TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Prediction

That IS absolutely CORRECT!!!!!!!!!

That bowl of ceral was about 3 days old!!!! from what the tech told me (right after I took the pic LOL). I knew why is was like that, but I wanted to hear it from him. Andrew came in around 5:30am or so that day. He open it up, poured the milk, ate some and went right back to work on the car. The Team worked long hard days on the car. He forgot he left it on the table. Three days later I just happen to find it and snapped a pic of it.

"Dig-It" send me an email Bud's email addy with your name and address and I'll find "something" to put in a box for ya!!!!!

Bud

Did he eventually ate it? :hysterical:

Hi all!!!!!!!!

Here is my prediction of the new GT350...................................

After the car is released to the new owners, I would venture to say that a good 75%-80% of all the people who say the do not like the car will change their mind. Now, before I get a public beating here (LOL) hear me out.

I persoanlly LOVE the GT350 both new and old. When you see a vinatge GT350 in a magazine, the car looks very cool, very fast. But, to really appreciate the car, you have to actually see it, touch it, hear it, smell it (gotta love the exhaust fumes :)) and watch the car on the track.

The same holds true with the new GT350. The pictures of the car look really good (IMHO), BUT, when you see it, touch it, hear it (HOLY COW!!), smell it and especially watch it on the track, that is where the change of opinion will come.

One real quick example..........I have had the privilege of taking pictures of the complete build--from start to finish. As stated before, I persoanlly have over 3.300 pics of the build. This does not include the number of pics that were taken of the build by our IT Team (at least another 2,500). Now, these pics I have are pretty sweet. The ones I have of the finished car are way too cool. But, by standing next to the car, hearing the car, touching the car is a completely different experince.

The day that we moved the car out of the shop to a different building to load it on the truck was a day I NEVER will forget. I was standing next to Gary Davis, our VP of production. As Phil Brown (one of oue tech formans) drove the car around the corner and headed straight towrads us, both Gary and myself basically said 2 words...."HOLY....... (rhimes with truck LOL)" It actually gave us goose bumps watching this car come straight towards us. It was that sight at that time that we really knew this car was the one. I was so awestruck that I couldn't even move to take a picture of it coming at us. It was the exact same feeling I got when I first started working here and Amy called me into her office to discuss something. As I walked in and started talking to Amy, my focus was on the conversation. Amy then broke the conversation and said, "Oh, by the way, have you met Carroll?" I turned around and there was Mr. Shelby just sitting there listening to Amy and I talk. I almost lost it right there!!!!!! A LEGEND, an ICON and one of the most down to earth people I ever met. It was the exact same feeling I got when the GT350 was coming straight at me. It was AWESOME, unforgetable, something I will never ever forget.

So, back to my prediction. I still feel that when the GT350 is out there, a lot of people will change their mind. In fact, I am almost willing to make a bet on it. Yes, we here do read all of the posts. And on the GT350 threads, I am taking notes on remarks made and from who. Now, before you stomp me here, this is just for me personally. I just want to see how many people will change their mind. I know you all will say never ever will I change out loud. But deep down your say, damn, I kinda like it.

What I will do is keep watching the threads from now until the first cars start hitting the streets. If I am right with my prediction, I will pull a name from the threads and I will send that person a new GT350!!!!! Ok, now, don't get too excited--it will be a DIECAST GT350---but it will still be a new GT350 :)

Thanks and have fun all!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Chad, of course you can drive my cars....that is what they are for! Now, would I let someone drive them on Laguna Seca? hmm, case by case probably...out at the Vegas track though? oh yeah! Heck, I grabbed a couple out of the stands this last time and took them for a ride! :happy feet:

Well, as many of you have picked up on, you HAVE TO see this car in person to really get it. The lines on this car just dont translate in a 2 dimensional picture...

I am honored to have been there with the whole SAI team at the unveiling, and wish you would have been there Bud to share it too!

As far as performance goes, the man I hold in the highest regard is Gary Patterson. I have ridden with him, and seen him drive like no other. This is a man that easily could be driving in any class of racing for a living. If he tells me something about a car's performance, I can take it to the bank. He told me this car outperforms everything else out of SAI, and I cant wait to get my hands on it.

I know a few people I will be happy to let drive mine when we do our next bash...after all, the best way to sell a car is to let someone drive it, and I want my friends to have the same enjoyment I plan on having out of it!

Okay you just picked up another friend.happy%20feet.gif

Sir:

I could not have been more eliquent in a response than that! I totally agree with you! For me personally, this is a must have car, I just have to figure out some way to purchase it and get it into Canada. I already own an 07 Sgt that has fullfilled all of my boyhood fantasies of eventually owning a Shelby. I cannot tell you the amount of pleasure that car brings me. My wife says she can't see the car for the smile on my face each time I remove the cover and take it out of the garage. It's infectious!!! I share your passion and agree that down the road when the dust settles, I think alot of people are going to change their minds!!!

If you have any thoughts how I might be able to facilitate a purchase to Canada, I'm all ears!

Sir:

I could not have been more eliquent in a response than that! I totally agree with you! For me personally, this is a must have car, I just have to figure out some way to purchase it and get it into Canada. I already own an 07 Sgt that has fullfilled all of my boyhood fantasies of eventually owning a Shelby. I cannot tell you the amount of pleasure that car brings me. My wife says she can't see the car for the smile on my face each time I remove the cover and take it out of the garage. It's infectious!!! I share your passion and agree that down the road when the dust settles, I think alot of people are going to change their minds!!!

If you have any thoughts how I might be able to facilitate a purchase to Canada, I'm all ears!

Well, other than what other Canadian TS members have posted about the import process for other Shelby's, I don't have a great deal of insight about that subject other than saying that the car will have a standard 2011 GT Mustang VIN assigned to it, so if you can get one of those cars into Canada, then it stands to reason that you could also get a GT350 in too.

I would contact Roger Sorel and/or Bud Mahony at SA to see what they have to say about this.

Sir:

Thank you :)

One little request---just call me Bud. Some one says "Sir", I turn around and look for my dad :)

If you want more information about how to purchase a Canadian car, you can contact Steve at SteveM@shelbyamerican.com or Shane at ShaneS@shelbyamerican.com or Roger at RogerS@shelbyamerican.com Any one of them will direct you to what you would need to do. We are all here to help in anyway.

Thanks!!!!

Bud

Bud, Ok on sending a die cast to one who originaly didn't like the GT350 and changed his mind..........but how about sending a full scale to someone who liked it from the get go.....Like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shift:

Ummmmm I think I know of at least one person who may be in front of you........ummmmmmmmm ME!!!!!!! LOL :)

Hi Bud. I love the new GT350 and believe it is destined to be a classic. I already own a classic, that being a 2007 SS. It is the car of my dreams. When I first saw a layout of the 350 in Motor Trend, I was immediately struck by its unique soul and feel. This machine breaths the life and dreams of CS. He HAS come full circle. It is a lot different than the SS, totally different. I thank you for your words. I believe you are right on target. I better place my order sooner than later, as the first model year will soon be sold out. In the mean time I'll work on your Cheerios thing! Thanks again...

The picture of the Cheerios represents two distinct thoughts, which reflect on your perspective in life. The bowl is either half-empty or half-full. If you're optimistic and forward thinking, like many at SAI, the bowl is viewed as half-full. If you are a pessimist, you would say that the bowl is half empty which is to view something as unfavorable or have the gloomiest possible view."

I believe Bud and everyone at SAI are very optimistic on the new GT 350 and forward thinkers.

Good luck Bud. It was nice seeing and talking with you Thursday. Hopefully you've finally got a break with the weather.

See you again down the road. And, take care of my GT/SC 'till the shippers get there next week! :speedie:

John

first off i do not know anybody at the vegas facility but have known of the chicken farmer and his cars.(30 plus years)..so with that i do not think they are a bunch of brain deads concerning this car..they did screw up in my judgement but whatever and who really gives a damn what i think (er nobody)..so whatever you think about the chicken farmer even if he dropped this one the guy aint stupid..the chicken farmer will know this "you build products for rich people as only rich people can make you a profit"..so the new gt350 was built for a selective market that 99% here are priced out of but in the end vegas did its homework and the damn ugly car will still make profit...that the chicken farmer will know as he is too good of a business guy.(the rest of em i dunno as i dont know em)..bottom line my guess is every one of em sells at profit....just my take..god speed

first off i do not know anybody at the vegas facility but have known of the chicken farmer and his cars.(30 plus years)..so with that i do not think they are a bunch of brain deads concerning this car..they did screw up in my judgement but whatever and who really gives a damn what i think (er nobody)..so whatever you think about the chicken farmer even if he dropped this one the guy aint stupid..the chicken farmer will know this "you build products for rich people as only rich people can make you a profit"..so the new gt350 was built for a selective market that 99% here are priced out of but in the end vegas did its homework and the damn ugly car will still make profit...that the chicken farmer will know as he is too good of a business guy.(the rest of em i dunno as i dont know em)..bottom line my guess is every one of em sells at profit....just my take..god speed

Well, actually, we do give a damn what you think and others think--whether good or bad.

And my only suggestion to you is----come on out and visit. Do the Bash one year, get to know us. Maybe we can all become chicken farmer friends too :beerchug:

The picture of the Cheerios represents two distinct thoughts, which reflect on your perspective in life. The bowl is either half-empty or half-full. If you're optimistic and forward thinking, like many at SAI, the bowl is viewed as half-full. If you are a pessimist, you would say that the bowl is half empty which is to view something as unfavorable or have the gloomiest possible view."

I believe Bud and everyone at SAI are very optimistic on the new GT 350 and forward thinkers.

Good luck Bud. It was nice seeing and talking with you Thursday. Hopefully you've finally got a break with the weather.

See you again down the road. And, take care of my GT/SC 'till the shippers get there next week! :speedie:

John

Hi John,

Good seeing you too!!!! Well, the rain sort of let up today YEA!!!!!!! Still a little cold, but not too bad. But you should see the mountains!!! They are just beautiful. All snow covered!! And no problem at all. We'll take care of your baby till the truck gets here :)

Bud

I think if alot of dealers order them and add a ADM yes price will be a problem. But if people like MM order a GT and drop ship it and only charge you for the GT mark up then OK. Remember only 2200 units total.

Only the GT mark up? Letting car dealers sell new post title Shelbys means the price will be put further out of range.

The 2011 Mustang GT looks pretty good and has a great powerplant to build on. Putting good tires and forged internals on a 2011 will be tough to beat. I think the 2011 GT350 is going to be awesome and most of the people that can afford to buy one, can also afford the forged internals. This car is out of my price range. I wish it didn't have so much bling and Shelby had a small assembly line in place to install built bottom ends for the engine. 15K less and no extra dealer mark up, forged internals and I would have been able to consider buying one.

I think the rear looks better than the 010 but the back up lights bring it down.

Edit: was I the only one that heard Carrol say they hoped to build a few thousand?

Chad, of course you can drive my cars....that is what they are for! Now, would I let someone drive them on Laguna Seca? hmm, case by case probably...out at the Vegas track though? oh yeah! Heck, I grabbed a couple out of the stands this last time and took them for a ride! :happy feet:

I'll call dibs on giving your GT-350 some memories at Laguna Seca any day of the week Warren :lol:

Ken

Hi all!!!!!!!!

After the car is released to the new owners, I would venture to say that a good 75%-80% of all the people who say the do not like the car will change their mind. Now, before I get a public beating here (LOL) hear me out.

I persoanlly LOVE the GT350 both new and old. When you see a vinatge GT350 in a magazine, the car looks very cool, very fast. But, to really appreciate the car, you have to actually see it, touch it, hear it, smell it (gotta love the exhaust fumes :)) and watch the car on the track.

The same holds true with the new GT350. The pictures of the car look really good (IMHO), BUT, when you see it, touch it, hear it (HOLY COW!!), smell it and especially watch it on the track, that is where the change of opinion will come.

One real quick example..........I have had the privilege of taking pictures of the complete build--from start to finish. As stated before, I persoanlly have over 3.300 pics of the build. This does not include the number of pics that were taken of the build by our IT Team (at least another 2,500). Now, these pics I have are pretty sweet. The ones I have of the finished car are way too cool. But, by standing next to the car, hearing the car, touching the car is a completely different experince.

The day that we moved the car out of the shop to a different building to load it on the truck was a day I NEVER will forget. I was standing next to Gary Davis, our VP of production. As Phil Brown (one of oue tech formans) drove the car around the corner and headed straight towrads us, both Gary and myself basically said 2 words...."HOLY....... (rhimes with truck LOL)" It actually gave us goose bumps watching this car come straight towards us. It was that sight at that time that we really knew this car was the one. I was so awestruck that I couldn't even move to take a picture of it coming at us. It was the exact same feeling I got when I first started working here and Amy called me into her office to discuss something. As I walked in and started talking to Amy, my focus was on the conversation. Amy then broke the conversation and said, "Oh, by the way, have you met Carroll?" I turned around and there was Mr. Shelby just sitting there listening to Amy and I talk. I almost lost it right there!!!!!! A LEGEND, an ICON and one of the most down to earth people I ever met. It was the exact same feeling I got when the GT350 was coming straight at me. It was AWESOME, unforgetable, something I will never ever forget.

So, back to my prediction. I still feel that when the GT350 is out there, a lot of people will change their mind. In fact, I am almost willing to make a bet on it. Yes, we here do read all of the posts. And on the GT350 threads, I am taking notes on remarks made and from who. Now, before you stomp me here, this is just for me personally. I just want to see how many people will change their mind. I know you all will say never ever will I change out loud. But deep down your say, damn, I kinda like it.

What I will do is keep watching the threads from now until the first cars start hitting the streets. If I am right with my prediction, I will pull a name from the threads and I will send that person a new GT350!!!!! Ok, now, don't get too excited--it will be a DIECAST GT350---but it will still be a new GT350 :)

Thanks and have fun all!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Great post Bud you truly exemplify the passion we all have for these cars. I know that I and others have felt similar emotions seeing our favorite Shelbys I really am proud to have my twins on your wall LOL

I wish it didn't have so much bling and Shelby had a small assembly line in place to install built bottom ends for the engine.

Apparently Roush is doing development work on this (and I don't believe it is for anyone else other than Roush and possibly Ford) as we speak - this is one of the items that is being addressed. Aside from their own vehicle lineup, it would seem that Ford is very close to their next Mustang 'upgrade' program as well. Wouldn't that be Boss?;)

All of which points to the hope that the king, the GT500, will be one hell of a car in 2011 as well.

More, on just how good the standard Mustang GT will be...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/10q1/2011_ford_mustang-first_ride

Hi all!!!!!!!!

After the car is released to the new owners, I would venture to say that a good 75%-80% of all the people who say the do not like the car will change their mind.

Bud

Bud,

You can put me at #1 on that list. I was a big critic after viewing the photos. I live close to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale and after seeing the car, sitting in the car, hearing it run, and looking under the hood, I am making plans to add one to my Shelby Garage. Your above post nails it. If you love Shelbys, you can't see, hear, feel the new GT350 and not like it. JM(new)O after seeing the car.

Chip

Bud,

You can put me at #1 on that list. I was a big critic after viewing the photos. I live close to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale and after seeing the car, sitting in the car, hearing it run, and looking under the hood, I am making plans to add one to my Shelby Garage. Your above post nails it. If you love Shelbys, you can't see, hear, feel the new GT350 and not like it. JM(new)O after seeing the car.

Chip

Hi Chip,

Thank you.

I just read your other post too. Great post.

Bud

Archived