TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red Stitching W.T.F.

ati

Red Stitching W.T.F.

I love my Grabber Orange Shelby Convertible, but:

Red Stitching on the steering wheel and shifting boot.

WHAT THE :censored: WERE THEY THINKING???

Am I the only one that this bothers?

Don't get me wrong the red stitching would be very cool on the right color combination, but not Grabber Orange.

O K, So the Questions are:

Do I live with it?

Do I change it?

Is a leather wrapped wheel and shifting boot available with black stitching?

Can the red stitching be dyed black?

Can the red stitching be dyed orange? (WISHFUL THINKING)

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Alan

Red Stitching W.T.F.

Don't get me wrong the red stitching would be very cool on the right color combination, but not Grabber Orange.

Do I live with it?

Do I change it?

Alan

I agree with you completely...I have mentioned this in previous posts. My car is alloy, and I got the crimson inserts..so it's fine on my car. Actually, this is ONE of the reasons I got a color that goes with red. I avoided blue and orange PARTIALLY for this reason.

To answer your questions:

Up to you

Up to you

No

Not sure

Not sure

I'd contact an upholstery shop and let them generate some ideas for you.

Dave

Red Stitching W.T.F.

Do I live with it?

Do I change it?

Alan

:idea: I'll take'em if you replace them.

Red Stitching W.T.F.

Do I live with it?

Do I change it?

Alan

Alan,

If you have Tungston stripes then we have identical colored verts. If you want the truth, I really don't think about the red stitching, but I agree with you that its a bit odd that they decided on red for every color car.

In my opinion, I would and will live with it. Although you can change it, I wouldn't (won't?) because it's OEM. But if you are keen on doing something about, it certainaly can be done, but I suspect that it would be expensive to have the wheel and shifter boot redone and stitched with orange or black thread. I think that the cost effective and practical option would be to black out the stitching. My guess is that you could use a liquid paint pen that can be purchased at most graphic arts supply stores.

In the final analysis, it all comes down to personal choice and how much that personal choice will cost to accomplish. Hell, it dosen't cost to ask a professional interior shop, so see how much it would cost to have it done, then decide.

Hope this helps.

I agree with you completely...I have mentioned this in previous posts. My car is alloy, and I got the crimson inserts..so it's fine on my car. Actually, this is ONE of the reasons I got a color that goes with red. I avoided blue and orange PARTIALLY for this reason.

To answer your questions:

Up to you

Up to you

No

Not sure

Not sure

I'd contact an upholstery shop and let them generate some ideas for you.

Dave

I'm confused...my car has black stitching everywhere. Here are my questions:

A. Is the red stitching on the steering wheel and shift knob normal if you get the red seat inserts?

B. Did you order the red inserts with a grabber orange exterior?

C. Did Ford screw up and give you red stitching when you didn't order red inserts?

If C is the answer, then that's a rare coin you've got. Not sure if a screw up like this translates into something "rare". If not, I'd get it changed.

A. Is the red stitching on the steering wheel and shift knob normal if you get the red seat inserts?

C. Did Ford screw up and give you red stitching when you didn't order red inserts?

If C is the answer, then that's a rare coin you've got. Not sure if a screw up like this translates into something "rare". If not, I'd get it changed.

My GO coupe has the red stitching as well. Doesnt bother me a bit.

If your 500 has all black stitching around the steering wheel and shift lever boot, then you are the one with the rare car. All 500's come with red thread on those parts.

Red stiching is on all steering wheels & shifter boots for the GT500's, if you got the crimson red seats you got additional red stiching on them also. this info was annouced a long, long time ago by Ford/SVT....

If your 500 has all black stitching around the steering wheel and shift lever boot, then you are the one with the rare car. All 500's come with red thread on those parts.

Uh...wasn't the stitching specific to the interior upgrade? Does he have a leather dash and aluminum wheels with a *&%$ing compass on the mirror? If not, he has the std interior.

bj

I had a new shifter boot made with black stitching in much nicer leather than the paper crinkle factory boot. Also had a boot made for the e-brake handle to match. Looks great. They guy can stitch them in GO if you wanted or even duplicate your body stripe in the boot. I really did not like the factory shift boot. Between the red stitich that did not fit with anything else inthe car, the off color leather in a medium grey and its very poor leather quality, it had to go. Just was not fitting for this car.

Have not decided on the steering wheel stitching yet. Likely will dye it black. I don't see it much so I guess it does not bother me so much and the leather quality on the wheel is much better.

You are right. The red stitiching simply is out of place on some color cars and should only have been used in cars with the red inserts.

Archived