TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Missing KR Floor Mats...

oldlugs

Hey folks, I've been battling with my Ford dealer (Power Ford, Valencia, CA) about getting me the correct floor mats that were missing from my '09 KR when I bought it... Seems Shelby wanted to see the original bill of lading, and made my dealership jump through hoops to get a copy of it from some shipping company. Now four months later, and having spoken with someone (Annie Brown?) at Shelby, that bill of lading says that the car had definitely left them with the mats... I don't know if those mats were swiped by the shipper, some one at a truck rest stop, a lot boy at the dealership, or whomever... But I still want my correct KR floor mats (and missing KR manual supplement..).

Anyway, did anyone else buy their KR without the correct mats, and have success in getting some, without resorting to the original mat thieves selling them on eBay..?

Please tell how you got them; my dealership isn't helping at all. So far, I've spoken with Ford customer Service, and they referred me to SVT. I've contacted SVT at least 3 times now, just to document my dilemma. They finally referred me to a "Team Shelby" phone number, where I was told that all my dealer can get for me is the "supplemental KR mats", and not the correct original ones. This is CRAPPP (and I needed to rant here...).

Thanks for help that anyone can provide.

Duane 09KR0508

Hey folks, I've been battling with my Ford dealer (Power Ford, Valencia, CA) about getting me the correct floor mats that were missing from my '09 KR when I bought it... Seems Shelby wanted to see the original bill of lading, and made my dealership jump through hoops to get a copy of it from some shipping company. Now four months later, and having spoken with someone (Annie Brown?) at Shelby, that bill of lading says that the car had definitely left them with the mats... I don't know if those mats were swiped by the shipper, some one at a truck rest stop, a lot boy at the dealership, or whomever... But I still want my correct KR floor mats (and missing KR manual supplement..).

Anyway, did anyone else buy their KR without the correct mats, and have success in getting some, without resorting to the original mat thieves selling them on eBay..?

Please tell how you got them; my dealership isn't helping at all. So far, I've spoken with Ford customer Service, and they referred me to SVT. I've contacted SVT at least 3 times now, just to document my dilemma. They finally referred me to a "Team Shelby" phone number, where I was told that all my dealer can get for me is the "supplemental KR mats", and not the correct original ones. This is CRAPPP (and I needed to rant here...).

Thanks for help that anyone can provide.

Duane 09KR0508

I did not have the problem but the look just like the ones that come with the 08 Shelby GT. I have the set that came with my KR and a set out of a 08 Shelby GT. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. I tried to get my SVT cert. form the dealer but had no luck.

hes got a KR....

Yes, I do have a KR, but apparently Shelby won't release any to me or my Ford dealer without trading in thrashed ones. Really a load of nonsense... They're floormats, not the dash or engine bay plaque, or KR wheels or a hood. ...Floormats. The dealership is telling Shelby that they received the car without 'em, Shelby says they were shipped with the car, customer gets the crap end; sadly, it's me.

Are the SGT and KR mats exactly the same, or...? I see those from an SGT on eBay...

Thanks, guys.

Yes, I do have a KR, but apparently Shelby won't release any to me or my Ford dealer without trading in thrashed ones. Really a load of nonsense... They're floormats, not the dash or engine bay plaque, or KR wheels or a hood. ...Floormats. The dealership is telling Shelby that they received the car without 'em, Shelby says they were shipped with the car, customer gets the crap end; sadly, it's me.

Are the SGT and KR mats exactly the same, or...? I see those from an SGT on eBay...

Thanks, guys.

Send Amy or Roger an email. I think you'll get the support you deserve.

amyb@shelbyamerican.com

rogers@shelbyamerican.com

The 2007-2008 Shelby GT and 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR floor mats are the same.

Contrary to what you have been told, these floor mats are available from ShelbyStore.com and you don't have to trade in your old ones. Your GT500KR must be in the registry to get a set and you have to call us to get them.....you can't buy them online.

Just call Wendy at 702.405.3500 and she will hook you up ;)

You can view them here:

http://www.shelbystore.com/category-s/40.htm

The dealership is telling Shelby that they received the car without 'em, Shelby says they were shipped with the car, customer gets the crap end; sadly, it's me.

My suggestion to you is to buy a set of KR floormats, at ANY price and sue the dealer in small claims court.

You WILL win, no doubt about that.

It doesn't matter who took them, at what point in time. The dealership is the party that sold you the car without the mats.

I has a similar situation with a "world renowned motorcycle builder" out of the San Francisco Bay Area. I had him served on Thursday afternoon and I had a check IN HAND the next mourning at 8 a.m. via UPS Red.

He paid me for my actuall loss AND associated fees to file/serve.

You don't have to settle for e-bay mats, get a brand spankin' new set from SPP/SAI, no matter the cost. I'm tellin' you, you WILL win (I got my advice from a Atty. and he was RIGHT).

HTH,

Phill Pollard

My suggestion to you is to buy a set of KR floormats, at ANY price and sue the dealer in small claims court.

You WILL win, no doubt about that.

It doesn't matter who took them, at what point in time. The dealership is the party that sold you the car without the mats.

I has a similar situation with a "world renowned motorcycle builder" out of the San Francisco Bay Area. I had him served on Thursday afternoon and I had a check IN HAND the next mourning at 8 a.m. via UPS Red.

He paid me for my actuall loss AND associated fees to file/serve.

You don't have to settle for e-bay mats, get a brand spankin' new set from SPP/SAI, no matter the cost. I'm tellin' you, you WILL win (I got my advice from a Atty. and he was RIGHT).

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Arlen Ness?

...Just call Wendy at 702.405.3500 and she will hook you up ;)

You can view them here:

http://www.shelbystore.com/category-s/40.htm

Robert, thank you for your help and support! Also want to shout out a thanks to Roger Sorel who has helped me through emails!

And, I want to thank everyone else here for your help and input; it finally looks like I'll have all the items that were missing from my KR when I picked it up. I've no idea why my Ford dealer had such a hard time getting those mats for me, but the nice folks at Shelby seem happy to help. My factory mats have now been ordered, and the Ford dealer agrees to pay the bill. I'm a happy boy. :)

Duane

Archived