get the GT exhaust trim. If you haven't already double check if they fit the SHelby GT. The prototype cars came with the standard Mustang GT rear. The production cars come with the California Special valance that doesn't lend itself to the trim. I have a picture below. Also, since you are going to Vegas to pick up the parts why not pick the car up in the Museum delivery and trailer it home yourself if you must. There have been some great impressions form those you have picked their cars up at SAI.

It was $500.00 either way, Delivered or Picked-up. I want to go have a little fun with my wifee while in Vegas without having the hassel of trailering the car back. We are planning a trip through the facility while we are there.

Nice to know about the exhaust trim. I will make sure now that I don't pay for something I can't use. This is a great site, I've picked up on quite a few ideas. Ordering this car is a learning experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice to know about the exhaust trim. I will make sure now that I don't pay for something I can't use. This is a great site, I've picked up on quite a few ideas. Ordering this car is a learning experience.

Hi all,

I picked mine (#56) on Feb 19th in Las Vegas. I was the first to do the Museum Delivery Program and Amy's folks really rolled out the red carpet for my wife and I. It was an experience of a life time, complete with about 75 photos. We drove our black/manual/shaker 1000/all options back to Colorado, and I have 1600 miles on her already. What a sweet ride and the folks at Shelby are first rate. I still swap emails with many of them and they are so kind and helpful. If any of you get a chance to get out to their facility, check out the black marks in front of the door. I felt the need to leave a little of me behind.

Don

Car__2.JPG

Car__2.JPG

Edited by dbeson