TEAM SHELBY FORUM

alarm added

travis5049

If your thinking about adding a aftermarket alarm then let me tell you what an installer here in town did for me. I called Bluebonnet Ford last week inquiring about just adding an external perimeter module to my existing Shelby/Mustang alarm. One that would work with the Top down on my Vert. He gave me the number to Gear Stop a company that does all the contract work for the dealership as far as alarms, tinting, and upgrade to stereos. The guys name there was Randy, been in the business 20+ years. I told him I was interested in a 2 way fob a shock sensor and a perimeter alarm that would work with the top down. Here's what they did, Viper 350r module with 2way comunication fob, added perimeter module that covers the outside and inside of the car even with the top down. Shock senor just in case the perimeter fails. Hood sensor, and...........here's the cool part. He left the factory alarm in place and has it controled by the viper so the tilt sensor also is still in place and functioning. The viper enables and disables the Ford alarm.

459.00 out the door

Tested everything, for the money its the way to go!

Best alarm I ever had with a vert was about a 65 lb Irish Setter. She went with me everywhere and loved riding with the top down. Park it on a busy street and leave the keys in it, no problem.......of course that wasn't a GT 500......

Thanks for the info!

Best alarm I ever had with a vert was about a 65 lb Irish Setter. She went with me everywhere and loved riding with the top down. Park it on a busy street and leave the keys in it, no problem.......of course that wasn't a GT 500......

Thanks for the info!

Irish setters, beautiful dogs.one of the few that I'd probably let get in my car.

If your thinking about adding a aftermarket alarm then let me tell you what an installer here in town did for me. I called Bluebonnet Ford last week inquiring about just adding an external perimeter module to my existing Shelby/Mustang alarm. One that would work with the Top down on my Vert. He gave me the number to Gear Stop a company that does all the contract work for the dealership as far as alarms, tinting, and upgrade to stereos. The guys name there was Randy, been in the business 20+ years. I told him I was interested in a 2 way fob a shock sensor and a perimeter alarm that would work with the top down. Here's what they did, Viper 350r module with 2way comunication fob, added perimeter module that covers the outside and inside of the car even with the top down. Shock senor just in case the perimeter fails. Hood sensor, and...........here's the cool part. He left the factory alarm in place and has it controled by the viper so the tilt sensor also is still in place and functioning. The viper enables and disables the Ford alarm.

459.00 out the door

Tested everything, for the money its the way to go!

Is Gear Stop in Austin? And could you PM Randy's number. That's what I've been looking for since I bought the car...well that, and a module for a remote start, but am told no one makes one for the standard...but he might know different.

thx

-sam

That is pretty interesting that the viper alarm is compatible with the stock alarm.

Here is a module for a manual transmission that will fit any "remote start" kit.

http://www.thenerds.net/DIRECTED_ELECTRONICS.Neutral_Safety_Module_For_Manual_Transmission_Vehicles.689M.html?affid=1&srccode=cii_9324560&cpncode=25-28482637-2&affid=3

Is Gear Stop in Austin? And could you PM Randy's number. That's what I've been looking for since I bought the car...well that, and a module for a remote start, but am told no one makes one for the standard...but he might know different.

thx

-sam

There in New Braunfels..........the remote start was more than I wanted to spend. There's also an app that you can put on a blackberry or an I-phone to make the phone work as your FOB

Thx...I may have to drive over and get the new alarm and remote start put in.

-sam

p.s. yes, after your post I noticed (read: wasn't notified) that my whooping 30 messages had been reached, and instead of the site sending me a notice and telling ME that I had reached my limit, they told you...simply brilliant...Shutup.gif

Archived