TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mention of Shelby Autos on DORA

czechmate

I'm not sure if this topic has been breached yet or not, but I could not find any mention of it. I just received the latest copy of my DORA sheet from my dealer (after yet another color change since March 2006), and in the "Ship to Dealer" section it says Shelby Automobiles, Inc. Las Vegas, NV. I may have been off of the planet for a while, but I was not aware that The Plant was handling anything related to the 500's.

Does anyone else have any information related to this question?

I do have a copy of the DORA that the dealer mailed to me, and I am including a scan of it. I do not have a complete VIN at this time, and I did not order the 40th package.

And yes the initial order was March of 2006 and the wait is killing me. :censored:

that dora looks different then mine, but it does show to be shipped to SAI :headscratch: where are you buying it from?

I do have a copy of the DORA that the dealer mailed to me, and I am including a scan of it. I do not have a complete VIN at this time, and I did not order the 40th package.

And yes the initial order was March of 2006 and the wait is killing me. :censored:

Well that is really unusual...I have no explanation for it. You can try pm'ing FiveOhB or BudFord or that other guy (I never can remember the other dealer...is it cgoeshel?)....they all work at dealerships and may know more.

GOod luck, and keep us posted.

Dave

Well, I spoke with John at Shelby Autos and he said no that does not mean they have anything to do with my car. It only meant that Carroll has a stake in the design/input into the car. I'm still not sure why it was never mentioned on my other DORA's, but I guess there is nothing to get excited about. :cry:

• 2 months later...

OK, I am getting somewhat closer to the end of this saga, but unfortunately my car is getting further away from me. I found out this week that it was built last week and completed on the 16th. It hit the rail on the 20th..."Yea!!" right? No, no "Yea". My car is on the train but it is not headed to Texas, it is headed to Las Vegas (and no I am not purchasing the 40th pkg at this time)! I spoke with John again at Shlby Autos and he is looking into why this happened (just a fluke).

Apparently with the GT500 my dealer/Ford Rep can "check the box" to send to Las Vegas even though this should be reserved for Shelby GT's only. Not sure what is going to happen.

Amy are you out there? Do you have a quick solution??

Maybe I should just buy a Saturn. :banghead::censored::censored:

OK, I am getting somewhat closer to the end of this saga, but unfortunately my car is getting further away from me. I found out this week that it was built last week and completed on the 16th. It hit the rail on the 20th..."Yea!!" right? No, no "Yea". My car is on the train but it is not headed to Texas, it is headed to Las Vegas (and no I am not purchasing the 40th pkg at this time)! I spoke with John again at Shlby Autos and he is looking into why this happened (just a fluke).

Apparently with the GT500 my dealer/Ford Rep can "check the box" to send to Las Vegas even though this should be reserved for Shelby GT's only. Not sure what is going to happen.

I think they owe you a free 40th anniversay package for the mistake! Or maybe Ford, or the dealership, has drawn your name out of a hat and have choosen to give you the 40th as a surprise! No longer a surprise, you were not supposed to read the DORA!!!

The package would be just fine with me! I'm trying to be calm, but Holy Cow!! I think my wife is a little afraid of me right now.

My GT 500 is also on the train going to Shelby in Vegas, however I planned it that way. I requested my dealer to have it drop shipped directly to Shelby as I have the 40th package ordered. Steve and John at Shelby do not want the GT500's shipped directly to them because all their space is taken up by the GT program and there is no storage space, but I got this done before I knew that. :shrug::shrug: I was at Shelby about a month ago and they are packed to the gills with GT's waiting to be converted. One of the delays I had getting my car shipped last week was the "Ramp" had 5 railcars ready to go to Shelby but Shelby could not accept them cause they had no room. I have no idea how long it is going to take to get my car thru the system once Shelby gets it. I should here from Steve tomorrow as he was off today.

Hate to even suggest it....

But, do you think the dealer could be pulling a fast one here?

Don't know what it would be. I'll bet whoever does the ordering at the dealer just screwed up thinking they were doing a GT and just clicked on Shelby for delivery. After all, Shelby is a deliver point in the system and the latest hype is the GT program. Darn, I was thinking I would be the only one with Shelby as a delivery point on the paperwork of a GT 500. I have my window sticker and it list Shelby of Las Vegas as the delivery point.

Don't know what it would be. I'll bet whoever does the ordering at the dealer just screwed up thinking they were doing a GT and just clicked on Shelby for delivery. After all, Shelby is a deliver point in the system and the latest hype is the GT program. Darn, I was thinking I would be the only one with Shelby as a delivery point on the paperwork of a GT 500. I have my window sticker and it list Shelby of Las Vegas as the delivery point.

I agree, sounds like a simple mistake, but it sure is interesting anyway! Hopefully, czechmate, you will get your car soon!

Welcome to the boards, by the way!

~Chris

that dora looks different then mine, but it does show to be shipped to SAI :headscratch: where are you buying it from?

Hey

Has GT500E had this DORA in his Photoshop? He's good at this stuff.

So you knew back in January that something wasn't right...but you didn't attempt to fix it? :headscratch:

Archived