TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weekend Road Trip in 07H279

Just getting ready to get a couple hours sleep in before I get up and fly to Florida to pick up 07H279. I will be driving it back to Minnesota over the next 3-4 days. Hope the weather cooperates!! I'll keep you all updated!!

I Hope you are going to spend a week or two in FLA while the snow melts from the upcoming winter storm - Good luck

I actually looked at #412 when it was for sale at Thiel Motors in Iowa. I already bought #279, Just need to pick it up in a few hours. Thanks for the info though!!

Congratulations! That first trip home will always be one you'll remember.

sutton92

congrats!! did you happen to purchase the car from vantage in orlando?

i'm in casselberry, fl... orlando area. if you're in town for the weekend and would like to meet up

pm me. weather permitting there's a cruise-in tonight and another one tomorrow at a local hooters.

good luck

I actually looked at #412 when it was for sale at Thiel Motors in Iowa. I already bought #279, Just need to pick it up in a few hours. Thanks for the info though!!

Sure hope you got north of this storm before it hit. If not, it will definitley be a trip to remember and probably not in a good way! Craig

congrats!! did you happen to purchase the car from vantage in orlando?

i'm in casselberry, fl... orlando area. if you're in town for the weekend and would like to meet up

pm me. weather permitting there's a cruise-in tonight and another one tomorrow at a local hooters.

good luck

It was from Vantage. It was one of his last 2. He sold the other one on thursday at the Mecum auction. I left town early friday morning and stopped in northern Florida. I would have loved to meet up but time did not allow.

I went through after the storm. The worst part was around Nashville. The roads were full of snow and ice. I am use to bad roads but it was very scary with the Shelby. At one point I was plowing snow with the bottom of the car. I made it back to Minnesota so I now need to clean her up and put her to sleep for a few months.

• 1 month later...

So it has been killing me that I bought this car 2 months ago and have not been able to drive it since. Then to top it off, my dad purchased a 2007 Mustang GT with less than 12,000 miles last week. I of course got to drive his car and that was a bad, bad thing. The weather was nice over this last weekend. The temp was in the 40's so we had to get the cars out and go for a spin. We traveled along the Mississipps River. Got a couple decent pics. Saw a couple bald eagles.

Now she has been cleaned up and put back to bed until the the roads clear up a little more.

post-26340-126828202652_thumb.jpg

post-26340-126828208182_thumb.jpg

post-26340-126828202652_thumb.jpg

post-26340-126828208182_thumb.jpg

Just getting ready to get a couple hours sleep in before I get up and fly to Florida to pick up 07H279. I will be driving it back to Minnesota over the next 3-4 days. Hope the weather cooperates!! I'll keep you all updated!!

You are going to be having a fun trip. I drove by 2006 GTH all the way from LasVegas to Florida, 37 driving hours, and was one of those fun things in life. It looks like you may be able to squeeze through the bad weather. I had a cold and snowy front chasing me, and when I exited at Flagstaff AZ to get gas, I found out really quick that GTHs are not made for icy roads. I had to back out of a ice covered gas station because to go forward was slightly uphill and the car would just spin. The guys in the four wheel drive pickups had a good laugh,

Archived