TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Shelby GT500KR

Hey everyone. After weeks of looking we finally got a good deal on a KR. It's still at the dealer, but hopefully we be able to get it towed home next week sometime. We have to say goodbye to our 08 SGT :cry: , but on the other hand we have a King of the Road. The only problem is waiting until the weather gets nicer and all this snow melts. Its one of only 100 KRs in Canada. Here's some pics. Would anyone happen to know how many blue 09 KRs came to Canada?

gallery_18988_379_25403.jpg

gallery_18988_379_428074.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Shelby GT 1266 as mentioned above Mapleview Mall is in Burlington at Fairview St. and Maple Ave. It is a great show. Starts in May and runs until Labour day. Every wed night subject to rain. I am there most wed with a group of us and can usually save a spot or 2 if I know someone is coming. Usualy get 300-400 cars of all kinds and ages. There are bunch of mustangs, a few GT500s- 08,09 and 10 as well as a silver /blue stripe KR. These guys hang out with me as well.

Just let me know if you have interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Fellow KR Owners,

This is the SVTCowboy here is San Antonio, TX. I just got my 2009 KR last week, number 301, and one of the few Vista Blues. This thing is really a fun ride. It is now parked in my garage next to my 1972 Red DeTomaso Pantera, another fun car to drive. I also have a 2005 Mustnag GT, which I have upgraded and using as my daily driver. Guess you can said I am a Mustang Guy. I plan to travel to Tulsa for the Mid-America Shelby meet this year, and hope to meet some of you there. I will also be using the KR to lead a group of Mustangers on a cruise here in Texas to Mustang Island in October (www.mustangfest.org). I am looking forward to exchanging emails and any information I can find on the KR with fellow owners. Please keep me informed on any new things available or events.

SVT Cowboy

KR's Tag 2wish4

Hi Fellow KR Owners,

This is the SVTCowboy here is San Antonio, TX. I just got my 2009 KR last week, number 301, and one of the few Vista Blues. This thing is really a fun ride. It is now parked in my garage next to my 1972 Red DeTomaso Pantera, another fun car to drive. I also have a 2005 Mustnag GT, which I have upgraded and using as my daily driver. Guess you can said I am a Mustang Guy. I plan to travel to Tulsa for the Mid-America Shelby meet this year, and hope to meet some of you there. I will also be using the KR to lead a group of Mustangers on a cruise here in Texas to Mustang Island in October (www.mustangfest.org). I am looking forward to exchanging emails and any information I can find on the KR with fellow owners. Please keep me informed on any new things available or events.

SVT Cowboy

KR's Tag 2wish4

Congrats on your car, you're gonna love it for sure. By any chance, did you get the car from a Texas dealer or a Virginia dealer?

When I was looking online, I found your car (CSM #09KR0301) The only reason I remember it is, my buddy has 08KR0301. How cool would that have been if we had matching CSM #'s....only a year off.

Hi Fellow KR Owners,

SVT Cowboy

KR's Tag 2wish4

Hey SVTCowboy,

Congrats on your KR purchase. When and where did you get it? Check out the regional sub forums (West South Central) on here for local events. There is a thread titled San Antonio Shelbys. I'm also from San Antonio. I have a silver w/blue stripes KR. Maybe our KRs can meet sometime. You can email me at fordshelbygt500@att.net

Congrats on your car, you're gonna love it for sure. By any chance, did you get the car from a Texas dealer or a Virginia dealer?

When I was looking online, I found your car (CSM #09KR0301) The only reason I remember it is, my buddy has 08KR0301. How cool would that have been if we had matching CSM #'s....only a year off.

Thanks, Yes, I got the 2009 KR here in San Antonio. The Car sat at the dealership for about 270 days with no one wanting to pay the price. Finally someone did, but could not afford the $1500 plus payments, so he turn it back to the dealer and I got a deal on it with less than 3000 miles. I was able to purchase it straight from the dealship owner so I did not have to deal with any mark ups. Just in the right place at the right time. I love the car's power and handling. It is a big differences after drive the Mustang GT and Pantera. its the best of both worlds all in one package. Hope we can meet one day and show them off side by side.

SVTCowboy

Hey SVTCowboy,

Congrats on your KR purchase. When and where did you get it? Check out the regional sub forums (West South Central) on here for local events. There is a thread titled San Antonio Shelbys. I'm also from San Antonio. I have a silver w/blue stripes KR. Maybe our KRs can meet sometime. You can email me at fordshelbygt500@att.net

Hi Captian,

Yes, I got the KR here in San Antonio. I will check out the local web sites. I will also drop you a email so we can keep in touch. I plan on taking the KR out to Castorville next Friday night if the weather is good, maybe we could meet there. It would be great to have both cars in the same place at the same time. I will email you and we can talk about it.

SVTCowboy

• 5 weeks later...

Awesome car. And don't you dare put a front plate on that beauty. It's worth any tickets you get not having it.

Mine looks pretty good with the front plate... I just used a clamp-on plate bracket from Craig's. Got one on my '08 Bullitt, too.

Email him and ask about the '07-'09 GT-500 bracket.

Around here, a "no front plate" is one the cops are always looking for, and with a car as noisy as my KR... I need that front plate. :)

I was guessing for the limited time this car would be used it wouldn't be worth it.. But as long as no holes are drilled.

Mine looks pretty good with the front plate... I just used a clamp-on plate bracket from Craig's. Got one on my '08 Bullitt, too.

Email him and ask about the '07-'09 GT-500 bracket.

Around here, a "no front plate" is one the cops are always looking for, and with a car as noisy as my KR... I need that front plate. :)

Archived