TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cabin Filter !

19again

Took my cowl vent cover off{right side} and found the cabin air filter and a almost plugged cowl drain. The job wasn't very hard except to take the plastic cover off. Bought my filter from a local parts store for$25. I did call Ford parts and there price list was the same. Also the filter was dirty but not too bad. I 've been told 05 Mustangs and up have this filter.06MustangCabinFilter 003.JPG

06MustangCabinFilter 003.JPG

I think they say that your suppose to change them once a year...............Hmmmmmm.........I haven't changed mine yet!

Took my cowl vent cover off{right side} and found the cabin air filter and a almost plugged cowl drain. The job wasn't very hard except to take the plastic cover off. Bought my filter from a local parts store for$25. I did call Ford parts and there price list was the same. Also the filter was dirty but not too bad. I 've been told 05 Mustangs and up have this filter.post-25404-126479508052_thumb.jpg

I paid $5 bucks for mine from this out fit.

http://www.logical-s...STANG-7567.html

I have not changed mine out yet either, any instructions on how to take the cover off? i don't want to pull on something and break it.

Thanks.

Here is some instructions and PDF files on it. Read post #1 in this thread:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37235-changing-your-air-cabin-filter/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

Took my cowl vent cover off{right side} and found the cabin air filter and a almost plugged cowl drain. The job wasn't very hard except to take the plastic cover off. Bought my filter from a local parts store for$25. I did call Ford parts and there price list was the same. Also the filter was dirty but not too bad. I 've been told 05 Mustangs and up have this filter.06MustangCabinFilter 003.JPG

One more thing I should have done and thats run water down that drain. The old filter had 22000 miles and like I said it wasn't that dirty.And thanks to all for the help!

Archived