TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tree hugging Prius Owner calls cops on me for going too fast on the road

NICK82

Ok, just noticed something here in this thread. It seems the majority of pissy Prius owners who are free willing to tell you how they feel, live in California. Is that a trend ?

Never had any experience with a Prius owner here in the N.E.

Ok, just noticed something here in this thread. It seems the majority of pissy Prius owners who are free willing to tell you how they feel, live in California. Is that a trend ?

Never had any experience with a Prius owner here in the N.E.

Sigh! I was hoping no one would notice that. 'Tis true, I confess. Most of them are here . . . .

Jim

We have two pariahs in our fleet at work. I have had to drive one on a few occasions; it was a very embarrassing experience. I was just hopping none of my friends would see me. hysterical.gif

Hey Glen just get yourself an Al Gore mask then no one will notice you as you will blend in! hysterical.gif

Thanksgiving day, while getting gas in my SS, I had a guy in a Honda Hybrid tell me "why don't you drive something that helps save our environment". My very fast response was " why don't you drive something that helps save the US economy". He tried to reply but his wife/girlfriend told him to shut up. It was perfect.

Wow...

Everybody wants to tell everybody what to do...

your reply was way kinder than what my reaction would have been, hopefully in that situation, I would have just smiled and kept my reaction to myself...I did like your response though!!!

Cheers!

We have two pariahs in our fleet at work. I have had to drive one on a few occasions; it was a very embarrassing experience. I was just hopping none of my friends would see me. :hysterical:

But the many miles you put in your Shelby makes up it.

Things that hybrid owners don't think of.

There is WAY more to consider then MPG on impact to the environment and natural resources

:soapbox:

2. How much energy, and natural resources, does it take to make a hybrid? (Energy consumes natural resources)
  3. When the batteries need to be replaced (they DO have a life span), how much energy and natural resources does it take to replace them?
  4. When the batteries need to be replaced, what is the effect on the environment? (They are toxic waste. Don't want that contaminated metal, or sulfuric acid dumped just anywhere).
  5. How long does it take for the batteries to break completely down to organic material? (Or is it like plastic and the answer is NEVER)
  6. From birth to death, and complete decomposition what is the side-by-side comparison on the environment, energy consumption and natural resources of a hybrid vs an internal combustion-type vehicle?

Anybody ever seen that info? I could have missed it, but not me. I wonder why... :headscratch:

IMHO the information is available and compiled SOMEWHERE and if it showed that a hybrid blows an IC engine away from birth to full decomposition it would be all over the media. :busted:

On the flip side, what if we find out that Hybrids have a noticably BIGGER impact on the environment, should we scold, ridicule and keep people from owning them? IMHO - of course not. Freedom to choose and from ridicule for all! :salute:

New bumper sticker:

Shelby, The AntiPrius

Now that is a good one. And, it fits with Mr. Shelby's statement about leaving the electric and other cars to people who are interested in them.

Jim

I suspect that one reason that Prius owners are bitter, angry, pompous A-HOLE'S because they all got RAPED by Toyota for their cars. $38 to $43K for those POS? Come on.

And the owners are lucky that Toyota warranties the battery packs for 100,000 miles because the packs sell for $6,000.00 a pop when they fail.

They drive like A-HOLE'S too because if they stay below 25 M.P.H., they stay on the batteries and off the engine, and that's when they get the top mileage numbers that Toyota advertises. If you go to a Prius owners website, owners teach other owners how to keep in the car in the battery mode for as long as possible in order to achieve the best fuel mileage.

The're just a bunch or short sighted tree hugging sheep IMO.

In my oppinion MPG is directly related to the amount of fun you want to have.

12-14 MPG --------- You're having a little bit fun just because you're driving a Shelby.

10-11 MPG --------- Now it's starting to get a little better.

8-9 MPG ------------ Hang on baby! You're almost there........

6-7 MPG ------------ It don't get no better than this! Ths is where I like to be most of the time.

Next time a Prius owner asks how many MPG's I'm getting, I'll explain this chart to them and tell

them "Just because you asked "I'm going to drive in the, It don't get no better than this" range for

the rest of the day!

In my oppinion MPG is directly related to the amount of fun you want to have.

12-14 MPG --------- You're having a little bit fun just because you're driving a Shelby.

10-11 MPG --------- Now it's starting to get a little better.

8-9 MPG ------------ Hang on baby! You're almost there........

6-7 MPG ------------ It don't get no better than this! Ths is where I like to be most of the time.

Next time a Prius owner asks how many MPG's I'm getting, I'll explain this chart to them and tell

them "Just because you asked "I'm going to drive in the, It don't get no better than this" range for

the rest of the day!

6-7 MPG the sweet spot! :hysterical:

I suspect that one reason that Prius owners are bitter, angry, pompous A-HOLE'S because they all got RAPED by Toyota for their cars. $38 to $43K for those POS? Come on.

Very good point, that's why their so smug. I knew the Prius was expensive but 40k for that little piece of junk is hilarious.

To the guys who are making bumper stickers, I like the Fossil Fuels are yummy sticker, anyway I can get that made into a magnet? Don't like stickers on my car and don't want the Prius people to key the Shelby.

It's good to see the Shelby collective krap all over the Prius parade :)

I'll save the better responses where when I really feel like a :slapfight:

I have, Do you have any idea what it does to the environment when those massive batteries need to be replaced? as my standard.

Of just talk to the hand! :talkhand:

Nick ~

No doubt driving these "magnets" attract the kind of attention you received. You manned-up & admitted you were speeding... No need to trash some random stranger. Take the "spirited drives" to the track and avoid the hassle.

Safe driving.

Keith

Archived