TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Improving the 2011 GT350

I understand that Amy is open to our feedback and constructive criticism is positive. Please if you all have some positive ideas to better the new car please chime in. Maybe she will read this and we can all provide that info. Ideas like how to reduce weight, appearance, and performace changes that Sai can do would be helpful. Also, production numbers and availability suggestions would be helpful. Also price! Please stay positive in your reply. We are the Shelby people so lets give some ideas. Any new car needs to be tweeked and sorted out. We can help. We are the experts. SUDDEN.

I understand that Amy is open to our feedback and constructive criticism is positive. Please if you all have some positive ideas to better the new car please chime in. Maybe she will read this and we can all provide that info. Ideas like how to reduce weight, appearance, and performace changes that Sai can do would be helpful. Also, production numbers and availability suggestions would be helpful. Also price! Please stay positive in your reply. We are the Shelby people so lets give some ideas. Any new car needs to be tweeked and sorted out. We can help. We are the experts. SUDDEN.

I thought Carroll Shelby was the expert. :headscratch:

I thought Carroll Shelby was the expert. :headscratch:

He works for Amy, not the other way around.

It surprised Amy too! lol

Phill Pollard

I'll repost this from the other thread:

I really like the lines and shape of the car. I think it's a win for CS and SAI and would like to extend thanks and congratulations for making another awesome Mustang. Some things I would change though:

1. Continuous blue stripes - without the GT350 in the hood and all the way down the rear bumper fascia.

2. I agree that the Speed of Sound gauge pod would look better.

3. Take the fender badges off and don't replace them with anything. It doesn't need anything with the the rocker stripe there.

4. Put the Tri-bar pony in the grill.

5. Recess the reverse lights into the rear bumper fascia. Having them stick out takes away from the clean look of the rear.

6. The rocker panel rear brake cooling ducts will probably have to be increased in size for them to be truly functional.

I can't wait to see the final production wheels and tires. And I'd really love to know what kind of numbers we're going to see out of the supercharged (11:1 CR) 5.0 and how FRPP and Whipple plan to pull it off safely.

That's the constructive criticism I have for now. If I haven't mentioned anything else in particular, it's because I either already like it or love it. Again, my hats off to Shelby American!

OBTW:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE EXHAUST NOTE OF THIS CAR - IT IS PERFECT!

I'll repost this from the other thread:

I really like the lines and shape of the car. I think it's a win for CS and SAI and would like to extend thanks and congratulations for making another awesome Mustang. Some things I would change though:

1. Continuous blue stripes - without the GT350 in the hood and all the way down the rear bumper fascia.

2. I agree that the Speed of Sound gauge pod would look better.

3. Take the fender badges off and don't replace them with anything. It doesn't need anything with the the rocker stripe there.

4. Put the Tri-bar pony in the grill.

5. Recess the reverse lights into the rear bumper fascia. Having them stick out takes away from the clean look of the rear.

6. The rocker panel rear brake cooling ducts will probably have to be increased in size for them to be truly functional.

I can't wait to see the final production wheels and tires. And I'd really love to know what kind of numbers we're going to see out of the supercharged (11:1 CR) 5.0 and how FRPP and Whipple plan to pull it off safely.+1

That's the constructive criticism I have for now. If I haven't mentioned anything else in particular, it's because I either already like it or love it. Again, my hats off to Shelby American!

OBTW:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE EXHAUST NOTE OF THIS CAR - IT IS PERFECT!

I kinda like the New Shelby GT350, and congratulations on all the hard work that Shelby American has put into making this dream into a reality...... However saying that, I would definitely LOVE the car with the following changes, with the ultimate goal of keeping car around 3500lbs or lighter and with say around 550+hp

1- I would rather see a build up of alot more HP of the new 5.0 engine internally (cam, heads,forged internals, etc) and do away with the supercharger (intercooler) and all that extra weight. Keep weight around above target range of 3500lbs or lighter (many performance and handling benefits).

2-continue the Blue Shelby painted on stripes all the way down on rear end.

3-move the Shelby name up higher

4- If car is going to be very limited than Remove back seat option and place in Rollbar (once again weight target range)

5-I like the exhaust out the back is a nice touch (how about some electric cuts-outs put in(if its legally possible).

6- wider meats (tires and wheels) all the way around especially back, and the old school crager S/S"s as a wheel option.

7-make all the add-on ground effects thru-out entire car look more like it was integrated into the body lines rather than just attached on.

8 im not so sure I like the location of the 2 round back up lights where they are

9-interior ball shifter I would like to see more old school round cueball type shifter.

10- how about some lower rear functional side scoops to cool off back brakes as well.

11-And with the internal build-up of engine (say 550+hp) NA, I would love to see some type of functional ram-air coming in

12- maybe alittle less badgeing

13- I would like to see some type of hood pins, spaced out towards outer front edge.

14--Overall i like the car as I said but the Shelby GT 350 remake should be more race oriented with less weight for even better handling (no S/C) more HP(Internal engine build-up from money saved from no blower etc) and less creature comforts(such as back seat etc)....especially if you say car is going to be very limited. I think this would be awesome and follow directly in line of what the "Original GT 350" had to offer at the track as well as the streets. I know that I would buy one and race it at "The Glen" for what it was initially intended for....racing heitage.

Congrats too all at Shelby-American....Keep up the GREAT work Carroll, Amy, and "The Crew"......I cant wait to see "The Real" finished road race GT 350 version when released. :shift:

10- how about some lower rear functional side scoops to cool off back brakes as well.

Look closer. They are there.

Phill

Ok, this is the third time I've had to make this thread. I'm not sure why it keeps being deleted as there was nothing insulting in it. I'm sure Shelby can take some constructive feedback, whether it be good or bad. Maybe one of the mods can tell me what's wrong with trying to improve the GT350 and having a thread about it?

With that said hopefully everyone will place there ideas in one place instead of being spread around threads. Making it easier for the employees at Shelby to reference

This we know will change from the concept.

- One piece front and rear bumper

- Less Shelby and GT350 markings

- Different Wheels and Tires

Outside of that what is everyone's thoughts?

I would like to see Jeff's Photoshop treatment of the rear end adopted. It takes a very weak part of the car and makes it what it should be.

I showed the new GT 350 to my 22 year old son (who has more racetrack seat time in my car than I do). He liked the front end overall, and liked the interior, but he could not believe the rear end treatment. When I showed him Jeff's Photoshop job, he said that is what flows with the rest of the car. He did echo what everyone has said, i.e., that the car needs to say GT 350 a few less times and that the Pony emblem needs to be in the grill.

Jim

Ok, this is the third time I've had to make this thread. I'm not sure why it keeps being deleted as there was nothing insulting in it. I'm sure Shelby can take some constructive feedback, whether it be good or bad. Maybe one of the mods can tell me what's wrong with trying to improve the GT350 and having a thread about it?

With that said hopefully everyone will place there ideas in one place instead of being spread around threads. Making it easier for the employees at Shelby to reference

This we know will change from the concept.

- One piece front and rear bumper

- Less Shelby and GT350 markings

- Different Wheels and Tires

Outside of that what is everyone's thoughts?

What? do you think the third time is a charm? Give it a break already. :rant2:

What? do you think the third time is a charm? Give it a break already. :rant2:

Why are you upset about this thread? I'm just curious why any fan of Shelby or Shelby itself wouldn't welcome feedback. Companies are always looks for ways to improve their products.

There is a thread already on ideas and changes, how about you just add to that one, and only thread with disrespect in them have been moved. We can't respond to multiple threads all the same...

Amy

Cut and paste your comments, thoughts, and ideas from this forum over to here please...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52650-improving-the-2011-gt350/page__view__findpost__p__890327

Closing this forum due to duplication

please keep this as the comment and idea thread, thank you

I merged it here http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52666-save-the-gt-350-campaign/

She (Amy) is saying to use this forum, the forum that your reading this in, as the "Improving the 2011 GT350" comment and idea forum. That other forum is dead and gone.

And please remember, it not just what you say, it's how you say it. Some folks post things without ANY regard for respect and feelings. You are not just communicating with a faceless company, you are interfacing with people that have spent alot of time and thought into the GT350 project, and those people have feelings wheather you believe that or not.

If you feel that you can't stifle your anger and frustrataion in these matters, then it is suggested that you don't post here. Those who don't understand that will just get their posts deleted or worse, this forum will be shut down again.

Please keep it civil...

I honestly think it should just be a stock GT with spoiler delete and then add the following options. Add a billet grille, tri-bar pony on the grille, Shelby GT hood scoop(no rivets), 18" Magnum 500s or even a new style TT to make it look like the old one, lower it, quarter window louvers, hood pins, and then the G.T.350 stripes and that is it for exterior. Just keep the current engine setup, and for interior put the GT/SC pod in, short throw shifter setup, custom shift knob like the GT500s get, and a color matching leather shifter and parking brake boots.

See if I can't chop the exterior.

I can't do stripes, and the scoop and louvers didn't turn out great, but something similar to it would be nice.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z297/Super_assassin/Chops/GT350.jpg

I don't have a problem with the direction they are going in. I'm looking forward to seeing the finalized front and rear bumpers along with the final wheels. One concern of mine is the overall weight of the car. It's quite possible a 2011 GT500 with the aluminum block may weight less.

Will be close I bet. The 2011 will be in the 3700's. A base GT with 18s will be 3603. 20s, brakes, blower, intercooler can easily add 200 lbs. UNLESS there was weight reduction which I am not seeing anywhere...

Chris,

You keep forgetting to add the extra weight of the fiberglass hood, and more than likely the front and rear fascias will be heavier than OE as well (on the Terlingua's the front fascia was at least 20# heavier than stock).

The number I saw listed on the specs posted with a press release said "curb weight: 3,950# est." and that sounds about right for everything that has been added to the car.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be very surprised if I am.

Everyone will have an opinion just like half may love it and half don't like it, but to me 2 things should be fixed...

The front bumper cover/body kit is way over the top meaning its huge appearing and doesn't scream Shelby to me

Second, the wheels got to go and to me is the worse part of the new GT350

Archived