TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 & 08 Shelby GT & GT500's future prices

mustangjack

I don't think where the car was built will have any bearing on future worth. Both cars are in the Shelby registry so, both are Shelbys.

The SGT has low production numbers in it's favor. The GT-500 has the 5.4L 500HP engine in it's corner. Buy what you like and don't worry about worth. Cars are a terrible investment.

I don't think where the car was built will have any bearing on future worth. Both cars are in the Shelby registry so, both are Shelbys.

The SGT has low production numbers in it's favor. The GT-500 has the 5.4L 500HP engine in it's corner. Buy what you like and don't worry about worth. Cars are a terrible investment.

Amen!!! I agree, some folks are getting too caught up in this what will their car be worth down the road and forget the whole reason why these vehicles are being made for, just drive them because when you are 6 feet under it doesn't matter. :peelout:

In my opinion the GT500's will not be worth a great deal in the future. This is not like it was in the 60's when they produced limited numbers of these cars. This time around both Ford and Shelby have absolutly killed the GT500 market by producing way too many of these cars. Sure the SS and KR will probably have better value, but the stock GT500 I think is questionable. Dealers were having a tough time getting invoice on the 2009 GT500's and the KR's aren't selling for much money any more. Without worrying about the value of the car down the line, it makes it a lot more fun to drive. After all, what good is a car if you just keep it in your garage and never drive it?

I would think with the release of the GT350 the GT500's are a little more desireable. I always looked at the GT500 as a blank slate. It was made with 500 hp and then the owner can SS it, KR it, add suspension, or CAI......basically whatever they want to do. With used GT500s selling in the mid 30's its a lot of bang for the buck and then the owner can do what they want with it. My point is with a GT350 at $63K I would think the price on a used GT500 should be rising.

SVT

Snip:

I always looked at the GT500 as a blank slate. It was made with 500 hp and then the owner can SS it, KR it, add suspension, or CAI......basically whatever they want to do.

SVT

You can't simply "KR" a GT-500. You have to outright buy the car. There is no such thing as a "KR package". If you own a GT-500 and want a KR, you'll have to buy a completely different car. The KR was only built in 2008 (1011 models) and 2009 (712 models). It's the same with the Shelby GT-H. You can't make a SGT into a SGT-H, or vice versa.

Snip:

You can't simply "KR" a GT-500. You have to outright buy the car. There is no such thing as a "KR package". If you own a GT-500 and want a KR, you'll have to buy a completely different car. The KR was only built in 2008 (1011 models) and 2009 (712 models). It's the same with the Shelby GT-H. You can't make a SGT into a SGT-H, or vice versa.

Fia, I'm well aware you cannot make your own KR or GT-H owning one of each myself. My point was strictly you can bolt on the parts to make the car comparable to the KR, SS, GT-H or SGT. Most of us agree these cars may not appreciate in our lifetimes. My purpose for buying the more limited production cars was hoping they would retain more of their value if I ever needed to sell them. Getting back to what I was trying to say is that with a used GT500 in the mid 30's you have a great base car to create about anything you want for less then an official SS, KR, or GT350. A lot of the owners on this forum have done just that building 700 hp with the watts link suspension and they'll thrash our KRs and SSs if they ever catch us on the track.

SVT.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere - 2007 GT500

Hagerty Insurance came out with this Top 10 List of Mass Produced Vehicles that will have collector car appeal in the next 10 -15 years:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hagerty-announces-the-2010-hot-list-a-decade-in-review-79788502.html

probably doesn't mean values will go up a great deal though.

Fia, I'm well aware you cannot make your own KR or GT-H owning one of each myself. My point was strictly you can bolt on the parts to make the car comparable to the KR, SS, GT-H or SGT. Most of us agree these cars may not appreciate in our lifetimes. My purpose for buying the more limited production cars was hoping they would retain more of their value if I ever needed to sell them. Getting back to what I was trying to say is that with a used GT500 in the mid 30's you have a great base car to create about anything you want for less then an official SS, KR, or GT350. A lot of the owners on this forum have done just that building 700 hp with the watts link suspension and they'll thrash our KRs and SSs if they ever catch us on the track.

SVT.

gotcha.....you're right.

Archived