TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Arrivals

crispy23c

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up ninety-nine tonight from Drew Ford in San Diego. It was dark when I got her home so the pictures are not that good. This car is everything I hoped it would be. To all that are still waiting, you won't be disappointed. Although it was an agonizing wait, it was worth it.

Drew Ford treated me right. I started the S-GT list back in August. They promised me the car at msrp on a handshake, wouldn't take my money for a deposit, and then delivered on their promise. The owner came by when we were signing paperwork and thanked us for our business.

Mark

post-4615-1171091034_thumb.jpgpost-4615-1171091053_thumb.jpgpost-4615-1171090977_thumb.jpg

post-4615-1171090977_thumb.jpg

post-4615-1171091034_thumb.jpg

post-4615-1171091053_thumb.jpg

Edited by msondys

Okay, guys & gals.....some of these should be getting delivered to you soon, so I figured I would start a thread so you all could post pix when you get them.....Can't wait!!!!! ;)

Number 84 has arrived! Black/Silver. Delivered 2-5-07 9:30 pm. Aprroximently 3 weeks after my Black/Tungsten GT500. :hyper:

post-4976-1171229141_thumb.jpg

post-4976-1171229141_thumb.jpg

Nav in a Mustang? That totally negates the reason for cruising in the first place, which is to try to get lost! :hyper: :lol:

You know, I have done whole bullruns withouyt a nav system, but I just got one for my birthday and it is amazing! I can find gas stations, restaurants and even shopping...whoo hoo! I am now a big supporter of Nav!!!! :yahoo:

Amy

Welcome 07 AZ,

Your matching rides look great. It is nice to have a supportive wife that's for sure. I am waiting for my GT500 to arrive soon. I bought & ordered a GT/CS last summer and when the GT500 comes in we will have His and Hers cars. She has already told me that she can handle the beast, so we will be sharing the 2 cars. We plan on doing some shows to. The Grabber Orange GT500 and the White GT/CS will surely show well.

Welcome to the site, I am glad you decided to start posting. See you around bud. B)

Edited by Grabber

I just picked up ninety-nine tonight from Drew Ford in San Diego. It was dark when I got her home so the pictures are not that good. This car is everything I hoped it would be. To all that are still waiting, you won't be disappointed. Although it was an agonizing wait, it was worth it.

Drew Ford treated me right. I started the S-GT list back in August. They promised me the car at msrp on a handshake, wouldn't take my money for a deposit, and then delivered on their promise. The owner came by when we were signing paperwork and thanked us for our business.

Mark

post-4615-1171091034_thumb.jpgpost-4615-1171091053_thumb.jpgpost-4615-1171090977_thumb.jpg

Congrats, Mark! Looks beautiful!

Number 84 has arrived! Black/Silver. Delivered 2-5-07 9:30 pm. Aprroximently 3 weeks after my Black/Tungsten GT500. :hyper:

2 Black Shelbys.......nice garage! By the way...whose epoxy system did you use and was the application easy? I have similar plans for my garage this spring, once it gets above '0' degrees in NH. :rant:

....we have gone round and round on this. The owners who have received their cars have said that the grill is not place over the stock grill.

We do not place our grill over the old grill, it is inserted into the stock frame.

Amy

I checked out a Black SGT at Palm Bay Ford the other day. I noticed the factory grill was still in place behind the Shelby grill. The Fog lights were removed, the rings were still there and the mustang horse was cut out. Overall I was impressed with the car itself. The only option it had was the sirus and they were asking $20,000 over MSRP. The salesman told me if I liked it to make an offer. I told him I have a white one on order from another dealer at MSRP and that I really don't like black but if they would let it go for $20,000 under MSRP I could live with the black. He laughed and said my offer was ridiculous. I said and so is your asking price.

I checked out a Black SGT at Palm Bay Ford the other day. I noticed the factory grill was still in place behind the Shelby grill. The Fog lights were removed, the rings were still there and the mustang horse was cut out. Overall I was impressed with the car itself. The only option it had was the sirus and they were asking $20,000 over MSRP. The salesman told me if I liked it to make an offer. I told him I have a white one on order from another dealer at MSRP and that I really don't like black but if they would let it go for $20,000 under MSRP I could live with the black. He laughed and said my offer was ridiculous. I said and so is your asking price.

Awwwww, feel the love! :wub: No wonder, it's almost Valentine's day! :hysterical: Congrats on your :beerchug: MSRP purchase, post pics when you get it!

Congrats, Mark! Looks beautiful!

2 Black Shelbys.......nice garage! By the way...whose epoxy system did you use and was the application easy? I have similar plans for my garage this spring, once it gets above '0' degrees in NH. :rant:

Thanks, the product I have used on different applications for over 15 years is a product by Sherwin Williams called Tile Clad HS. It works great. I just snapped :ohsnap: chalk lines with 24" squares and filled it in (actually my wife did most of work of painting).

Mark

I love it Mark. Mine is on the way. Did you order any extras from Shelby? Great color :happy feet:

Edited by mastersmech1

I love it Mark. Mine is on the way. Did you order any extras from Shelby? Great color :happy feet:

MM,

I originally wanted to go with the CS6 hood and rear spoiler. I had seen a Hertz car in person and really liked the look. I didn't dislike the riveted scoop, just liked the other one better. Because of the cost and not wanting to add any delays to the delivery of my car I decided to go with the SGT hood. I believe that it looks better in person than in the photos. I really like it alot now and I am happy with my decision. Of course I want the Supercharger, but the cost was more than I could justify right now. After the sting of the price wears off, maybe I can convince my wife it is a mandatory add-on. Long answer, no extras, no regrets. This car has exceeded my expectations. It is worth the wait. Good luck!

Mark

Let me add my congratulations...2 beautiful rides. Very, very jealous. I was planning on getting a Black/Tungsten GT 500 but ultimately was unwilling to play the ADM game. I currently have a Black Shelby GT sitting at the Shelby factory.

Even though I went with the GT over the GT 500--I'm a huge fan of both cars. When you get a chance, would love to get your input on how both cars drive/feel/sound/and anything else to compare the two wonderful beasts.

Thanks...

MM,

I originally wanted to go with the CS6 hood and rear spoiler. I had seen a Hertz car in person and really liked the look. I didn't dislike the riveted scoop, just liked the other one better. Because of the cost and not wanting to add any delays to the delivery of my car I decided to go with the SGT hood. I believe that it looks better in person than in the photos. I really like it alot now and I am happy with my decision. Of course I want the Supercharger, but the cost was more than I could justify right now. After the sting of the price wears off, maybe I can convince my wife it is a mandatory add-on. Long answer, no extras, no regrets. This car has exceeded my expectations. It is worth the wait. Good luck!

Mark

Mark,

I rode the fence on the hood as well. I'm glad to hear your happy with the scoop. I'm sure I will be too.

John