TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RIP for another GT500

No presumption here, but everytime I see one wrecked, I do think about where insurance premiums are likely to go. At this point the rates are really reasonable. History has unfortunately shown what happens to high horsepower cars when they get in the wrong hands. That's what happened to alot of my favorites (Boss 302, 429, etc.)

Me too....one less of the fastest color left on the road! ;)

very ugly .... not sure if he/she got hit on the side or went off road and hit something else... very disturbing and I hope no one was seriously injured

dond

another foot towards the back end, ( right into the driver) I'd say the driver wouldn't of had a chance, Looks like some serious leg injuries though. At the very least

I just looked at it again, I'm tellin ya tha Cobra is tough!.....It's still stuck to the fender

I'm not sure how insurance companies manage this...I guess I'd have to read my individual policy. A number of years ago I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee stolen...it was two weeks old. I originally the insurance company that I'd just send them my receipt and they could deduct $500 or $1000 and I'd be agreeable. The adjuster told me that they'd never do that because I "lost" several thousand dollars the day I drove it off the lot. In the end, the insurance company wrote me a check for several thousand more than I paid based on an "independent appraisal" that they commissioned.

On a related topic, I'm not sure how it is in other states, but in California my understanding is that insurance companies pay the prorata share of your annual license fee if the vehicle is stolen or totalled. And on that Jeep, I'm pretty sure part of the payment was for sales tax that I'd paid.

Archived