TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now this is really interesting

MMcGuirk

I read an article this morning about employers using a person's Facebook and MySpace content as reasons not to hire or to fire people.

A while back, I changed my Facebook settings to not allow Google access.

As a test, I googled my name this morning and my Team Shelby birthday greeting post came up!

The question - Why? Can we not restrict this?

We pay to belong to this club and I consider my contributions and comments to be private and intended for other site members only.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Michael

Michael,

That is scary. I do not and never have participated in any of these modern sites. Now that is primarly because I am old and have no use for them but I remember one case I tried where we prevailed because of material we harvested from these sites. I just fear there is no real way to protect yourself.

Jim

People Not being Hired or even being Fired because of what they do or say in their Face Book Site and also Twitter and even My Space, has been happening for a couple of years now. The old saying comes to mind...."If you do not want ANYONE to know about it, Don't tell anyone, Dont Write It Down, and by all means, keep it off the Net. If you put it on the net, it is there FOREVER. A lot of Companies are now, not only checking out what you put on a Résumé but also doing Google Searches and Face Book Searches before Hiring anyone. I do not blame them for doing that. Also, Companies are passing on People with vissible Tattoos and Face Piercings too.

i never googled my name before, 1st off I thought I was cleared because my name is the same as someone that plays Hockey or an excutive for a nhl team

but after looking through a couple of page, my facebook account showed, I thought I changed it wouldnt do that,

i never googled my name before, 1st off I thought I was cleared because my name is the same as someone that plays Hockey or an excutive for a nhl team

but after looking through a couple of page, my facebook account showed, I thought I changed it wouldnt do that,

The Internet also works off of History. That is why they say, once you put it on the Net, it is there for ever. That is why I use "tesgt350" for 99% of what I do on the Net.

Or jet don't say anything you would ever regret. Opinions on the forum carry heavy weight because it communicates in what should be a more considered remark. Talking comments can always be defended as not well thought out due to spontaneous response.

I don't think I regret any of my comments here...I do mainly discuss Shelby stuff.

Work for yourself and you don't have to worry about it! LOL

And if it isn't bad enough, we look at these pages before we call for interviews. Before they know we are interested and block or hide something If there is something on there that needs explaining the applicant is given a chance, if they are willing to admit to it. Reasonable explanation--no problem; denial-not an honest applicant finger.gif

Archived