TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Photoshop design ideas from the new guy

Hello TS I am new here and have some ideas for the new GT350...I hope no one gets upset with me. SA obviously put a lot of development time in this monster but I noticed Mustang and Shelby fans were not 100% on every part of it. As an owner of an original GT350 I made some photoshop changes to the profile of what I think I would like to see and I want your opinions on it. Do you like it better or worse than the original design? There were over 20 changes on the profile that I changed or thought could be improved and cleaned up a bit. I will work on the front and rear if there is interest. Thanks!

post-27351-126411950104_thumb.jpg

post-27351-126411950104_thumb.jpg

Hello TS I am new here and have some ideas for the new GT350...I hope no one gets upset with me. SA obviously put a lot of development time in this monster but I noticed Mustang and Shelby fans were not 100% on every part of it. As an owner of an original GT350 I made some photoshop changes to the profile of what I think I would like to see and I want your opinions on it. There were over 20 changes on the profile that I changed or thought could be improved and cleaned up a bit. I will work on the front and rear if there is interest. Hopefully everyone on this site had not done this already. Thanks!

CCC, keep them coming, looks good

Hello TS I am new here and have some ideas for the new GT350...I hope no one gets upset with me. SA obviously put a lot of development time in this monster but I noticed Mustang and Shelby fans were not 100% on every part of it. As an owner of an original GT350 I made some photoshop changes to the profile of what I think I would like to see and I want your opinions on it. Do you like it better or worse than the original design? There were over 20 changes on the profile that I changed or thought could be improved and cleaned up a bit. I will work on the front and rear if there is interest. Thanks!

I thought I would show the two in the same photo so you can see some of the minor changes.

post-27351-126412799648_thumb.jpg

post-27351-126412799648_thumb.jpg

I've had mixed feelings about the new GT350 since I first saw it. I wanted to love it, but couldn't for some reason, and didn't know why. Now I think I figured out what I don't like. The Name! If you look at the car without the emotional, nostalgic feelings evoked by the name, its a great car. On its own, it would probably have meet with little criticism, but add that name, and you give it mighty big shoes to fill. Our memories add greatness to our heros and legends, and I don't think anything can really take their place. Its the same as with the newer incarnation of the Ponticac GTO. It was a great car, but the package just didn't do justice to the name GTO, so something was always "not right" about it to me. I guess maybe you can't recreate an actual legend. Maybe you can only create a new one. I hope this one becomes one, but since it isn't one yet, I can't get past the price and the looks. Gotta give SA credit, though, and, cross your fingers on Carroll making new legends.

CCC

The one biggest improvement that I think is genius on your part is how you smoothed the lines in the rear to include the side rockers. I love the angle you have given it in the back from the tail lights down. Especially, how you smoothed the lower aero trim. It really looks "refined". Subtle but very effective.

I know the current parts are ongoing and conceptual, so I hope that the design team gets wind of your effort. I think the GT350 has had a lot of hard work and ingenuity put into it. I think it is great of SAI to consider the things we are suggesting!

I thought I would show the two in the same photo so you can see some of the minor changes.

You can order the car with out the cover on the quarter window, can you show that ? Thanks

CCC

The one biggest improvement that I think is genius on your part is how you smoothed the lines in the rear to include the side rockers. I love the angle you have given it in the back from the tail lights down. Especially, how you smoothed the lower aero trim. It really looks "refined". Subtle but very effective.

I know the current parts are ongoing and conceptual, so I hope that the design team gets wind of your effort. I think the GT350 has had a lot of hard work and ingenuity put into it. I think it is great of SAI to consider the things we are suggesting!

Thanks guys for the compliments on the design, I can't imagine how SA has been feeling the past few days with all the negative comments. It is very personal and tough when someone puts their ideas out in public for everyone to like or laugh at.

Thanks guys for the compliments on the design, I can't imagine how SA has been feeling the past few days with all the negative comments. It is very personal and tough when someone puts their ideas out in public for everyone to like or laugh at.

Please i don't think real car people will laugh @ this car. That's a stupid statement.

CCC, I like your design, it is much smoother and refined. One thing I noticed is that you eliminated the lower rocker-rear brake air duct. Maybe adding a side scoop like the SGT and the original GT350. I love the look on the SGT but would like to see it on this car. Thanks again for your pictures, seems like everyone is enjoying them as much as I am.

Jim

Archived