TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Arrivals

crispy23c

I apologize to those who said they saw pictures of the Shelby grill placed over the stock grill. I made a smart comment because I thought it had been resolved. I had read post from Amy and owners who picked up their car and said there was no grill there. I stopped by a dealership today and saw #182, a white manual. The stock grill is certainly there. I think there maybe a quality control issue. It seems some cars are going out with them and some are not. I took some picture with my phone. I hope there is a reason or that it is quickly resolved. See for yourself, the last one is from behind looking down by the hood latch:

post-7707-1171507143_thumb.jpg

post-7707-1171507154_thumb.jpg

post-7707-1171507165_thumb.jpg

post-7707-1171507143_thumb.jpg

post-7707-1171507154_thumb.jpg

post-7707-1171507165_thumb.jpg

Edited by socaljafo

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize to those who said they saw pictures of the Shelby grill placed over the stock grill. I made a smart comment because I thought it had been resolved. I had read post from Amy and owners who picked up their car and said there was no grill there. I stopped by a dealership today and saw #182, a white manual. The stock grill is certainly there. I think there maybe a quality control issue. It seems some cars are going out with them and some are not. I took some picture with my phone. I hope there is a reason or that it is quickly resolved. See for yourself, the last one is from behind looking down by the hood latch:

The white one in post 38 seems to have the same issue :headscratch:

No problem Socaljafo, no offense taken. I saw my second black Shelby GT tonight in person and I checked the grill. The stock grill was behind the Shelby grill. The fog lights and Mustang horse were removed but the rest of the Factory grill was there just like the one I saw at Palm Bay Ford. This Shelby was in a parking lot and it was dark so I couldn't see the Shelby serial number but it was purchased at Palm Coast Ford.

The white one in post 38 seems to have the same issue :headscratch:

Okay you guys that have your cars already. Get out there and look behind the grill and see if the old one is there. I should have mine in a couple weeks, it will be nice to have some of these questions resolved, too bad I have to wait and see mine before I know.

Okay you guys that have your cars already. Get out there and look behind the grill and see if the old one is there. I should have mine in a couple weeks, it will be nice to have some of these questions resolved, too bad I have to wait and see mine before I know.

The white one in the post is mine. Yes the original grill is there (or what is left of it).

Do I think they could have done a better job of mounting the new grille? - Absolutely.

Would it make me think twice about buying the car? - No.

You really can't tell unless you know what you are looking for. I could swear that there was an official statement made, denying the existence of the original grille... Or maybe not?? As an owner, it doesn't really make that much difference to me. I still love the car. It does get lots of attention. Some guy going the opposite direction of me nearly crashed today, trying to get a better look at it. There was a big crowd looking at it when I picked it up at the dealership and there is always someone looking at it in the lot at work.

Mark

The white one in the post is mine. Yes the original grill is there (or what is left of it).

Do I think they could have done a better job of mounting the new grille? - Absolutely.

Would it make me think twice about buying the car? - No.

You really can't tell unless you know what you are looking for. I could swear that there was an official statement made, denying the existence of the original grille... Or maybe not?? As an owner, it doesn't really make that much difference to me. I still love the car. It does get lots of attention. Some guy going the opposite direction of me nearly crashed today, trying to get a better look at it. There was a big crowd looking at it when I picked it up at the dealership and there is always someone looking at it in the lot at work.

Mark

Mine doesn't have any remnants of the original grille behind the Shelby grille. I've posted my car on here. It's the Black one from Florida.

Gary

....that's what I mean two members in a row with different answers.

Guys how about floormats. Did your car come with the floormats from Shelby or were your cars delivered early without them. There are pictures of a car at a dealership with floormats that are not what wsa pictured in the prototype and they are not up to the quality of a $37K car at all. They con't even seem to match the carpet. The dealership told our member they came with the car from SAI.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry101681

....that's what I mean two members in a row with different answers.

Guys how about floormats. Did your car come with the floormats from Shelby or were your cars delivered early without them. There are pictures of a car at a dealership with floormats that are not what wsa pictured in the prototype and they are not up to the quality of a $37K car at all. They con't even seem to match the carpet. The dealership told our member they came with the car from SAI.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry101681

Socal,

My car was delivered without the floormats and my Sales guy called Shelby and determined what has been stated on other threads. The Ford order states "floormat delete", however Ford was to send them to Shelby who would put the logo on them and ship them with the car. This didn't happen and now the folks at Shelby are waiting for the floormats from Ford so they can do their work and then ship them to the selling dealers. I called my dealer yesterday to check on the floormats and they haven't gotten them yet. My car was delivered on 2/1/07.

Gary

Socal,

My car was delivered without the floormats and my Sales guy called Shelby and determined what has been stated on other threads. The Ford order states "floormat delete", however Ford was to send them to Shelby who would put the logo on them and ship them with the car. This didn't happen and now the folks at Shelby are waiting for the floormats from Ford so they can do their work and then ship them to the selling dealers. I called my dealer yesterday to check on the floormats and they haven't gotten them yet. My car was delivered on 2/1/07.

Gary

Mine came with the floormats. Unfortunately they are not the ones you see in the prototype photos. The are the ones with the little "CS SHELBY" tag on the side.

Mark

.....that is what I was afraid of. I am not happy about it and I pretty sure I am going to reduce my upgrade list. Supercharger and hood still but I may get everything else from FRPP or elsewhere.

Those floormats and the remnants of the grill are a real disapointment. After so many changes from when I put down $5000 on the car in November, (Black wheels, lack of options availability,lower horsepower, increased price, floormats,grill) I am really geting frustrated. It would be nice to get more than you thought instead of trying to justify the final product.

Guys, first, I will look into the grill issue on Monday, I dont know much about this issue, so I will check.

On the floor mats, I have posted on this before. If you look at your Ford window sticker, it says "mats deleted" we are getting them and we are sending them them out to all who bought a car. This happened to the first run of cars, so we had to wait for the mats to come to us, so we could add the shelby name, and they have been going out.

Amy

Amy,

It isn't about the floormat delay. We are disappointed with the product. When prototypes were shown they had nice embroidered floormats that had the CS logo and Shelby GT lettered in silver. What owners are reporting and people are seeing in showrooms are a floormat with a metal plate the has the CS logo and Shelby. We are disapointed with the look and it seems like another corner cut from what we originally fell in love with.

post-7707-1171741877.jpeg

post-7707-1171741882.jpeg

post-7707-1171741877.jpeg

post-7707-1171741882.jpeg

Edited by socaljafo

Amy,

It isn't about the floormat delay. We are disappointed with the product. When prototypes were shown they had nice embroidered floormats that had the CS logo and Shelby GT lettered in silver. What owners are reporting and people are seeing in showrooms are a floormat with a metal plate the has the CS logo and Shelby. We are disapointed with the look and it seems like another corner cut from what we originally fell in love with.

hi socal, can you show me where that was?, those mats you mention are mats we sell separately, they are not OE certified, so I could not of sold them with the car direct ever. my appologies on the mixup on this item. the ones that do come, have a billeted plate that says shelby.

Amy

picked up shelby gt black auto trans # 391 2-15-07 car arrived by suprise as shelby vin check showed still at shelby since 1-14-2007 and phone call to shelby from dealer two days before said car was there but mods not started yet .so you better be ready for a suprise phone call . my wife her car and me are very satisfied and car is a blast to drive . the shelby grille is over part of old grille but makes it more special in my eyes . you dont even notice it unless you are looking for it 100 % satisfied msrp price also from my dealer

post-8161-1171748828_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748843_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748858_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748867_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748875_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748884_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748828_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748843_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748858_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748867_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748875_thumb.jpg

post-8161-1171748884_thumb.jpg

picked up shelby gt black auto trans # 391 2-15-07 car arrived by suprise as shelby vin check showed still at shelby since 1-14-2007 and phone call to shelby from dealer two days before said car was there but mods not started yet .so you better be ready for a suprise phone call . my wife her car and me are very satisfied and car is a blast to drive . the shelby grille is over part of old grille but makes it more special in my eyes . you dont even notice it unless you are looking for it 100 % satisfied msrp price also from my dealer

Way cool. It really looks nice in black.

Amy,

Sorry for the delay I was at work. The pictures of the floormat are off themustangsource.com. They are in an initial story describing the Shelby GT. There are several pictures. Most of which are the same as the pictures in the Shelbyautos.com gallery. Link:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/07/shelbygt.htm

I believe the other mat is the one with the billet piece. I didn't take the picture another member did and it was seconded by third member who has received their car. I know how that hearsay sounds and if I am mistaken I apologize.

those mats you mention are mats we sell separately,

....If you are refering to the one that looks embroidered and has "Shelby GT" on it. Where can we get information and purchase these....I have never seen those on the SAI shopping page.

Thank You for resonding,

Chris

Edited by socaljafo

I agree. When I put my money down it was with the understanding the black car was comming with polished wheels, embroidered mats like the initial cars shown. Each time something is changed from what I thought I was ordering it is a little disapointing. I liked the polished wheels,shelbygt embroidered mats,first style front and rear fascia that were on the cars that prompted me to order one.

I guess if I have to buy the mats I would consider it. Are they available now? How much are they? My car is there now so Id like the mats before it leaves if possible.

Amy,

Here are the mats we thought we were getting when we ordered our cars in November. You can see why me and socal are dissapointed.

ShelbyGT-13.jpg

ok, I get it now, the weird thing is, I have never seen this mat, I wonder where that pic is from, do you know? Are this the offical pictures from somewhere, are they on my ste? I have sent it to the staff to find out. Let me know what other info you have.

The same reason stands, these would have never passed Ford regulations on mats. That is why we released the ones we did.

Amy

ok, I get it now, the weird thing is, I have never seen this mat, I wonder where that pic is from, do you know? Are this the offical pictures from somewhere, are they on my ste? I have sent it to the staff to find out. Let me know what other info you have.

The same reason stands, these would have never passed Ford regulations on mats. That is why we released the ones we did.

Amy

Inside, features include ‘Shelby GT' logo floor mats and custom sill plates with Shelby GT nomenclature.

This is from Shelbyautos.com home page under Shelby Introduces the 2007 Shelby GT. The mats that are coming with the SGT say "CS Shelby" and not the "Shelby GT" logo as stated on your website.

RBC,

Welcome to stangsunleashed. Nice looking car looks a bit different then others with rocker panel stripes deleted. Take a look at the GT500 forum. You will see some other hot cars and topics. The link is below. This forum focuses on the Shelby GT Mustang. Which believe it or not is a different car.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=7

07Shelby, I love your garage I am very envious and PSDS is turning it into blind rage, just kidding......

I do have a question for you. Looking at the two cars and the 18" bullets on your Shelby GT, do you think they fit over the svt/Brembo brake package?

I finally got a chance to try the wheels this weekend, and they are not even close to fitting, they do not clear the brakes. Sorry about delay in reply.