TEAM SHELBY FORUM

High Performance Cooling System

I think it wil be the same as the Shelby cooling package you can order now through SPP. The heat exchanger has the two Spal fans at the back. The radiator is the C&R that they use in Nascar too. I ordered these. Look here and tell me what you think of that.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47649-dutchies-pit-stop/page__st__20

This is one of the options on the Gt 350. Who is going to get it and why? I'm unfamiliar with it, so I'm looking for help.

The Shelby Performance Cooling package exists for the S/GT's, SG/SC's, GT500's and GT500 Super Snakes. For these cars it consists of a High Capacity Proprietary Radiator Core design and a High Capacity Dual Pass/Dual Puller Fan Proprietary Core Heat Exchanger. These other kits also consist of reservoirs for additional capacity and increased flow.

The kit is designed to keep the engine at an optimal temperature which helps to reduce overall engine oil operating temperature which in turn helps to increase engine longevity.

As I tell most people who inquire about the cooling systems on the other Shelby vehicles it's similar to a one-time purchase of an insurance policy to prevent potential engine damage or failure to the engine plant.

Also, it is very helpful in maintaining the power in the car over extended runs and track time because the engine temperatures remain within a manageable range.

Van

The cooling package for the Shelby GT350 is in development. Some parts are easily interchangeable with the 05-10 platform other are not. C&R will be developing a specific intercooler package along with tank reservoirs for the 5.0 and Shelby GT350 specific front fascia at the end of February.

Roger

The Shelby Performance Cooling package exists for the S/GT's, SG/SC's, GT500's and GT500 Super Snakes. For these cars it consists of a High Capacity Proprietary Radiator Core design and a High Capacity Dual Pass/Dual Puller Fan Proprietary Core Heat Exchanger. These other kits also consist of reservoirs for additional capacity and increased flow.

The kit is designed to keep the engine at an optimal temperature which helps to reduce overall engine oil operating temperature which in turn helps to increase engine longevity.

As I tell most people who inquire about the cooling systems on the other Shelby vehicles it's similar to a one-time purchase of an insurance policy to prevent potential engine damage or failure to the engine plant.

Also, it is very helpful in maintaining the power in the car over extended runs and track time because the engine temperatures remain within a manageable range.

Van

Van,

Thank you for the info. I'm curious to get your feedback. As I can estimate at this point, I would likely not be tracking my GT500. That said, I understand the issue of keeping temps down via cooling as it relates to engine longevity.

My goals, currently, would be to use the car as a daily driver putting about 15K miles/year on it, not track it and would like to keep it and drive it for 10 years (at least).

Would the stock cooling set up serve me well in that scenario, or should I go with the Shelby cooling solution you describe? Would it be overkill for my situation?

Thanks,

-Pockdog

Van,

Thank you for the info. I'm curious to get your feedback. As I can estimate at this point, I would likely not be tracking my GT500. That said, I understand the issue of keeping temps down via cooling as it relates to engine longevity.

My goals, currently, would be to use the car as a daily driver putting about 15K miles/year on it, not track it and would like to keep it and drive it for 10 years (at least).

Would the stock cooling set up serve me well in that scenario, or should I go with the Shelby cooling solution you describe? Would it be overkill for my situation?

Thanks,

-Pockdog

I think your best objective would be to focus on the heat exchanger and the reservoirs for the total cooling system. I'm not familiar with with where you live. If you are in Southern California I think the radiator is again like "purchasing insurance". It just helps to keep overall temperatures down and provides for increased efficiency in the cooling system. I know guys that have gotten into stop and go traffic for 3 hours on the highway and nearly overheated with a stock radiator.

There's also a value factor IMO when you go to resell the vehicle when it has official Shelby Licensed products like the Shelby Performance Cooling Package.

If you have to take a minimalist approach: Do the heat exchanger at a minimum.

Van

The cooling package for the Shelby GT350 is in development. Some parts are easily interchangeable with the 05-10 platform other are not. C&R will be developing a specific intercooler package along with tank reservoirs for the 5.0 and Shelby GT350 specific front fascia at the end of February.

Roger

:salute:

:woohoo:

:rockon:

Archived