TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gone forever

thewheelman

I was watching the Barrett Jackson this weekend and got to thinking, gee, it's sad, we'll never see another 'Cuda, Superbird or Roadrunner, GTO. Trans Am or 442--all those manufacturers are now extinct. I guess we'll have the Vette forever, and the Camaro & Challenger are back--but for how long? Very glad Ford didn't let the Mustang die and Ol' Shel' is still cranking 'em out!

I was watching the Barrett Jackson this weekend and got to thinking, gee, it's sad, we'll never see another 'Cuda, Superbird or Roadrunner, GTO. Trans Am or 442--all those manufacturers are now extinct. I guess we'll have the Vette forever, and the Camaro & Challenger are back--but for how long? Very glad Ford didn't let the Mustang die and Ol' Shel' is still cranking 'em out!

There are a few Companies producing Trans Am's using the new Camaro and there is a Company producing a new Super Bird and one producing a new 'Cuda using the new Challenger. And as far as the GTO.......... Pontiac missed the Boat on that "BIG TIME". Pontiac might still be around if the did the GTO like the 1966 to 1969 GTO and if all of there Vehicles didn't look alike.

FORD WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!! All you see is ford mustang in almost every car commerical and in every advertisement if goes down, I'll go back to the Bimmer and break out my wife beater and hair gel and diesel jeans. and use the catchy line A how u dowin :hysterical: :jackinbox:

There are a few Companies producing Trans Am's using the new Camaro and there is a Company producing a new Super Bird and one producing a new 'Cuda using the new Challenger. And as far as the GTO.......... Pontiac missed the Boat on that "BIG TIME". Pontiac might still be around if the did the GTO like the 1966 to 1969 GTO and if all of there Vehicles didn't look alike.

All those "rebodies" are awkward, at best and the "Superbird" is a monstrosity.

Must disagree regarding Pontiac. True, the marketing could have been better, but, the GTO, G8 GXP, Solstice were all fine offerings. The owners(those that were willing to try one instead of running instantly to an import) seem to be quite happy with them.

Besides, plenty of 4 and 5 year old GTOs are still beating up on Mustang and Shelby GTs-all while offering a much nicer interior and real back seats. Don't get me wrong-love the Mustang, but I was sad to see Pontiac get the axe. I'm also happy that for the time being we have Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs all mixing it up today-enjoy it while you can.

"While you can" is right. The V8 oriented performance/muscle car market continues to shrink. That can't bode well for this classes future. Better load up "while you can".

Get'em and KEEP 'EM!

01-daytona-2009-sema.jpg

Sorry, but If this car was a Plymouth product, I would call it a "Super Turd".

Maybe "Gaytona" instead?

:nonono::nonono:

eh, the Mopar people hate that thing. Making a super bird truck, then this. They need to start giving there designers piss tests :redcard:

Ford unlike the other 2 is controlled by a Ford. Chevy and Chrysler were cut up and sold off in chunks years ago and are not going to come back. If someone wants a Mitsu, they'll go to Mitsu and buy one. Adding some parts from them to the K cars made people think they were all Mitsu. Today many don't even know the difference or just assume all Chryslers 4 bangers are import. That ruined them years ago and now they think they can completely rebadge a Fiat with the Dodge name and people will want it. Once this fails Dodge will be gone and along with Chrysler, they only name to survive will be Ram. Soon the only Mopar that will exist is trucks. Chevy will just keep down sizing till it out right fails and goes under, they just keep cutting limbs till they get to the last piece and just end it.

I grew up with V8 muscle cars, not turbo Dodges. I just bought a week ago a complete 8-71 blown 340 for my 70 R/T SE Challenger. So I still have them in my fleet lol. But I won't drive them daily, it just gets old. My secretary drives a Durango and can spend $30 a day in fuel running around town in it. So I went out and bought a $200 2.2 turbo car for her to run around in and she now spends $5 a day, that adds up really really fast. I have heard that Ford is going to put the Ecoboost turbo SHO engine in the Mustang? There may be WHP and mileage in the future, but you have to learn to love the whine of a turbo and a blow off valve vs the great sound of a V8. Monday through friday though.......

Archived