TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What wheel size do you want

Daren@shelbywheels

Hi everyone. The Carroll Shelby Wheel Company wants your opinion. What size wheel would you like to see. For upcoming styles we're considering 19 and 20 inch diameters. If we chose 19 it will be full rotational in as wide a width as we can engineer. If we do 20 inch staggered it will be 9-9.5 inch wide in the front and 10-11 inch width in the back.

Please keep in mind we do not make the Alcoas or the Razors

Tell us what you think.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. The Carroll Shelby Wheel Company wants your opinion. What size wheel would you like to see. For upcoming styles we're considering 19 and 20 inch diameters. If we chose 19 it will be full rotational in as wide a width as we can engineer. If we do 20 inch staggered it will be 9-9.5 inch wide in the front and 10-11 inch width in the back.

Tell us what you think.

Definately do something 11 wide in the back that will clear stock and 6 piston Shelby/Baer brakes and you will sell a ton!!!

Alex

Tell us what you think.

18, 19, & 20. As long as they all fit large diameter brake set-ups. My only concern with 19's is the availibility of tires, thow I'm sure that the market will remedy this soon enough.

Personally, I would like a 18x10 retro look wheel that will fit all four corners. Even more specificly, an 18x10 wheel that looks like the SGT wheel and will fit large brakes!

Its our intention to engineer all new products to fit big brakes in the front and the rear

I want to try staggered front & rear, otherwise I would opt for the more affordable same size front & rear.

The more rubber you have touching the ground on the drive wheels the more traction you may get.

18x10 full rotational has been put on the table. Let us know your thoughts on those too.

I've always been under the impression 9.5 was the largest that would fit in front without interference. If y'all can do either an 18x10 or 19x10 (or both) that will work on both ends, that would be good. They should come in all black, too.

I would like to see something for the road track guys that would be, of course, 18", and allow as much rubber as possible. Given your comment about designing all your wheels to fit over big brakes, I can tell you are serious with this effort.

What would be something I would consider is really light weight wheels for the track. Even if you make them ugly, if they are light weight and just for the track, they would be something I would consider. I have not seen any data that suggests that 19" wheels are superior to 18" wheels on the track.

Jim

Nothing less than stock width (9.5") up front, and as wide as you can safely go in the back.

And here's one to consider, how about a low cost spare? A simple spun aluminum wheel that would clear the stock Brembo brakes and fit in the trunk without complaint?

Nothing less than stock width (9.5") up front, and as wide as you can safely go in the back.

And here's one to consider, how about a low cost spare? A simple spun aluminum wheel that would clear the stock Brembo brakes and fit in the trunk without complaint?

Yep as wide as front can go...and big DITTO on the spare. I don't like not having one.

Also..I previously mentioned 20's..but, I might consider 19's too. Depends on ride difference, cost, etc..

Tell us what you think.

Hello Daren Thanks for taking the time to read this...

I think the following would be sweet...

18 or 19 as wide as possible f and r, and can they be USA manufactured?

Traction not bling should be the focus with the proper offsets.

Say by made in CA by Centerline Wheels? They make reasonably priced wheels US made, and forge the blanks for many other companies here in the US who like Centerine, then machine them here as well. But not in the offsets available that would clear brakes...but if you are designing them fresh they may be an option.

If you go back and search my posts you will see how much effort I put into finding the best wheels that might be US made with the max traction that were not $1200 a wheel. It's hard to do. The CS wheels all need to be wider in the smaller diameter sizes IMO.

Also obviously lightweight is very good!

Thanks for your time.

Tell us what you think.

Yep as wide as front can go...and big DITTO on the spare. I don't like not having one.

Also..I previously mentioned 20's..but, I might consider 19's too. Depends on ride difference, cost, etc..

19" all the way, sell an adapter to fit the center caps sold by the SPP/SS and you will sell a ton!!!

Also maybe stock the new GT350 rims, I know they are Cragars, but stock them and you have some sold to me already!!!!

:happy feet:

Definately do something 11 wide in the back that will clear stock and 6 piston Shelby/Baer brakes and you will sell a ton!!!

Alex

+1 ^^ couldn't agree more

Right now everyone is buying 9.5" - 10" wide wheels and spending the extra money to send them off to have them widened 1" - 2" for additional traction, which is exactly what I'll be doing with mine when the time is right. It'd be nice to have a rim engineered for our cars that people don't have to go through the "trial & error" process....

Thanks for asking!

Hey Daren....good to see you drop in. Gary Morris here. Well since you asked I would of course like to see some CS69s in chrome of at least 10" or 11" wide for the rears. Should be easy to do since the CS69's already fit the big brakes as I have the 6 piston extreme on mine with no fitment issues at all. I'm sure a lot of people here would like to see a 18" KR style wheel or at least something close. Are you coming to Tulsa this year? If so I'm sure we will run into each other. thanks again.

Gary

My wish list:

For Track-

18x10's all the way around / light weight / clears big brakes and replica to the stock SGT coated wheels

For daily driving and staggered look-

18x11 & 20x11 for the rear and whatever works for the front / clears big brakes and replica to the stock SGT coated wheels

For daily driving non-staggered-

Maybe 19x9.5 all around for a more suttle look, if the tire market is there to support them

Thanks for the opportunity to chime in :shift:

=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=

+10000, eventhough I have a SGT, I switched to the Brembos up front and so I can no longer use my spare "gt tire" up front, i still have my tire but I can only use it for the rear incase of emergencies. Also maybe a low cost/low profile scissor style jack that can maybe also fit in the trunk with the wheel if that can be done. I now carry a hydraulic jack weighing atleast 50LBS in my trunk because I daily drive my SGT. Glad to see you guys asking our opinions about future products. As far as wheels, don't care too much for 19's, tires are hard to find and very costly, now that I started to drag race, 20's are cool but learned that 18's are the way to go, staggered preferred here.

Archived