TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The 2011 Shelby GT500

denohew

Hey guys. Just got the 2011 order guide. I have a 2010 but I wanted a different color combo and the aluminum block so I will be buying an '11. Looks to me that I won't be able to order an '11 Grabber Blue w/ Red stripes if I want the SVT Performance package!? Also is the standard spoiler different now without the SVT package? What's up with the Unique Gear Shift knob, Unique Shelby Stripes, Unique Side Stripes and I am guessing the same spoiler I have on my 2010? Love the new rims. Are the stripes going to look different with the SVT package and the shift knob? I am thinking about getting a Grabber Blue and painting the red stripes on it and then just ordering and putting on the red stripes ( botton of the door ) from the factory to make my own Superman edition. Any thoughts on this? With stripe delete i am gathering that you get black seats which is OK with me because I was not a big fan of the red interior striping in the first place. My Ford guy says it won't be a problem to paint the stripes on the hood and roof. trunk, etc.. But said I will have to buy the red GT 500 stripes down the door sill ( or the botton of the door, you know what I meen ) because it would be too hard to paint those on. I want the SVT package. Any thoughts on this would be apprecciated. I want a Superman car! I hope I can do it with a little help. Also what do the unique stripes with the SVT package look like? Also Kona ( which I have now ) with Red stripes!!?? Regards, denohew

ok,

as a Svt dealer the way i can see it. Ford/Shelby is just using the word "Unique" to build value in the product.

meaning only Shelby get the Unique 12" stripes. which is kinda right cause the GT's dont get the same stripe kits.

as far as the spoilers i havent seen another spoiler offered. maybe if no spoiler is added by Svt Per. Pack, maybe going

back to the old days of no spoilers at all?

ok,

as a Svt dealer the way i can see it. Ford/Shelby is just using the word "Unique" to build value in the product.

meaning only Shelby get the Unique 12" stripes. which is kinda right cause the GT's dont get the same stripe kits.

as far as the spoilers i havent seen another spoiler offered. maybe if no spoiler is added by Svt Per. Pack, maybe going

back to the old days of no spoilers at all?

I have heard mention of a Pedestal spoiler, like the FR500C cars have.

I know guys that LOVE those things, I know guys that HATE them.

We'll see,

Phill

i heard that the svt pkg stripes will be 2 toned.... read red center with black edging or silver edging, etc....

That is the only way I can envision the stripes working with two colors. I'm not sure how good that will really look. I am very interested in seeing that with the new rims though.

I have heard mention of a Pedestal spoiler, like the FR500C cars have.

I know guys that LOVE those things, I know guys that HATE them.

We'll see,

Phill

Order Guide says spoiler with Gurney Flap! Same thing it has now!

I agree that Unique is referring to the spoiler used on the GT500! Its NOT used on any of the other Mustangs!

Really would like to see what the stripe is going to look like! Not sure if you can stripe delete a SVT Package car? I havent tried to order one and delete the stripe

MM

Really would like to see what the stripe is going to look like! Not sure if you can stripe delete a SVT Package car? I havent tried to order one and delete the stripe

One saving grace...new stripes are easy to remove. A heat gun and a little time is all it takes. Old stripes rip/tear as you pull them up.

Point: It would be easy to do your own "stipe delete" on a new car.

Phill

???? You do know those are BBS right? The SVT package wheels appear flat........

yes i do, but look closely at the pattern of the spokes in the guide and on the car, they match, either ford will use BBS rims or they will use a knock off, to be honest for the price they are asking for that package, i'd bet that they will be BBS....

post-21344-126476849268_thumb.jpg

post-21344-126476869494_thumb.jpg

post-21344-126476849268_thumb.jpg

post-21344-126476869494_thumb.jpg

anyone want to see the SVT performance pkg wheels smile.gif

I was hoping to switch to the 20's if they looked decent..."thumbs down"

How can you guys tell "flat" from a 2D straight on picture of the wheel?

Easy, the 14-spoke Boss wheels have a smooth curving flow into the lug area. More attractive. The 16-spoke SVT wheels have a more abrupt dish area for the lugs.

Easy, the 14-spoke Boss wheels have a smooth curving flow into the lug area. More attractive. The 16-spoke SVT wheels have a more abrupt dish area for the lugs.

I still can't tell. I will need to see an angle picture to be sure. You might be correct, it might be real flat, but with the picture that is in the order guide, it might be deeper than it appears from the that shot.

I still can't tell. I will need to see an angle picture to be sure. You might be correct, it might be real flat, but with the picture that is in the order guide, it might be deeper than it appears from the that shot.

its also possible that the picture is a cad drawing, we will see when the first car pics emerge :)

Archived