Then and now

DSC_6180.jpg

DSC_6187.jpg

Wheels look nice

DSC_6176.jpg

Some of the badging

DSC_6177.jpg

DSC_6178.jpg

Sorry this one is out of focus. Maybe I'll do a makeup today when the light is better.

DSC_6183.jpg

Carroll signed the license plat cover

DSC_6185.jpg

Gary Patterson was the guard and he was nice enough to take down the ropes so I could get some better quality photos.

DSC_6188.jpg

DSC_6189.jpg

DSC_6190.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Looks like the weather is lousy but the cars look good even wet.

I'm going to start sorting and uploading this afternoon.

It was wet and "cold" (well, relatively). This morning I woke up with a full-blown head cold. I felt it coming on Sunday AM after walking around in the rain Friday night for an hour looking for my car.

OK. I'm starting to upload the pictures from the week. I'm trying to arrange them by related groups. At the end I will post some others just collected by day.

First up are some what I put into the category of "non automobile and other things".

I remember seeing these around way back in the 60's. This Amphicar sold for $45K. It was interesting to see a vehicle with license plates and boat tags :)

DSC_6219.jpg

DSC_6220.jpg

There is a separate auction that goes on for "automobilia". The trophy is the SCCA that went to Shelby and Ford. It sold for about $3500.

DSC_6250.jpg

DSC_6268.jpg

DSC_6269.jpg

DSC_6472.jpg

DSC_6619.jpg

This was the display for the airplane. I didn't get may photos of the booth.

DSC_6362.jpg

One of the featured cars on the cover art was the Blastolene "Tank Car". The engine is a tank engine. They found two of the engines and built two cars.

Jay's link here: http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/segment/under-the-hood/tank-car-1/

It ended up selling for $255K which I doubt came even close to the cost of putting it together. Hopefully they made out on Leno's :)

DSC_6372.jpg

DSC_6373.jpg

DSC_6368.jpg

DSC_6369.jpg

DSC_6370.jpg

DSC_6371.jpg

DSC_6374.jpg

DSC_6375.jpg

DSC_6809.jpg

DSC_6810.jpg

There were a whole bunch of Shelby GT350s and GT500s at the auction. These two had been singled out and were at the front of the Expo area next to the Cobras.

Both were impeccably gorgeous.

The white one (lot 1302) was the first production 66.

DSC_6273.jpg

DSC_6425.jpg

The red one (lot 1266) was one of two (a green one, later) owned and sold by the same guy.

DSC_6274.jpg

DSC_6426.jpg

First, 1266:

DSC_6729.jpg

DSC_6730.jpg

DSC_6731.jpg

DSC_6732.jpg

DSC_6734.jpg

DSC_6735.jpg

:hysterical2: Lets not go there!

Yeah, it happened to everyone! After closing the biggest lot they started shoving them into the lot assigned to me. Then I got there late on Friday so it was full. I knew where it was and thought there was a way through to cross the road over. NOT. The chicken wire fence went all the way around so I had to trudge all the way back and over. There was still water in the ditches. I should have just taken off my shoes and socks and crossed - I'd have the same cold I have now but my feet wouldn't have hurt so much :)

Here are two mustangs that happened to go when I was close by.

I can't believe someone would pay this much for what is an admitted clone.

DSC_6260.jpg

DSC_6642.jpg

While I was nearby a Ford GT went across the block too. I didn't get pictures but did get the price. There were two nearly identical ones. Never did see the second one.

DSC_6644.jpg

Carnut thought this was the car I almost bought last year. It's not but very close. I thought it looked pretty nice.

DSC_6451.jpg

DSC_6455.jpg

DSC_6458.jpg

There was a Barrett Jackson SGT convertible that was a charity donation to the Cox (cable) charities in Arizona.

It's a cloth interior car.

DSC_6645.jpg

DSC_6646.jpg

DSC_6648.jpg

DSC_6920.jpg

DSC_6924.jpg

It was a charity donation with lots of little kids. Are there little kids in this picture ? :)

DSC_6928.jpg

DSC_6929.jpg

DSC_6937.jpg

Feel sorry for the person in that suit. No visibility since they were leading him/her around like a blind person. Must have been hot inside too.

DSC_6938.jpg

Alice Cooper sold two cars.

The Challenger R/T went for $66K. The Absolutely Gorgeous low mileage GTO convertible went for only $62.7K. (On these I didn't get down to get the hammer price photo). Each car came with a guitar signed by Alice. At one point he just started strumminb it.

Notice Bary Bennett in a jacket that matches the inside of the trunk.

DSC_6831.jpg

DSC_6841.jpg

DSC_6843.jpg

DSC_6844.jpg

DSC_6846.jpg

DSC_6848.jpg

DSC_6849.jpg

DSC_6850.jpg

DSC_6851.jpg

DSC_6853.jpg

Here are some miscellaneous shots from "around the grounds". Nothing specific.

So I think it was Thursday I'm looking at the cars in the Expo tent and noticed some commotion. Turns out there was a "missing car slot" roped off, and.... A wedding. I wonder what that space cost?

DSC_6318.jpg

Can't remember his name but this is the Speed guy.

DSC_6465.jpg

I mentioned that the weather was crappy and that they had closed one of the big parking lots.

DSC_6488.jpg

This is the lot that was closed. It's one of the biggest. It's a polo field (Westworld is used as a horse show arena). The polo field is also a drainage retention pond. It worked.

DSC_6490.jpg

Lots of vendors selling all kinds of different things :)

DSC_6491.jpg

Airplanes

DSC_6492.jpg

DSC_6493.jpg

Cobras

DSC_6498.jpg

DSC_6499.jpg

Inside of a Daytona Coupe. (Superformance but now officially Shelby CSX9000 series.)

DSC_6503.jpg

This coupe is CSX9111

DSC_6504.jpg

DSC_6505.jpg

Another weather shot

DSC_6522.jpg

Bartenders

DSC_6621.jpg

GT-H in the parking lot.

DSC_6639.jpg

DSC_6640.jpg

I was getting a shot of some car and got one candid shot of the Barrett Jackson Models. Then they all lined up and posed for me!

DSC_6762.jpg

Stuff: Milk cans with tractor seats. See what you can do with junk? Now there probably aren't any milk cans or tractor seats left so these are probably made in China. :)

DSC_6879.jpg

American Idol winner Jordin Sparks and the Shelby Foundation are auctioning a Super Snake with proceeds to their charities. This is Jordin signing autographs.

DSC_6682.jpg

Jordin and Jenni Shreeves

DSC_6690.jpg

The car. I took a few pictures for Jenni. I never got to look up close at a SS. Wow, they are cool.

DSC_6891.jpg

Both Ford and GM always have big displays, including cars you can drive, or fast cars you can ride in. This is one of the Bondurant Racing School Corvettes. Bondurant's school is in the valley (Chandler, I think.)

DSC_6287.jpg

Neon lights and gas pumps make good pictures.

DSC_6299.jpg

DSC_6300.jpg

DSC_6301.jpg

DSC_6302.jpg

DSC_6308.jpg

DSC_6309.jpg

DSC_6310.jpg

Nomad #1 (Those sure are cool cars)

DSC_6320.jpg

DSC_6321.jpg

Archived