TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My second car

66DNA

Thought I'd post a few photos of my "second car" (Just arrived, so I'm a little giddy! please don't mind me! :happy feet: )

DSC00813-1.jpg

DSC00810-1.jpg

DSC00802-1.jpg

DSC00806-1.jpg

I've only ever seen 2 2000 Cobra R's in my life, one was at a local car hang out, while checking it out some friends into Vettes were asking "what's up with the spoiler" My reply "It was built for the track, it's ready to race". The size of the intake always impressed me even after seeing it before, also the radio delete and rear seat delete were awesome, race cars don't have radios!!!.

awesome! it looks clean whats the mileage on her?

Thanks everyone!

Miles = 3,165 (original)

no radio, no back seat, no heat/ac, no sound deadener - - but goes FAST! :shift:

Beautiful car, how does it compare in 'going fast' against your 2010?

Respectfully,

Rod = Burnaby Heights

Thanks everyone!

Miles = 3,165 (original)

no radio, no back seat, no heat/ac, no sound deadener - - but goes FAST! shift.gif

Beautiful car, how does it compare in 'going fast' against your 2010?

Respectfully,

Rod = Burnaby Heights

Allow me to reply to one, but attempt to answer all of your great questions!

I've only had the car home for 24 hours! It is raining up here in British Columbia (of course!) so I cannot offer too much (yet!). I have driven the car around 100 miles. Across the border and straight to my local (Burnaby, BC) SVT FORD Dealer (to have some things done, have the car inspected / registered, then insured.

It is a BEAST. Raw naturally aspirated power! Loud as hell too! Love it. (the neighbors may not! LOL). Very different from behind the wheel of the 2010 Shelby GT500 vert. The Cobra truly handles like it was designed to be - a track car. Tight, rigid, but not squirly. Interesting comparisons: both cars are a 5.4L - both 6-speeds. The comparisons may stop there. I'll let ya know in a month!

Rod, you say "Burnaby Heights." We have a Burnaby Heights here in the Vancouver, BC metro area! You say you are from Texas? Is there a Burnaby Heights in Midland?

Affirmative, I was born in Burnaby, British Columbia and family had a house on Triumph Street. Raised here in the States, lots of family here too.

Do you have any problems with AirCare? When I was up there last, I had an 1988 LX 5.0 and those people where a real pain in the arse when it came to inspections and emissions testing...Rod

Allow me to reply to one, but attempt to answer all of your great questions!

I've only had the car home for 24 hours! It is raining up here in British Columbia (of course!) so I cannot offer too much (yet!). I have driven the car around 100 miles. Across the border and straight to my local (Burnaby, BC) SVT FORD Dealer (to have some things done, have the car inspected / registered, then insured.

It is a BEAST. Raw naturally aspirated power! Loud as hell too! Love it. (the neighbors may not! LOL). Very different from behind the wheel of the 2010 Shelby GT500 vert. The Cobra truly handles like it was designed to be - a track car. Tight, rigid, but not squirly. Interesting comparisons: both cars are a 5.4L - both 6-speeds. The comparisons may stop there. I'll let ya know in a month!

Rod, you say "Burnaby Heights." We have a Burnaby Heights here in the Vancouver, BC metro area! You say you are from Texas? Is there a Burnaby Heights in Midland?

Affirmative, I was born in Burnaby, British Columbia and family had a house on Triumph Street. Raised here in the States, lots of family here too. Went to BCIT and earned my 1st petroleum degree after working in the mining business during the 1990's in BC & Yukon. The company that I work for owns Vancouver Wharves, the Transmountain Pipeline and huge world class Permian Basin oil fields. West Texas is the center of the universe with regards to using carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, for injecting into mature oil fields which increases oil production.

Do you have any problems with AirCare? When I was up there last, I had an 1988 LX 5.0 and those people where a real pain in the arse when it came to inspections and emissions testing...Rod

I am exempt from Air Care for one year - - then I have to hope that BC's Air Care shuts down!.....which is the current rumour!

I'm curious what's the market like for the 2000 Cobra R's? Limited production 300 produced...$30K plus?

www.legendarymotorcar.com had one listed at $48k

Barrett-Jackson (Las Vegas) sold two: $60k for the #2 car (tracked to death, but a FORD marketing car) and I think the second one (with under 1,000 miles) went for mid $50's? Can't remember.

www.legendarymotorcar.com had one listed at $48k

Barrett-Jackson (Las Vegas) sold two: $60k for the #2 car (tracked to death, but a FORD marketing car) and I think the second one (with under 1,000 miles) went for mid $50's? Can't remember.

AHhhh, but what did YOU pay for yours? That the question that everybody wanted to ask but no one would? hahaha

I don't expect he's gonna tell us guys. lol

AHhhh, but what did YOU pay for yours? That the question that everybody wanted to ask but no one would? hahaha

I don't expect he's gonna tell us guys. lol

I never tell what I pay for my toys! Or how much money I lose when I sell one! :banghead:

:hearseespeak:

Congrats on the new toy looks really nice, I have been toying with the idea buying one still have a spot open since selling my other car/toy. Wouldnt mind a few more miles on it I couldnt let it just sit if I bought one.

I plan to drive mine! I'll go easy - and I'll have the low miles in the back of my mind (no doubt), but I'm going to drive the beast!

svtperformance.com has a forum specific to Cobra R cars. Great group of guys. They all seem to know which R's are for sale, where, how much and condition!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cobra-rs-25/

[not trying to promote another site - just trying to be helpful]

Archived