TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tree hugging Prius Owner calls cops on me for going too fast on the road

NICK82

So yesterday morning I had a nice spirited drive about 10 miles down a 55 mph highway. As i'm sitting in the Starbucks drivethru picking up my coffee I notice a sheriff deputy sitting across me at the opposite parking lot, sort of waiting. I mention it to the worker handing my coffee and he says there's been a few accidents on this intersection, so probably just watching for running stop signs. I thought it was peculiar.

Anyway, I start to exit and the cop approaches the interestection at the opposite end just as I do, waiting for me to make a turn. So I go straight into his parking lot he's exiting and think nothing of it. As i'm getting ready to park and drink my coffee I see him slowly on following me with his lights on. I stop as I was planning on it anyway and roll the window down.

He said he got multiple calls of someone driving a "white mustang with blue stripes driving reckless", I told him I passed some people but kept it under 70. I couldn't believe some dork on the way here actually called the Sheriff, and then I remembered the pissant Prius who I blew past at one point. and I remember him speeding up later to get close to me, probably trying to get a plate.

I cut the conversation short by saying "let me show me you what the problem is..." So I put the parking brake up and get out of the car, walk over the front and open the hood. The cop was impressed, then we talked engines for a about 5 minutes, I dropped the hood, Cop handed me back my license, and said alright have a good day. He didn't even run the license.

Hope you like that stupid Prius owner!

Hey Nick,

I think it was a case of HP envy. What is facinating is that, here in San Diego, I find that Prius owners drive the %&$^ out those sewing machines on wheels -- way faster than most people drive.

But I think I have a solution for you. A guy on the forum, WP64, had stickers made up that say, "Fossil Fuels Are Yummy." I bought some. Perhaps you should display that sticker for your Prius friend. Another thought would be to have a badge made for your car that says, "Hybrid - Burns Gas and Rubber." What do you think? Glad you had a LEO who worked with you. The Prius was probably startled when you blew past him as he was busy talking on his cell phone or texting.

Jim

So yesterday morning I had a nice spirited drive about 10 miles down a 55 mph highway. As i'm sitting in the Starbucks drivethru picking up my coffee I notice a sheriff deputy sitting across me at the opposite parking lot, sort of waiting. I mention it to the worker handing my coffee and he says there's been a few accidents on this intersection, so probably just watching for running stop signs. I thought it was peculiar.

Anyway, I start to exit and the cop approaches the interestection at the opposite end just as I do, waiting for me to make a turn. So I go straight into his parking lot he's exiting and think nothing of it. As i'm getting ready to park and drink my coffee I see him slowly on following me with his lights on. I stop as I was planning on it anyway and roll the window down.

He said he got multiple calls of someone driving a "white mustang with blue stripes driving reckless", I told him I passed some people but kept it under 70. I couldn't believe some dork on the way here actually called the Sheriff, and then I remembered the pissant Prius who I blew past at one point. and I remember him speeding up later to get close to me, probably trying to get a plate.

I cut the conversation short by saying "let me show me you what the problem is..." So I put the parking brake up and get out of the car, walk over the front and open the hood. The cop was impressed, then we talked engines for a about 5 minutes, I dropped the hood, Cop handed me back my license, and said alright have a good day. He didn't even run the license.

Lucky you didn't hit a puddle while passing the Prius, they may of got stuck in the mud... Your tail wind probably made them spill their coffee on their lap!

Not much the Sheriff could do unless he was in the Prius. I don't think he could write a ticket, only run your license and registration.

If the Prius is a local and you see him again, report that he is weaving in and out of lanes appears that he is driving drunk.

I hate to tie-up police resources with false calls. :angry22:

Thanksgiving day, while getting gas in my SS, I had a guy in a Honda Hybrid tell me "why don't you drive something that helps save our environment". My very fast response was " why don't you drive something that helps save the US economy". He tried to reply but his wife/girlfriend told him to shut up. It was perfect.

Thanksgiving day, while getting gas in my SS, I had a guy in a Honda Hybrid tell me "why don't you drive something that helps save our environment". My very fast response was " why don't you drive something that helps save the US economy". He tried to reply but his wife/girlfriend told him to shut up. It was perfect.

Now THAT is a great reply. Nice job! :salute:

Can't believe the P.D. even had this sent out of dispatch. Prius guy probably thinks he's doing his civil duty, what an A-whole.

There' a guy that I see from time to time here at local Shelby get-togethers that has a great tee-shirt. It has a picture of a V8 on it, complete with headers, great big air cleaner, etc. and the caption "Drive Hybrids: I need your gas!" Love it.

:hysterical:

I GOTS to have one of those tee-shirts!

Sounds like you showed the officer some respect and got some back from him in return too!!

Well I would have told him;

"If your really serious than you would be on a Bicycle"!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Yeah, Prius owners are pretty full of themselves. A few weeks back I was at a light minding my own business with the windows down (they're always down) and a Prius pulls up next to me. Driver rolls down his window and in the smuggest voice I've ever heard asks, "hey, what kind of gas mileage does that ridiculous thing get?" I could read his face, he was expecting me to get embarrased, and mumble, "not very good...-" totally trying to make me ashamed. Instead I uncontrollably laughed, and then replied with, "are you freakin' serious? How much horsepower does that ridiculous thing have? Clearly you're about as concerned with performance and fun as I am with gas mileage, what would posess you to even ask something like that?" WTF? I don't drive around trying to race them, why would he ask me what kind of mileage I get?

I can't wait to get my bumper sticker I made from Kinkos. It reads, "I bet my carbon footprint is bigger then your's"

Well I would have told him;

"If your really serious than you would be on a Bicycle"!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Yeah, Prius owners are pretty full of themselves. A few weeks back I was at a light minding my own business with the windows down (they're always down) and a Prius pulls up next to me. Driver rolls down his window and in the smuggest voice I've ever heard asks, "hey, what kind of gas mileage does that ridiculous thing get?" I could read his face, he was expecting me to get embarrased, and mumble, "not very good...-" totally trying to make me ashamed. Instead I uncontrollably laughed, and then replied with, "are you freakin' serious? How much horsepower does that ridiculous thing have? Clearly you're about as concerned with performance and fun as I am with gas mileage, what would posess you to even ask something like that?" WTF? I don't drive around trying to race them, why would he ask me what kind of mileage I get?

I can't wait to get my bumper sticker I made from Kinkos. It reads, "I bet my carbon footprint is bigger then your's"

Those are excellent replies! I'll remember those.

LOL. I had a similar experience when someone with a Prius that had a vanity plate that read 38MPG or something like that pulled up next to me and ask me how much MPG I get. I laughed because I thought he was kidding and he said "no, really, how much miles per gallon does THAT THING get?" I just started revving saying "whaaa? I can't hear you!"

I'm not against tree huggers but mind your own frickin business! It's my money, my life, and I'm gonna drive what makes me happy.

Out here, our economy is based very heavily on the price of oil, it literally means whether some people have a job or not. Back when oil was $140 a barrel you started seeing smart cars and prius's pop up everywhere, this is in a town that you can get anywhere in the city in 15 min or less. The smart car owners were pretty cool people even liked to talk cars. But for some reason the prius owners were all pretty much jerks.

I read a bumper sticker on the back of G35 that said, Drive your Prius, I need the gas! I thought that was priceless.

And driving 80 through a town or residential area is reckless, not down a highway, that's speeding. And if you're not "exhibiting acceleration" and there is no timing device (radar or laser), there is not much they can do, but pull you over and lecture you.

Our biggest problem out here is idiot wives in Suburbans, F350s and Excursions that don't know how to drive. One pulled directly out in front of me in stopped traffic and was 90 degrees to being in the lane, she then slams it in reverse, whips it around and starts backing towards me while I'm trying to shut it down in full anti lock. I had dive into the parking lot she came out of to keep from hitting her, after I did, I displayed a nice burn out in the lot and pulled up to a conv. store...hot on my tail was an officer with his window down yelling at me. I got out of the car, looked back and surprised and walked over and asked if I could help him? He was not amused, (I'm never disrespectful to an officer, but today was about to be tested) he barked out, was that entirely necessary son? I started smiling and said no sir it wasn't, but the lady almost backed into me in traffic, was clueless of her surroundings because she was on the phone while doing this, so after I had been run off the road onto a "private" parking lot I displayed my anger instead of flipping her off and some other child seeing it. He didn't see that part and was now in a hurry to catch her. When he began backing out I did tell him, can I give you a piece of advice that might help? He looked puzzled and said yes...I said, if you can tell, I'm probably twice your age, and I was very respectful to you when you lost your temper and was barking at me...my advice to make your NEW law enforcement career go a little smoother is that you not call me son and address me like I did you, because next time we will be having this conversation with your Sargent's lieutenant and smiled. He thought about it and said that he was wrong and that he thought I was a kid doing that and said he was sorry.

When he began backing out I did tell him, can I give you a piece of advice that might help? He looked puzzled and said yes...I said, if you can tell, I'm probably twice your age, and I was very respectful to you when you lost your temper and was barking at me...my advice to make your NEW law enforcement career go a little smoother is that you not call me son and address me like I did you, because next time we will be having this conversation with your Sargent's lieutenant and smiled. He thought about it and said that he was wrong and that he thought I was a kid doing that and said he was sorry.

Well, that does it. We are packing you off to Washington, along with that officer. If the two on you, in a difficult moment, can see each other's point of view, discuss your differences respectfully, and resolve things reasonably, you can accomplish miracles in D.C. biggrin.gif Seriously, if two regular citizens can do this, why not the people we sent to D.C.? [Hope I have not strayed into prohibited territory . . . .[

Well, that does it. We are packing you off to Washington, along with that officer. If the two on you, in a difficult moment, can see each other's point of view, discuss your differences respectfully, and resolve things reasonably, you can accomplish miracles in D.C. biggrin.gif Seriously, if two regular citizens can do this, why not the people we sent to D.C.? [Hope I have not strayed into prohibited territory . . . .[

I think you are starting to stray clark17357... wink.gif I just have say TexasShelby for congress! banvictory.gif

Dont you guys just love those SHELBYs. These cars are so intimitating and fast that they just blow peoples minds. CS says he wants to leave the electric and tree huging cars to other manufactures, he just makes H.P. and tire burning cars for the few of us lucky enough to own one. SUDDEN.

I think you are starting to stray clark17357... wink.gif I just have say TexasShelby for congress! banvictory.gif

I can live with that. Problem is, TexasShelby is too intellegent to run . . . uh oh, am I straying again?

Jim

Archived