TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350: F.A.Q.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

number one question is "will we do an automatic" and will we do :naturally aspirated " interesting

hysterical3.gif AUTOMATIC? finger.gif

Now, naturally aspirated has some positive aspects to it.

But an automatic in a Shelby???redcard.gif FAIL!!!

Gotta have an automatic for that certain hip replacement demographic... :hysterical:

Sorry, but my dad complains about shifting and pushing in the clutch. Sad really... :hysterical3:

At least then he might have an excuse to have a slower car than mine. :hysterical:

Funny thing about the automatic that I have in my slow shelby, Is that I cant remember getting beat by a GT500 in a drag race, Warren you and your brother should drive one and see what it's all about, I know its a failure to have a automatic, but I would like one in a GT350 also, Red also, Flame suit on, cheers, Rick

Fact is, Rick is spot on with what his AT SGT can do on a drag strip. Most of us simply cannot shift as well as an AT can when on a drag stip. I have seen Rick's car on the strip and it is pretty impressive. If you know Rick, you know he is a "result" oriented guy. If a rock crusher worked better for him than an AT, he would be using one.

Jim

AA is hoping to start shipping MONDAY!!!!

Show that all four of the 11 Mustangs (one GT500) have been released, but my contact at the plant said they are just storing the cars there until OK to ship.

Now on the naturaly aspirated and AUTO.. PLEASE!!!

Im a die hard gear shifter, BUT not everyone wants to shift. Make the car in an auto. Then for the budget guys drop the Supercharger!

Man that would be an awesome option!!

MM

AA is hoping to start shipping MONDAY!!!!

Show that all four of the 11 Mustangs (one GT500) have been released, but my contact at the plant said they are just storing the cars there until OK to ship.

Now on the naturaly aspirated and AUTO.. PLEASE!!!

Im a die hard gear shifter, BUT not everyone wants to shift. Make the car in an auto. Then for the budget guys drop the Supercharger!

Man that would be an awesome option!!

MM

500hp on NA, oh yea. That is something I could get into.

Im going to start a thread of its own, but first going to post it here

Of the three 11 GTs that I have built and on the way to Vegas one of them was ordered wrong! MY FAULT!

I have fixed it and have reordered the car, but now I have a 2011 Mustang GT 300A package headed to Vegas with NO OWNER.

Does anyone want or need a GT to convert into a GT350. It looks like it will be one of the FIRST cars built by SA. I cant afford to have it converted and sent back, so I hope someone will want to covert the car and not have to order one and wait.

Let me know

MM

Of the three 11 GTs that I have built and on the way to Vegas one of them was ordered wrong! MY FAULT!

I have fixed it and have reordered the car, but now I have a 2011 Mustang GT 300A package headed to Vegas with NO OWNER.

Does anyone want or need a GT to convert into a GT350. It looks like it will be one of the FIRST cars built by SA. I cant afford to have it converted and sent back, so I hope someone will want to covert the car and not have to order one and wait.

Let me know

MM

Nevermind mind folks.

The car has SOLD already!! I knew I should have sent more out there

MM

• 1 month later...

Let me know

MM

MM have you recieved any 2011 Mustang GT's yet. If so how do they run ?

MM have you recieved any 2011 Mustang GT's yet. If so how do they run ?

I'm not Michael, but have driven one already...

IT'S AN AWESOME, F'IN AWESOME CAR!!!! happy%20feet.gif

The V6 too. Unbelievable!

• 3 weeks later...

Update: The first three GT350's are being built by Ford right now. Then some time in the next 1-2 weeks our cars are being shipped to Vegas. From there we are looking at 30-45 days for the first 3 cars. The owners of these three cars are myself, W. Faris and M. McGuirk.

Rest of the questions: I don't know yet. I've heard rumor, but I'm opting out of most of the options since I plan on doing the R Code upgrade if it's offered. The only options I'm putting on my car are the painted stripes, 6 piston rear brakes and museum delivery.

What "R Code upgrade"? More info please.....

Chuck

What "R Code upgrade"? More info please.....

Chuck

The R code is still being worked out the last I heard. What I am hoping for is:

8pt Cage

Homologated into the SCCA and NASA

Naturally Aspirated

Upgraded Suspension

Race Exhaust

Race Seats

6pt Harnesses

Fuel Cell

18" lightweight wheels

Fire Suppression System