TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Name Is Lawdude And I Own A 2010 GT500

lawdude

. . . and I don't mean that in a bad way. :)

Everywhere I go people stare and/or give positive comments on my triple black Shelby. I've had people speed up and chase me down on the street so they can give me thumbs up or holler how great my car looks. One person walked out into the street to get my attention so he could give me a thumbs up. Been to the track a few times and received nothing but positive comments. At stop lights I've looked into my rear view mirror and seen one person in the front mouth the word "Shelby" as he/she nudged the other person in the front seat. People have walked around it and looked at it from the front, the side, at various angles, and, yes, from the rear. Not one person has told me the back end of my car is butt ugly or that I shoulda got an '09.

Do the 2010 Shelby rear end haters exist only in the virtual world or am I the only one in the real world who's heard nothing but positive comments?

Everywhere I go people stare and/or give positive comments on my triple black Shelby. I've had people speed up and chase me down on the street so they can give me thumbs up or holler how great my car looks. One person walked out into the street to get my attention so he could give me a thumbs up. Been to the track a few times and received nothing but positive comments. At stop lights I've looked into my rear view mirror and seen one person in the front mouth the word "Shelby" as he/she nudged the other person in the front seat. People have walked around it and looked at it from the front, the side, at various angles, and, yes, from the rear. Not one person has told me the back end of my car is butt ugly or that I shoulda got an '09.

Do the 2010 Shelby rear end haters exist only in the virtual world or am I the only one in the real world who's heard nothing but positive comments?

Both, my wife and I like the new body style including the rear.............finally a sleek modern sports car look, created by a tasteful design house.

I've had my '10 GT500 coupe for about 6 weeks now and have about 650 miles on it. Its Kona Blue with gray stripes. I love the way it looks from every angle! Every time I see it, I think "How could anyone not like it?!" I drive it to work once a week, and - 3 or 4 times a day - have people ask if it is mine, can they look at it, etc. I've gone out into the parking lot and seen people standing around looking at it, and have had people stop me in the parking lot to compliment me on it. I was surprised that I've actually had more women than men want to look at it, knew what it was, etc. -- not that I'm complaining! <grin> The closest thing to an unfavorable comment I've had was "Why didn't you upgrade to the 605 hp supercharger?" When I told him about the decreased warranty (only 1 year on the other supercharger) he agreed that I should wait. Two weeks ago, I pulled into a supermarket parking lot and had a husband and wife in their minivan pull up behind the car and wait for me to get out so they could rave about my "gorgeous" (her word) and "awesome" (his word) Shelby. Today, as I was leaving the local library, I saw a man squatting down by his 3 sons (4 to 7-year-olds) waiting for me to drive by them in the parking lot. He was pointing to my car, telling them something. When I got to them, the 3 kids waved and the dad gave me a big smile and a thumbs-up! I was actually in a bad mood today until that happened, then I just had to smile! I don't get stared at constantly or anything, but I am finding that I do enjoy the attention! OK, I didn't enjoy it quite as much last week when the local city police followed me out to the end of the city limits, then turned around and went back into the city, but I was sure happy I wasn't speeding! The police car was a black Mustang with blue stripes (don't know if it is a Shelby), so maybe he just wanted to chat!

Anyway, I'm definitely enjoying the car -- occasional blasts of acceleration and averaging 16mpg! It sounds like you're enjoying the car as much as I am -- keep it up!

Tony

+1000 I LOVE my car, from all angles. I also like the other years 2007-09 too. Different but NO LESS beautiful... I only get compliments, i have seen more than one person in a car behind me, taking pictures with their phones. I have had more than 1 person tell me they've never seen a Shelby before and they ask: "where can I get one of those"?

Maybe the "CRITICS" are smart enough to have Politically Correct Manners in Person???? :hysterical:

Check out the 2010 Saleen Stang.........They really fixed the Rear End........... :happy feet:

PC politeness could be the reason. Or it could be instead that they are acknowledging the driver (me) as a cool, groovy, hip stud. Dunno, either is just as likely.

I think your right????Can't be the Car.......Just your a Fantastic Dud........I mean Dude?????

:hysterical:

I've had my '10 GT500 coupe for about 6 weeks now and have about 650 miles on it. Its Kona Blue with gray stripes. I love the way it looks from every angle! Every time I see it, I think "How could anyone not like it?!" I drive it to work once a week, and - 3 or 4 times a day - have people ask if it is mine, can they look at it, etc. I've gone out into the parking lot and seen people standing around looking at it, and have had people stop me in the parking lot to compliment me on it. I was surprised that I've actually had more women than men want to look at it, knew what it was, etc. -- not that I'm complaining! <grin> The closest thing to an unfavorable comment I've had was "Why didn't you upgrade to the 605 hp supercharger?" When I told him about the decreased warranty (only 1 year on the other supercharger) he agreed that I should wait. Two weeks ago, I pulled into a supermarket parking lot and had a husband and wife in their minivan pull up behind the car and wait for me to get out so they could rave about my "gorgeous" (her word) and "awesome" (his word) Shelby. Today, as I was leaving the local library, I saw a man squatting down by his 3 sons (4 to 7-year-olds) waiting for me to drive by them in the parking lot. He was pointing to my car, telling them something. When I got to them, the 3 kids waved and the dad gave me a big smile and a thumbs-up! I was actually in a bad mood today until that happened, then I just had to smile! I don't get stared at constantly or anything, but I am finding that I do enjoy the attention! OK, I didn't enjoy it quite as much last week when the local city police followed me out to the end of the city limits, then turned around and went back into the city, but I was sure happy I wasn't speeding! The police car was a black Mustang with blue stripes (don't know if it is a Shelby), so maybe he just wanted to chat!

Anyway, I'm definitely enjoying the car -- occasional blasts of acceleration and averaging 16mpg! It sounds like you're enjoying the car as much as I am -- keep it up!

Tony

Tell them now you can upgrade to the 660hp supercharger for less $$.

I'm with Lawdude. Love mine at every angle...

Tell them now you can upgrade to the 660hp supercharger for less $$.

I'm with Lawdude. Love mine at every angle...

I'm also with Lawdude. I've had my '10 since Tuesday !! Yep, TUESDAY!! Traded my tricked out '07 GT on it. The looks and compliments I'm getting are great. I don't know if its the Kona Blue and white stripe combo or what, but like Lawdude, folks are going out of their way to stare and pay compliments. I'll take the back end as is. Thats the Shelby way. Think back to the '67s when they came out with the T-Bird taillights. It caused a big fuss and was WAY cool !! We love these cars because they are unique and non-standard. I waited 20 years to get it and will enjoy every mile!

In the end, really only the car owner's opinion matters, if you like it, then there really isn't an issue. I am one of those people who still dont like the rear end personally, but if you like it, then thats all that counts. :) Enjoy the car!

How about some that own one hoping to eventually like it "in the end"??????? :hysterical:

I love my car too. I had it out today since it was sunny and not freezing cold. Had some kids stop to look at it at Wal Mart. Then got lots of thumbs up and had a guy roll his window down just to give me props. Keep in mind it was about 40 degrees.

I only get Positive Comments cant get out off a parking lot without "Great Car" :redcard:

I think the rear of the car looks a lot better in person. I have both a 2007 and a 2010 and I like both the cars for different reasons. I picked the car up from a dealer in Alabama and followed my son home for 600 miles....by the time I got home I loved the looks of the 2010....by the way I had one happy son as well!

For me (have a 2007) I bought the car for the performance and handling. Thats the most important aspect. I like the look of the 2007 but have just ordered a 2011. I can live with the cosmetic changes as long as the car continues to improve where it counts. Hell, I drove a BMW 2002 Tii for years and it was shaped like a box... but boy, was it fun to drive. I think the 2010 is much improved over the previous iterations and I can't wait to take delivery of my new 2011 this Spring.

Archived