TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fraying driver side seat belt

SmellSoGood

Can you 2010 veterans who have had their care since June/July (I got mine in September) please look at your seat belt while buckled and let me know if you see fraying near the guide at your upper shoulder. Is yours showing wear and fraying already?

I have no wear on my seatbelts.

I have an 09 but noticed this down by the buckle area. Being way down there, I missed it at first but noticed it when I detailed the interior. I could then clearly see the white batting material inside. With closer inspection, it appeared as if the belt wasn't 100% stitched. The dealer brought in a real good interior guy who fixed the problem. Maybe you have the same thing....

I have an 09 but noticed this down by the buckle area. Being way down there, I missed it at first but noticed it when I detailed the interior. I could then clearly see the white batting material inside. With closer inspection, it appeared as if the belt wasn't 100% stitched. The dealer brought in a real good interior guy who fixed the problem. Maybe you have the same thing....

It may be the stitching was not 100%. I'll show them during my scheduled maintenance.

Have you checked to see if there is some extra plastic that was not removed after the mold process.

Haven't checked yet, but will. Regardless, I'll have them replace the whole belt when I bring it in for 1st service at 7500. I purchased the available maintenance plan that covers pads, sparkplugs, synthetic oil, etc.

Archived