TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drove triple black 2010

1shetan

My dealer just received a triple black convertible that we put our name on last april.

Beautiful car, smooth power and a great shifter.

Ok, we were given the option to take it or to order an 11 since we had to wait so long.

Paperwork shows the 2011 with

. 5.4 alumnium block

. HID standard

.My key standard

.EPAS steering(electric power assist)

.19" forged wheels standard on convertible

. Shaker 500 or 1000 with single CD

.Integrated spotter mirrors for side-view mirrors.

for options, HD radio

SVT package

19 and 20 in wheels

springs,shocks, gear knob, spoiler with gurney flap, stripes.

increase in price from 2010 of 2% .....

So what do you say..................take the 10 or go for the 2011.....................

My dealer just received a triple black convertible that we put our name on last april.

Ok, we were given the option to take it or to order an 11 since we had to wait so long.

Paperwork shows the 2011 with

. 5.4 alumnium block

. HID standard

.My key standard

.EPAS steering(electric power assist)

.19" forged wheels standard on convertible

. Shaker 500 or 1000 with single CD

.Integrated spotter mirrors for side-view mirrors.

for options, HD radio

SVT package

19 and 20 in wheels

springs,shocks, gear knob, spoiler with gurney flap, stripes.

increase in price from 2010 of 2% .....

So what do you say..................take the 10 or go for the 2011.....................

Go for 11 but what is your delivery time ?

I say go for an 11

Couple of questions:

1) For options, HD radio............NAV?

2) SVT package..............what is this and how much?

3) 19 and 20 in wheels..........are the 20's the same style wheel?

4) Springs,shocks, gear knob, spoiler with gurney flap, stripes.........

you can opt for different suspension now?

svt performance package includes the 3.73 rear axle ratio, front and rear springs, rear shocks, 19/20 in wheels and a unique spoiler/shift knob, stripes.

As for delivery time, I was told job 1 is march 15th so delivery can be mid summer, late summer if there are production issues.

2nd2none, you got it, that is our thoughts, it has been cold and will be for another 2 months, snow still on the ground.............it will sit in the garage and not get driven. So getting the newer production year may make sense from the use/depreciation point of view.

Buy an 11. The electric steering and aluminum block is worth waiting for. Both of those items combined will peel off about 200 LBS off the front of the car, and the PS will no longer bleed power off the engine.

Buy an 11. The electric steering and aluminum block is worth waiting for. Both of those items combined will peel off about 200 LBS off the front of the car, and the PS will no longer bleed power off the engine.

Most excellent. What about the perf. package? anyone knows if these are stiffer or lowering springs, and how the rear end will affect the driveability of the car?

Most excellent. What about the perf. package? anyone knows if these are stiffer or lowering springs, and how the rear end will affect the driveability of the car?

I have 3.73 gearing in my car, and it's the best thing since sliced bread for these cars. As far as the suspension is concerned, the 08/09 KR and the 2010 GT500 have the pinnicle of suspension components installed in them, and so will the 11'. I would not by a 2011 GT500 without the SVT package option.

Just my opinion of course.

I don't think Ford passed out allocations on the '11 just yet...so I don't know how the dealer could quote you a time when you car would arrive?

So..I guess it just depends if you want to drive the car soon..or potentially wait for 8 more months to get the car. If you aren't dying to get the car...then I would just wait for the '11.

I'd be impatient..I don't think I could go through the waiting process all over again like you have...I'd get the '10 myself.

I don't think Ford passed out allocations on the '11 just yet...so I don't know how the dealer could quote you a time when you car would arrive?

So..I guess it just depends if you want to drive the car soon..or potentially wait for 8 more months to get the car. If you aren't dying to get the car...then I would just wait for the '11.

I'd be impatient..I don't think I could go through the waiting process all over again like you have...I'd get the '10 myself.

Since it is winter in the rockies, it will be worth it to get the improved/updated model.............rumored hp up 16hp.

and the dealer was only estimating delivery time offcourse, stating previous orders but can order it today, however will not know pricing for a few weeks. .

I have 3.73 gearing in my car, and it's the best thing since sliced bread for these cars. As far as the suspension is concerned, the 08/09 KR and the 2010 GT500 have the pinnicle of suspension components installed in them, and so will the 11'. I would not by a 2011 GT500 without the SVT package option.

Just my opinion of course.

I'll be ordering a 2011 vert and I've been at my dealer recently 'playing' with my order in the system. What I'm running it to is I want a 2011 Kona Blue vert with white stripes and want the SVT Performance package. However, it appears you cannot get the white stripes with the SVT Perf package. Looks like the only stripe options are Black or Red...on Kona Blue?? No Thanks. So, minus the 3.73, will a car with the SVT Perf. package handle better or sit lower than the car without the SVT Perf pack but with the FR3 Handling Pack? SVT Perf pack is $3,495 MSRP to, so I'm sure it's more the just gears and perhaps some handling stuff, but doubt it's the FR3 Handling Pack.

From Post #1...SVT package = 3.73, 19" front and 20" rear wheels,

springs, shocks, gear knob, spoiler with gurney flap, stripes.

and to answer your original question...get the 2011

I'll be ordering a 2011 vert and I've been at my dealer recently 'playing' with my order in the system. What I'm running it to is I want a 2011 Kona Blue vert with white stripes and want the SVT Performance package. However, it appears you cannot get the white stripes with the SVT Perf package. Looks like the only stripe options are Black or Red...on Kona Blue?? No Thanks. So, minus the 3.73, will a car with the SVT Perf. package handle better or sit lower than the car without the SVT Perf pack but with the FR3 Handling Pack? SVT Perf pack is $3,495 MSRP to, so I'm sure it's more the just gears and perhaps some handling stuff, but doubt it's the FR3 Handling Pack.

From Post #1...SVT package = 3.73, 19" front and 20" rear wheels,

springs, shocks, gear knob, spoiler with gurney flap, stripes.

and to answer your original question...get the 2011

Henry, check this regarding the color schemes for the Kona Blue. You can get white or silver stripes, but they come with "black accents" what ever that means...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=52887

Henry, check this regarding the color schemes for the Kona Blue. You can get white or silver stripes, but they come with "black accents" what ever that means...

http://www.teamshelb...attach_id=52887

I've been studying this thing hard, believe me. I was at my dealer last week and we were entering my order. The system would not let us enter L6 (Kona Blue), 62 (white stripes) and 67F (SVT Performance Package). Once we removed the 62 we could enter 67F, but the system then added 6D (Red Stripes). I hope, I hope, I hope there is a system "bug". No way I'm getting Red Stripes on a Kona Blue car.

Can you get the SVT Performance Package and still do a stripe delete on it? I do not want any "unique stripes" or any stripes at all.

Lastly, are the "unique springs" lowering springs like from the FR3 Handling kit or something else?

I will not sped $3500 for the package if it does not lower the car because I could take the $3500 and install the FR3 handling kit myself and do gears as well.

I am guessing the SVT Performance Package will be the FR3 Handling Kit with 373 gears.

Thoughs?

Can you get the SVT Performance Package and still do a stripe delete on it?

YES...you can get the SVT Perf Package and stripe delete.

Unique to me means that are not available in anything else. So if they are the springs from the FR3 Handling Pack, to me they are not 'unique'. So I'd say they are different springs.

Archived