TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airbag Cover Removal for Autograph

Congratulations on the airbag cover, mine should be back soon. How many pics were taken ?

Thanks. Looks like about 4 or 5.

I had to hunt a bit to find a place that still processes film. Finally found one but they only fire up the chemicals once a week so I won't see the pic's until next Tues. The cover is great, though.

I just got my Airbag Cover back from the Shelby Foundation by UPS about 5 min's ago!!! happy%20feet.gif

All signed with the certificate and my camera is back as well. Now just have to have the pic's developed and I'll be all set. Can't believe how fast the turnaround was.

Thanks Carroll and best to the Foundation.

John

Sweet! Was there a limit to how many pics they were willing to take or was it pretty much to your instructions in the note you sent along? It was just the standard $250 with the shipping charge too right? I'm getting ready to send my cover out tomorrow and I don't want to sound rude or like I want to just have everything done my way.

Sweet! Was there a limit to how many pics they were willing to take or was it pretty much to your instructions in the note you sent along? It was just the standard $250 with the shipping charge too right? I'm getting ready to send my cover out tomorrow and I don't want to sound rude or like I want to just have everything done my way.

I left the picture taking up to them. I just put in the letter that I understood that they would take some pictures and so I included a camera. When I got the camera back there were several shots taken. I won't know for sure what they are until next week. But yep, just the $250 plus the shipping.

John

I also sent mine out on monday the 25th. with all my info . If you get yours back and it has 08sgt1928 on it let me know. I'll do

the same for you. Curious now to see who gets it back first. Best of luck, Don

Well, mine is there as well. Arrived last Tuesday with a camera. So we'll have to see who gets who's.

John

Heads up Don & John!!!

I came home from work tonight to find the box on my front porch containing my Autographed air bag cover and my camera safely intact..

Ship date: Jan 25th

Recieved: Feb 8th

Couldn't be happier- :happy feet:

P2080068-1.jpg

Congratulations on the airbag cover,looks great. Looks like they charged my credit card on the 3rd of Feb. I'm kinda expecting it

sometime this week. Were supposed to get snow tomorrow so even if it comes in I'll have to wait for the snow to melt before I

can get it outside for the re-install.Garage is a one car and it won't let me in on the passenger side.

Congrats again,

Don

Heads up Don & John!!!

I came home from work tonight to find the box on my front porch containing my Autographed air bag cover and my camera safely intact..

Ship date: Jan 25th

Recieved: Feb 8th

Couldn't be happier- happy feet.gif

P2080068-1.jpg

That's great. Looks good. I know I'm happy with how smoothly the whole process went from beginning to end. I'm really impressed with how quickly the turnaround was on the signature part. For those that remember the famous quote: "I love it when a plan comes together...", this is one of those times dance.gif

John

Got my cover back today. Looks great. For some reason my sgt # was not written on it but thats ok, I think I like it better now without it.

I've never been able to post pics so use yur imaginations.Looks great , can't wait for the snow to stop so I can reinstall it.

Don

I just sent mine off a few hours ago with a disposable camera. i couldnt believe how easy removal of the cover was it only took 10 minutes!! happy%20feet.gif

Sent my air bag cover in early January with a camera. Came back in three weeks. Best mode I have ever done to a car. Easy removal and the install was even easier.

post-26584-126584944681_thumb.jpg

post-26584-126584944755_thumb.jpg

post-26584-126584944815_thumb.jpg

post-26584-12658494489_thumb.jpg

post-26584-126584944681_thumb.jpg

post-26584-126584944755_thumb.jpg

post-26584-126584944815_thumb.jpg

post-26584-12658494489_thumb.jpg

Nice pics, I really like the first one. How did you get the framing for that one ?

Thanks. Copied the photo into Microsoft Powerpoint and added the logos and text. Then save as a .jpg file. Send that to your friendly photoshop and get them to print off a nice 8X10.

Looking to trade my extra Ribbed Aluminum air bag cover for a Titanum air bag cover???

I have a special client that I would like to suprise with a autograph cover for his GT500 (but his GT500 is the Titanum color) any help would be appreciated...

Thanks-

Just my opinion, yours looks more like Shelby's signature/hand writing.

I'm amazed at how Mr. Shelby's signature is so consistent over the years... :salute:

I'm sure the CSM #s are a little harder to do since they vary so much; I'm just being anal :hysterical3:

I was as thrilled getting his signature as I was getting the car. The CSM # is icing on the cake...:)

Just my opinion, yours looks more like Shelby's signature/hand writing.

That's why the photos I have are proof he signed it.

One show's him with my cover in hand and signing it, and another of him holding it up wih the SGT # on it-

No doubt in my mind :dance:

P2080068-1.jpg

I wanted the SGT# for proof that it is for my Shelby and not something I picked up off ebay in the future

OK got the airbag cover reinstalled in the car without a glitch. Now I'm wondering about maintaining it.

I thought it would have come back with some cleaning instructions. you know ,what not to use.

Does anyone know what can and cannot be used on the signature. I really would hate to smear it.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

OK got the airbag cover reinstalled in the car without a glitch. Now I'm wondering about maintaining it.

I thought it would have come back with some cleaning instructions. you know ,what not to use.

Does anyone know what can and cannot be used on the signature. I really would hate to smear it.

Don

I got my airbag back yesterday after only one week and it looks UNBELIEVABLE.. I have the same concerns with protecting, smearing, etc. I have seen in a blog where someone said to use a clear-coat but not sure where I read it and I have concerns about yellowing of the clear over time as well as the signature bleeding. Anyone have any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I got my airbag back yesterday after only one week and it looks UNBELIEVABLE.. I have the same concerns with protecting, smearing, etc. I have seen in a blog where someone said to use a clear-coat but not sure where I read it and I have concerns about yellowing of the clear over time as well as the signature bleeding. Anyone have any ideas?

OK. I started this topic and believe it or not, I'm just now getting my airbag cover back! Just been busy. I couldn't be happier! Thanks to everyone who provided info. The R&R on the cover was easy and it took 2 weeks to the day to get it back signed with photos. I bought an extra cover from Team Ford for about $150. It's the coolest mod I've ever done to a car. Better than adding 100 hp! happy%20feet.gif I immediately started shifting smoother and faster! Seriously, the ambiance added to the car is immeasurable. Having the photos adds a more personal touch - the next best thing to having Carroll sit in your car and sign it. I had put my name on blue paint masking tape and applied it to the cover for ID purposes only, as recommended on the Foundation form. Never thought about it showing up in the photo!

Thanks again for all the suggestions and encouragement!

post-26755-127017923866_thumb.jpg

post-26755-127017926287_thumb.jpg

post-26755-127017923866_thumb.jpg

post-26755-127017926287_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived