TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ORDERED A 2011 TODAY; BUT I HAVE A QUESTION...

03reptile

I'm not a dealer....but let me shed some light on this topic:

1. When you sit down at the dealer and order the car, the salesman or sales manager will enter the order into the computer and be able to print a "Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC)" on the spot for you. To actually get that order submitted, hit the F4 button on the screen. Very, very few people at the dealership have the clearance to hit the submit button, so most of the time the VOC has not actually been submitted to Ford as the customer is still there.

2. After the customer leaves with a VOC, the salesman takes his copy of the VOC to someone at the dealership with the ability to actually submit an order (sales manager, inventory manager, etc.). Hopefully, the order gets re-entered exactly as it was listed on the VOC. A VOC can be 2 pages if there are a lot of optional items ordered for the car, so if only the 1st page was printed, then many items will be missed when re-entering the order with the sales manager.

3. Once the order is submitted (hopefully complete and correct), Ford will electronically generate a "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA)" that will print at the dealership the following day with other Ford communications. The dealership should put a copy of the DORA in the file for your order, and send you a copy of the DORA to review for accuracy. If the dealership input your order wrong, or if Ford read the order wrong, this would be the place to catch it and correct it.

4. Assuming any corrections need to be made, the dealership can alter the order to fix it for re-submission to Ford. Ford will issue another DORA overnight with the phrase "alter-order" at the top to confirm that they've corrected the order on their end. Again, the dealership should put a copy of the altered DORA in the file for your order, and send you a copy of the altered DORA to review for accuracy.

5. If the DORA is correct, then your car will be built correct. Once in a great while Ford may mess up, but not very often (called a mis-build).

Here is my DORA

th_DORA006.jpg

Great info, Grabber! Thanks for sharing....

I've never done business with them before. As long as he sold it to you under MSRP he's being a good friend. I bought my 2010 from Crouse Ford in Taneytown. Nothing like keeping businesote

They are not a big dealer but have a good group of sales and service personnel working there that I can trust. Bought my first 1984 GT from them and have stayed with them ever since. He gave me a good price on my 2007 when he was selling all he could get for more than MSRP. I'm really excited about getting the 2011. Should be an awsome handler with all that weight off the nose, and the already updated suspension which will probably be a carry-over of the 2010. Now just have to sell my 2007, as trade-in a pretty bad.

There is no Vin for the car when the DORA is printed.

Thanks for the clarification. I really wasn't sure about my memeory! I'll probably get my DORA report by the end of next week and will then feel a little better. When I get my VIN assigned, I'll be very happy. Hopefully the car will be here by June. Just have to wait!

I've never done business with them before. As long as he sold it to you under MSRP he's being a good friend. I bought my 2010 from Crouse Ford in Taneytown. Nothing like keeping businesote

They are not a big dealer but have a good group of sales and service personnel working there that I can trust. Bought my first 1984 GT from them and have stayed with them ever since. He gave me a good price on my 2007 when he was selling all he could get for more than MSRP. I'm really excited about getting the 2011. Should be an awsome handler with all that weight off the nose, and the already updated suspension which will probably be a carry-over of the 2010. Now just have to sell my 2007, as trade-in a pretty bad.

I was in your same boat. I had to sell my 2005 GT. I was lucky and my father decided to buy it from me. I would recommend Arena Motor Group to sell your car on consignment. They move a lot of high end cars and are in Carroll County right down the street from me.

http://www.arenamotorgroup.com/

They know how to market the car properly. They'll research the market conditions and give you a realistic price to sell it at. Then place their markup on top of that. It varies per car but they try and get at least $1500 during the sale. You don't pay them anything, even if you pull the car prior to the sale.

a dealer that opted to receive GT500s will be guaranteed at least 1, right? so for instance if MMs dealership hasn't placed an order for 2011 GT500 yet and you're the first person going in there to order, wouldn't the buyer be pretty much guaranteed of getting his built?

according to MM, the GT500 right is a 2 year deal, so your guarnteed a car as a dealer each year.What you dont know as a buyer is if theyve already taken more orders than their allocation will be.In MMs case he sold I think 11 in 2010, so he should be in good shape,as would any high volume Gt500 dealer

ame='03reptile' date='31 January 2010 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1264959134' post='899009']

I was in your same boat. I had to sell my 2005 GT. I was lucky and my father decided to buy it from me. I would recommend Arena Motor Group to sell your car on consignment. They move a lot of high end cars and are in Carroll County right down the street from me.

http://www.arenamotorgroup.com/

They know how to market the car properly. They'll research the market conditions and give you a realistic price to sell it at. Then place their markup on top of that. It varies per car but they try and get at least $1500 during the sale. You don't pay them anything, even if you pull the car prior to the sale.

bpmurr:

Thanks for the heads up on selling my car. I will give them a call and see what they say. Have a few personal friends who may be interested because they know what a fanatic I am about the car. Hope they come through. If not, and your lead doesn't pan out, I'll advertise and see what happens. Just for giggles I may take it to Carmax to see what they'll give me, once this damn snow goes away!!

guys the key word here is allocations.

ford said we get 3 for 2010, next then i knew ford rep said "your done with ordering your 500 right?"

im thinking right off the bat HUH? 500 as in one? and he said "yes, your store only gets one this year."

so i tell the rep your :censored: kidding right? my store sells you guys 5 KR's and we only get 1 2010?

lets just say i blew a head gasket. but later i felt 100% dumb. it is, what it is right. but about a month/ month 1/2

later we get the call saying we get 2 more so order this week if you want em. :baby: (yes i was a baby about it, lol)

we have 4 stores so all allocations can be used by one. which each store for sure gets 1 but my store get 3.

Ford sent us (all stores) 6 2008 KR's / 5 2009 KR's total

MM:

Im with you sir. still waiting for the allocations. ive been checking for the past

2 weeks. last i was told we might not hear anything until April.

:drool:

I agree. The DORA, if memeory serves correctly, has the VIN. If thats assigned, then the car is a go. I know that once a VIN is assigned your car will be scheduled for build. Just have to wait now for the allocation confirmation and then the VIN assignment. Once that comes to pass, I will be in the wait mode. AAHH!!! Now back to the waiting game!

*DISCLAIMER*

I inadvertantly clicked the little box with the green plus sign and red minus sign to show a red -1. I have no idea what it actually means but I want to make it perfectly clear that in no way am I disagreeing with the post.

TGT500

One thing to note about DORA's: they do not mean that Ford has agreed to build the unit. As the name implies, it simply means that Ford has received the order. As stated earlier, with no allocation, the car will not be produced.

We signed up for the 2010/2011 program and will receive only 1 each year (same as in 2007 and 2008; we skipped the 2009 model year). Interest in the 2011 model has easily outpaced that of the 2010 model. Dealers who did not sign up for the 2010/2011 program are already asking to purchase our 2011 allocation.

Archived