TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whipple IC automatics

I am currently working on installing the Ford Racing Big boost kit in my car. It consist of the IC, duel fuel pumps and the 3.25 pulley. Since the roads arent clean and the track is closed, what are the automatic whipple cars putting down with 475HP tune form FRPP? Dyno graphs would help if you have them.

I am currently working on installing the Ford Racing Big boost kit in my car. It consist of the IC, duel fuel pumps and the 3.25 pulley. Since the roads arent clean and the track is closed, what are the automatic whipple cars putting down with 475HP tune form FRPP? Dyno graphs would help if you have them.

I am thinking about putting a i/c whipple in my 07 GT-H automatic but was not sure if the auto could hold it but I see you have the non i/c and are now stepping up to the i/c. Do you have the stock auto? Thanks for any info.

I am thinking about putting a i/c whipple in my 07 GT-H automatic but was not sure if the auto could hold it but I see you have the non i/c and are now stepping up to the i/c. Do you have the stock auto? Thanks for any info.

07GTH, you can go with the whipple 475 intercooled with the auto. This was an option I considered and is recommended if you have an auto trans by FRPP. The 550 is not recommended for auto trans.

Is the 3.25" pulley stock to that (475) kit?

I have that size on my IC 550 and you can see my numbers below.

It won't be the FORD Racing whipple... FORD will not give codes for their whipple w/ IC on an automatic hence why most automatic's are using KB

It won't be the FORD Racing whipple... FORD will not give codes for their whipple w/ IC on an automatic hence why most automatic's are using KB

First I hear of that. I had no issue if I wanted to go this direction ie FRPP Whipple 475 for auto. If I recall it is in the FRPP catalog.

Ford gave me the tune. I got people on the inside. LOL The pulley is infact the 3.25 inch pulley. Ford uses the torque management and the drive by wire throttle to limited boost to 8-9lbs. Ive got my tuner on stand by once the car is done and I dont like the numbers I see. The 550HP kit has been done on a few autos that I know of. The transmissions have lasted to this point on these cars. Im just curious as to what the numbers are on the FRPP tune? To recap i bought the Big boost kit and Ford sent me the 475HP tune. We just bought the kit separately when Ford was not offering the IC kit last summer. One month later the 475HP kits came out so I got on the phone right away to ask for a tune for my kit. So I got one. So does anyone have any numbers for the 475HP kits?

Archived