TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Might as well.......

Yesterday the SGT went into the shop to get the Kicker upgrade installed (and out of the trunk) soooooI decided to have the windows tinted .

web.jpg

We had new 2008 window/door rubber inserts put in since the 2007 came without the felt and would scratch the tint.

Item: Belt w strip Left 2008 - 2009

Price: $22.64

Tax: $0.00

Qty: 1

Total: $22.64

Item: Belt w strip Right 2008 - 2009

Price: $20.38

Tax: $0.00

Qty: 1

Total: $20.38

web.jpg

Ohhh yeah since they were putting in the new speakers decided to also go with the SafeCraft Model LT10 Circle Track Installed System 10 pound Gloss White Cylinder Fire suppression system that Jim aka Clark 17357 recommended

More pictures to follow

Andrew

A very nice job Andrew, as usual!

Have you got part numbers for those felt pieces? I never even noticed it till now!

Sam

Sam,

Thanks, here are the part #'s

8R3Z6321456A

7R3Z6321457A

you can get them from SilverStateFord

or here NewFordParts

a very cheap solution (less than $60 delivered) if you are gonna tint

Make sure and get 2008 parts !

Take Care

Andrew

Sam,

8R3Z6321456A

7R3Z6321457A

or here NewFordParts

Take Care

Andrew

Thanks for the info Andrew. I have tinted windows and need to replace it because of the scratching. I'll get these before redoing the tint.

Dan

Sam,

8R3Z6321456A

7R3Z6321457A

or here NewFordParts

Take Care

Andrew

GREAT INFO!!!

Thanks!

that's what I like about you Andrew...always up to something and then sharing some great information. BTW, should have your cover completed this weekend and back in the mail. Thankfully, the weather has been nice this week, which I knew it would be since I put heat in the building last week......Probably stay in the high 60's now for the rest of winter :hysterical:

Holy Cow !!!!

I am glad they are ripping it up instead of me

KICKER is a coming !

web.jpg

Stay warm

Andrew

AHHHH!!!!!!! They killed your car! :)

Your tint is perfect on your black beauty!

I wonder what the California authorities will think...

AHHHH!!!!!!! They killed your car! :)

Your tint is perfect on your black beauty!

I wonder what the California authorities will think...

I've had 35% black onyx tint since a couple weeks after I bought my SGT in 08. I've gotten 1 warning and paid 4 'fix-it' tickets in 12 months of driving. :doh:

I have to say in N.Y the cops don't really bother you for tinted windows. My window's are 5% and have new been pulled over for it. I think, I have said this before out of courtesy and the cops safety you should put your windows down before coming to a stop and if its at nite turn on your interior lites also turn car off and hands on the wheel. Doing this will may change the cops mind about a summons. I have let people go for speeding or a red light for doing that. I have been stopped in the pouring rain and kept them down.

Bit of history !! Tinted windows was discovered by the italian's / so their friends wouldn't see there girlfriend in his car !!!! :happy feet: :hysterical:

I ordered mine from Silver State Ford and got the parts in 3 days($55 and change total). I guess it helps they are in Henderson and I'm in So Cal. Now I just have to find the time to replace them and get my windows re-tinted.

Thanks again for the info Andrew.

Dan

I ordered mine from Silver State Ford and got the parts in 3 days($55 and change total). I guess it helps they are in Henderson and I'm in So Cal. Now I just have to find the time to replace them and get my windows re-tinted.

Thanks again for the info Andrew.

Dan

My pleasure, so many guys on Team Shelby have helped me out with the important complicated (expensive) mods I try to help out when I can (on the cheap easy ones).

I have used Silver State to buy all my OEM parts for the Shelby and our F-350 i HATE our local dealer, but that is a whole other thread.

Take Care

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Archived