TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What wheel size do you want

Daren@shelbywheels

We absolutely have 18's that fit big brakes. CS69 and CS56 in 18x9.5 full rotational.

All sizes mentioned are possible with enough demand. Basically we're trying to decide which sizes in new styles to come out with first.

Love the look of the STOCK wheels on the SGT but they can't accommodate larger breaks. if you can come up with something that looks like them and can that would be HUGE!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanna to thank one and all for your input and participation. We greatly value all of the opinions and suggestions. All suggestions are on the table and are being considered. If your desired style and/or size doesn't come out next that doesn't mean it won't ever. Like I said, everythings on the table. I love the spare idea. I've already started the research. No promises, but we're looking into it.

With that said. There's nothing we can do about the Alcoa. Those suggestions would be best for Shelby America or Shelby Performance.

Thanks again everyone. Feel free to continue to leave comments. I'll continue to keep an eye on the thread. Or you could always send me a message from contact page on our website: http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/contact.php

Hi everyone. The Carroll Shelby Wheel Company wants your opinion. What size wheel would you like to see. For upcoming styles we're considering 19 and 20 inch diameters. If we chose 19 it will be full rotational in as wide a width as we can engineer. If we do 20 inch staggered it will be 9-9.5 inch wide in the front and 10-11 inch width in the back.

Tell us what you think.

Daren,

I like the stock look of my 18s on my 09' GT500vert because I almost always like the stock look, the way it left the factory. People recognize the car by the wheels, just my opinion, and the other opinions listed here are good also.

The main thing that we all want is wider rubber on the back, and clearance for the big brakes (which you will do regardless). Tire cost is important because as you can guess, we don't get very good rear tire life!! Not the cars' fault, not my fault, it's Asphalt!

I would vote for 18s, as wide as possible on the rear (preferably 11"). I would definately buy a Shelby (wider) wheel to get the power down to the ground.

A spare tire is just a good idea. "Fix a Flat" is just a S_ :censored: _ T Rig! :burnout:

"Approximately 75%-80% of our sales are 20 inch wheels."

In my opinion, the only CS wheel that looks good in 18 is the CS56 and the looks of it are either love it or hate it. To me, the CS wheels look visually heavy in 18 where they look much lighter in 20s. Other then cash, that is the reason I have not purchased a set of CS wheels. My intent as i'm sure it is for most has been to have a set of 20s for show and 18s for the track. Currently I'm riding on GT500 wheels and intend to trash them at the track. If a great looking set of 18s where availible then I would use them for show.

18's (9.5, 10.5 or 11) - nice style that fit over large breaks.

interested in style with function, good meaty tires, no interest in 20's

haven't bought 20's like others just because that is the only available. will wait, or save up for customs...

the razors in 18's that would fit over the brakes would be great...

18's (9.5, 10.5 or 11) - nice style that fit over large breaks.

interested in style with function, good meaty tires, no interest in 20's

haven't bought 20's like others just because that is the only available. will wait, or save up for customs...

the razors in 18's that would fit over the brakes would be great...

We do currently make 2 styles in 18's that fit over big brakes. CS56 and CS69. You can see them on our website. www.carrollshelbywheels.com

As for the Razor, That's actually an American Racing wheel licensed by Shelby so it's one I have any control over.

Hi everyone. The Carroll Shelby Wheel Company wants your opinion. What size wheel would you like to see. For upcoming styles we're considering 19 and 20 inch diameters. If we chose 19 it will be full rotational in as wide a width as we can engineer. If we do 20 inch staggered it will be 9-9.5 inch wide in the front and 10-11 inch width in the back.

Tell us what you think.

I here that 18" are best for track compared to the 20" but the 20s are show lookers. So, I've been looking for 19" wheels that give us the best of both worlds. I would like to see some 19" wheels, 9-9.5 up front and 10-11" in the rear.

The new SVT Performance Package for the 2011 GT500 has just the size I am looking for. 19"x9.5" for front and 20"x10" for rear. They are forged aluminum also. Soooooo, if you can't make a new Shelby wheel to match those sizes or a little wider in rear(10.5"-11"), then I will wait for release of the new SVT wheel. They look really nice also.

I'm actually wanting to know if I can run the Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar 295/ 35/ ZR18 rear tires, along with the stock 255 Goodyears up front? The more meat on the road, the better; but the largest 18's that Goodyear makes in an F1 ZR rated tire are the 295's. I liked the idea of the 18" tires costing a bit less especially if I can still run the stock fronts. (I picked up a complete set of "take offs".) .... and I've heard they're better on the track as well. So I picked up the GT4 style wheels I like the looks of, with the stagered 9" fronts and the 10" rears. So I'm trying to keep the cost down by selling the take off rear 285's, mounted & balanced etc. along with just the extra rims only for the front through my local Mustang shop/ club. But...... the 295's have a different "serv. desc." of 91y (whatever that is) and so far I don't know if there's a different load range on the 295.....I know the load range on the 285's is LL; and the local Goodyear dealers, are I believe affraid to give me the OK to run the larger rear tires. I thought as long as I stayed with the same basic tires, I'd be OK. They recomend I ask someone who knows the particulars. I've done rear upper and lower control arms, the brakes are stock 500's and I lowered it with the springs, and it has a panhard bar....????? what do you think????

post-26434-126543622488_thumb.jpg

I'm actually wanting to know if I can run the Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar 295/ 35/ ZR18 rear tires, along with the stock 255 Goodyears up front? The more meat on the road, the better; but the largest 18's that Goodyear makes in an F1 ZR rated tire are the 295's. I liked the idea of the 18" tires costing a bit less especially if I can still run the stock fronts. (I picked up a complete set of "take offs".) .... and I've heard they're better on the track as well. So I picked up the GT4 style wheels I like the looks of, with the stagered 9" fronts and the 10" rears. So I'm trying to keep the cost down by selling the take off rear 285's, mounted & balanced etc. along with just the extra rims only for the front through my local Mustang shop/ club. But...... the 295's have a different "serv. desc." of 91y (whatever that is) and so far I don't know if there's a different load range on the 295.....I know the load range on the 285's is LL; and the local Goodyear dealers, are I believe affraid to give me the OK to run the larger rear tires. I thought as long as I stayed with the same basic tires, I'd be OK. They recomend I ask someone who knows the particulars. I've done rear upper and lower control arms, the brakes are stock 500's and I lowered it with the springs, and it has a panhard bar....????? what do you think????

I'd run em. With that said I'm no tire expert. Wheels are my forte. There is a wealth of knowledge on the Team Shelby forums though. You might consider starting a thread and asking the same question. Sorry, I'm not much help

I here that 18" are best for track compared to the 20" but the 20s are show lookers. So, I've been looking for 19" wheels that give us the best of both worlds. I would like to see some 19" wheels, 9-9.5 up front and 10-11" in the rear.

PLUS 1...I AGREE...HERE WITH SHELBYPT! :salute:

i think its pretty funny how everyone keeps adding the alcoa wheel even though you mentioned you have no control in that. everyone wants a wheel that can put a wider tire in the back for traction. At this point you guys are late in the game. there are som many other companies out there that make lighter and wider wheels, ccw, true fordge, billet specialties, welds.

if you want to make something quick that will sell fast, make a replica wheel of the sgt in a 18x10.5 or 11. people would buy them for the fact they only have to get 2

if you are going to come out with a 20 its going to have to look as nice as the alcoa or else no one would buy it. you already have a few 20s and even with the wrong offset people are still buying the alcoa and you can barely get a 295 on it

Archived