TEAM SHELBY FORUM

strut tower brace and intake

9599svt

Does anybody know who makes an intake that will allow me to mount the FRPP/ KR style brace to my 2010? I know the svt resintator eliminator wont work with the KR brace. Will the JLT fit with the washers, and are there any other makes that would allow me to still keep my stock air filter assembly and just change the tube to allow the KR brace to fit? Also does anyone know how long till SVT releases there brace for the 2010? Thanks

Does anybody know who makes an intake that will allow me to mount the FRPP/ KR style brace to my 2010? I know the svt resintator eliminator wont work with the KR brace. Will the JLT fit with the washers, and are there any other makes that would allow me to still keep my stock air filter assembly and just change the tube to allow the KR brace to fit? Also does anyone know how long till SVT releases there brace for the 2010? Thanks

If you go the JLT route,just make sure you and them have an understanding about returns if it doesnt fit your car

I have the strut brace and its well engineered and really has made my vert ride much better.Theres not much clearance between the brace and the intake,maybe1 /8th, so the spaceers are necessary.They come unpainted,and if youre getting the strut painted . id ask JLT to paint the spacers as well.JLT left the spacers out of my order,so make sure you tell them you have a 2010

So did you install it? IF so could you please post a pic for me. If Jay doesn't post conformation on here I will give him a call next week and talk to him. I would really like to go with the KR style brace especially since I already have it. If not I will wait till svt realeases theres for the 2010 which I wonder if they will include on the 2011 with the svt performance package?? I believe are cars should have came with the brace but was simply left off because NVH was more important at the time.

The FRPP 2010 Mustang SVT brace was released nearly 3 months back. Or at least it's been on the FRPP site for about that long.

Go to "new parts" and click on the 3-months new. Look for the 2010 SVT handling pack and you can see it with that kit. There is a separate part number you can click on to bring up a photo of just the brace with the item descprition too.

It dosn't look at all like the past bar/brace as it has double tubes and a SS connector with the SVT logo cut into it.

Phill Pollard

So did you install it? IF so could you please post a pic for me. If Jay doesn't post conformation on here I will give him a call next week and talk to him. I would really like to go with the KR style brace especially since I already have it. If not I will wait till svt realeases theres for the 2010 which I wonder if they will include on the 2011 with the svt performance package?? I believe are cars should have came with the brace but was simply left off because NVH was more important at the time.

I have not, I don't have my car yet. I have a 2011 ordered. Justin says it fits and that's good enough for me. I plan to install the JLT intake, spacers and strut brace from the FR3 Handling Pack once I get my 2011.

The FRPP 2010 Mustang SVT brace was released nearly 3 months back. Or at least it's been on the FRPP site for about that long.

Go to "new parts" and click on the 3-months new. Look for the 2010 SVT handling pack and you can see it with that kit. There is a separate part number you can click on to bring up a photo of just the brace with the item descprition too.

It dosn't look at all like the past bar/brace as it has double tubes and a SS connector with the SVT logo cut into it.

Phill Pollard

The parts list for 07 thru 09 FR3 pack (FRPP part # M-2007-FR3SVT) and the 2010 FR3 Pack (FRPP part # M-FR3-MSVT) are identical with the exception of the strut brace (FRPP part # M-20201-MSVTC). This strut brace is a different design than the 07 thru 09 strut brace (FRPP part # M-20201-C...which is what's on the KR). I like the looks of the 07 thru 09 brace much better. I'll be putting the 07 thur 09 pack on with the JLT intake and spacers. Just hope the JLT intake and spacers will fit the 2011.

The parts list for 07 thru 09 FR3 pack (FRPP part # M-2007-FR3SVT) and the 2010 FR3 Pack (FRPP part # M-FR3-MSVT) are identical with the exception of the strut brace (FRPP part # M-20201-MSVTC). This strut brace is a different design than the 07 thru 09 strut brace (FRPP part # M-20201-C...which is what's on the KR). I like the looks of the 07 thru 09 brace much better. I'll be putting the 07 thur 09 pack on with the JLT intake and spacers. Just hope the JLT intake and spacers will fit the 2011.

The body from the 2010 and 2011 will be the same so i think it will fit. Had one of Jays paintet strut brace on my 2008 and the same one now on my 2010 and it fit perfect with the spacers. If you have already one at home you can send him to Jay and he will paint it for you with matching stripes. Just give him a call about it and he can answer all your questions.

For the JLT CF Intake i can say only that Jay is working on a new bigger CF intake and i belive that after the 2011 GT500 with new engine is out he will have a new one ready for it too if the 07 - 10 CF intakes will not fit.

Thank you so much, when I was looking on there last week I did not see it and I even called the customer help and the guy told me they haven't released it yet. I found it now so I think I'll probably just go that route. Thanks again for the help it is appreciated.

Thank you so much, when I was looking on there last week I did not see it and I even called the customer help and the guy told me they haven't released it yet. I found it now so I think I'll probably just go that route. Thanks again for the help it is appreciated.

The only way I found it was through the 'new parts' link and even then it was only when I finally looked at the handling pack and noticed it was priced the same as the early version.

I don't know why it's still not on the 2010 list.

Phill

9599svt

Thanks for the interest.

I have seen Justinwoodys post about doint it without issue, but did get a email from a customer who said it was too tight a fit.

so I don't know for sure.

What I do know for sure is our JLT intake will fit along with the stock 2007-09 GT500 strut bar.

These we can paint and stripe to match your car.

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions you have.

Jay

I snagged the photo from the FRPP site so everyone can see what it looks like. It's ugly (compared to the old/KR style) but I'd really like to see one installed.

I'm still wondering what is so different between body styles that keeps the old one from working, even with the resonator delete tube or a aftermarket style tube (unless you use spacers).

Did they raise the engines in the 2010's or something?

Phill

post-26522-12649854466_thumb.jpg

post-26522-12649854466_thumb.jpg

I snagged the photo from the FRPP site so everyone can see what it looks like. It's ugly (compared to the old/KR style) but I'd really like to see one installed.

I'm still wondering what is so different between body styles that keeps the old one from working, even with the resonator delete tube or a aftermarket style tube (unless you use spacers).

Did they raise the engines in the 2010's or something?

Phill

Well I ordered one today from my dealer, but they said it is currently on backorder ( which is alright I guess since I still have over two months till I can drive my car for the first time) but I will post some pics of how it looks when I do get it. I agree it looks ugly in the pics but hopefully it will look better once it is on the car. I really wonder why they are powder coating it grey though. If it doesn't look good I will probably have it painted to match my car. As far as I know the only problem with the braces fitting on a 2010 is the intake tube and resonator. The Kr brace fits fine except for the intake. The resonator eliminator from svt attaches to the duct right after were the resonator was, rather than going all the way to the throttle body. Because of this the KR braces kick leg still makes contact right were that upper clamp is.

9599svt

Thanks for the interest.

I have seen Justinwoodys post about doint it without issue, but did get a email from a customer who said it was too tight a fit.

so I don't know for sure.

What I do know for sure is our JLT intake will fit along with the stock 2007-09 GT500 strut bar.

These we can paint and stripe to match your car.

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions you have.

Jay

Thank you for the reply Jay and for telling about it both ways just so there is no false guarentee. That is good customer service and a quick reply. If the 2010 bar looks to ugly I will definitly go your route with some colored strut caps. Thanks Bill

Archived