TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2nd gear synchronizer bad

gordyk

I had tsb 08-16-04 done on 2/09. Everything worked fine after this. Now one year and 2000 miles later the second gear synchronizer is bad, the other gears seem OK and the clutch is still working fine. I have read the stickey on TSB 09-19-11. I am taking it to my dealer tomorrow (Jim Click in Tucson) , what should be done, should the clutch be gone thru again or just have them fix the synchronizers? Are there any other TSBs out there that i should have them check while it is in there? Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

I had tsb 08-16-04 done on 2/09. Everything worked fine after this. Now one year and 2000 miles later the second gear synchronizer is bad, the other gears seem OK and the clutch is still working fine. I have read the stickey on TSB 09-19-11. I am taking it to my dealer tomorrow (Jim Click in Tucson) , what should be done, should the clutch be gone thru again or just have them fix the synchronizers? Are there any other TSBs out there that i should have them check while it is in there? Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

The syncros should of been changed in the first TSB. Ask if they did it.

Your clutch and flywheel need to be inspected when they take out the tranny for the syncro repair. They might be fine. There are no other Tranny TSB's on the GT500. Look at the LCA TSB I posted.

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

Rob

The syncros should of been changed in the first TSB. Ask if they did it.

Your clutch and flywheel need to be inspected when they take out the tranny for the syncro repair. They might be fine. There are no other Tranny TSB's on the GT500. Look at the LCA TSB I posted.

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

Rob

Thanks for the input, Grabber. The invoice from doing TSB08-16-04 states that they did replace the trans syncros and the invoice lists all the parts that are listed in the TSB plus it says they replaced two other gears (#s 7R3Z-7102-A and 7R3Z-7B340-A) I wonder what those two gears are? They are going to tear it down Monday and look everything over and repair as necessary. I also looked at the LSA TSB, mine does not make those noices, which is good.

Archived