TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2nd time fuse to power seat controls blew

so....yeah the title speaks for itself.

what would cause this? a short maybe? anyone else have same trouble?

it didnt blow when i tried to use it. seems like it was already dead when i tried to adjust my seat.

oh yeah my shift lever was loose. had to tighten the 2 bolts.

the roads around here are so crummy i wonder what else might be shaking loose.

oh did anyone get a recall on something about tire nozzles?

reminds me. its time to bring my SGT in for service. i havent drove it much in last 2 months because of crappy cold icy weather.

I have had the same issue...I changed the fuse twice...the dealer changed it at my last service...and could not get the fuse to blow again.

It does not blow during use. It is blown now.

The dealer service rep explained that to tear the seat apart to find it he could have the tech do, he said it is involved and I declined not wanting my seat to look like it was torn apart afterwards...

seems to come and go...the bummer is that it is a $5.00 fuse.

so....yeah the title speaks for itself.

what would cause this? a short maybe? anyone else have same trouble?

it didnt blow when i tried to use it. seems like it was already dead when i tried to adjust my seat.

oh yeah my shift lever was loose. had to tighten the 2 bolts.

the roads around here are so crummy i wonder what else might be shaking loose.

oh did anyone get a recall on something about tire nozzles?

reminds me. its time to bring my SGT in for service. i havent drove it much in last 2 months because of crappy cold icy weather.

I'm not sure there was a recall as much as there was a note in the service system, not sure if it was a TSB now, that had dealers swap out the valve stems of 07's when in for service.

here is the info:

http://www.tirevalverecall.net/

http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/5782

Yeah,

The current surge to move the mass of the a$$ can blow the fuse! hysterical3.gif

AHHAHAHAHA my a$$ aint that fat finger.gif

I have had the same issue...I changed the fuse twice...the dealer changed it at my last service...and could not get the fuse to blow again.

It does not blow during use. It is blown now.

The dealer service rep explained that to tear the seat apart to find it he could have the tech do, he said it is involved and I declined not wanting my seat to look like it was torn apart afterwards...

seems to come and go...the bummer is that it is a $5.00 fuse.

yeah it would involve something thats a "PIA" to do.

I'm not sure there was a recall as much as there was a note in the service system, not sure if it was a TSB now, that had dealers swap out the valve stems of 07's when in for service.

here is the info:

http://www.tirevalverecall.net/

http://www.newsinfer...m/archives/5782

thanks for the info. i havent checked what kind of stems they are but if they are the Dills then im gonna have them replaced regardless if they have cracks. i rather remove all doubt. besides they may develope cracks later.

I have to ask to lazy to look in the manual but is there anything on that fuse?? My specialty when working on cars was fixing shorts and rewiring car harness. I would go back to the dealer and have them fix that problem cause down the line it's only gets worse and cause more damage. Then you will be out of warranty and what if its a wire that is damaged and ends up shorting out your harness. Back in the 80's I got 65.00 an hour to fix a short what's the dealer price these days ??? or worse car fire. I haven't had a problem with mine but my ex-wife corvette which we bought used had a short where the car would die out. It cost us 500.00 to fix it the tranny had to be dropped to get to the harness which sliced into the wiring. There was a TSB on it but Chevy would not honor it said its out of warranty and we bought it used.

True it is something that needs to be addressed, but I am not letting them rip my seat apart and redoing it...

Fatboy.... I seem to remember a TSB about the wire plug under the drivers seat as being routed wrong and that causing the problem...just have to search....

True it is something that needs to be addressed, but I am not letting them rip my seat apart and redoing it...

Fatboy.... I seem to remember a TSB about the wire plug under the drivers seat as being routed wrong and that causing the problem...just have to search....

I have taken out my driver seat its pretty quick then harness is right there it's not a big deal. I have had to replace the seat cover once now that a mess. If you don't want to pull it apart just do it yourself and inspect the harness it may have gotten pinched on the track. If you ignore it make sure you have good fire insurance once that plastic fires up it an inferno. Good luck

Archived