TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Dr. George Car Show Hosted By Palm Springs Crusin' Assoc.

Fontech

We are finally going to sleep....will get 2.5 hours, then up by 6 and at the shop by little before 7....... :happy feet:

Jason, April, daughter Jessica, and John arrived at around 10, we all went for dinner, then back to my house and talk about cars and get caught up....

Alex

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great day!!! After getting 2.5 hours sleep, Jason, April, Jessica and John, and I went to my shop to meet up with Dan and Laura (DannyChains) and Tom (Fontech) We got on the road from my shop at about 7:30 am then made the 25 minute track to the Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. There we met up with several of my customers and friends that we local to the other side of the Valley. We had about 15 Mustangs and Shelbys parked together, the others were scattered through out the show. All total, I heard 2 different figures as to how many cars were at the show...one was 950, the other almost 1000. This is a show you want to try and make next year. The weather was perfect and almost 80 with a slight breeze. Being we were all parked on the grass there was no hot pavement making it feel hotter.

After the show, we had a road trip of 6 cars up Scenic HWY 74 to Idylwild. We had several photo-ops where Jason got some awesome pictures with our cars and the mountains in the background. We then had dinner at an awesome restaurant called the Gastronome, then headed back, this time down HWY 243 where the road was preety bad from the recent snow. We droveslow and there were no problems. Tom could not put his top up because of his one piece tonneau cover so he froze his A$$ off!!

Here's a teaser pic...I will post one here now and Jason will post a link to the rest in the next couple days, so check back on this thread to see what you all missed!!

IMG_8066.jpg

Alex

I would like to start off with saying that I now have to new mods for my stang. A beanie cap and gloves when I drive with my hard tonneau cover on. I had to purchase them in Idylwild before the trip back home. The drive back was perfect and warm.

Meet Dan and Laura at Alex’s shop before 7:00am. The rest showed up a little later which included Alex, Jason, April, Jessica and John. We had a little photo session then we were off to the car show. On the way we were mobbed bicyclist for the century ride. After this little traffic jam we were on the open highway to the Dr. George Car Show.

After arriving and regeristing for the show, we made our way to the area that Ken perversely had for out TS Crew. We were on the main walk way and only one row back. Thanks Ken for doing this for us. Ken is also a customer of Alex’s.

The day turned out to be perfect with the sun coming out. There were between 950 and 1000 participants there. Each sponsored vender had one award to give to a detailed car that was there. Sad to say, none of the TS Crew received one.

After the show we took a cruise to Idylwild for dinner. During the halfway mark we took the time to have a photo session and a view point. We all tooked photos, but Jason did have the longest pole that he had his camera attached to.

We arrived at the restaurant for dinner, with us going sideway coming into the parking lot. Dinner was GREAT, thanks Alex for the choice. After dinner some of us had to back out of the parking lot due to the deep cutter. As I stated in the beginning I purchased a beanie cap and gloves for the drive home.

Going back down the mountain Alex to precaution with the roads and we drove very slowly with the notation that there could be black ice on the road. I made it home after filling up my stang by 11:00pm.

Thanks for those that made it and I will be looking forward until next years show.

Tom

Dr. George Car Show Link

2010DrGeorgeCarShow-PalmSprings_001.jpg

2010DrGeorgeCarShow-PalmSprings_003.jpg

2010DrGeorgeCarShow-PalmSprings_005.jpg

2010DrGeorgeCarShow-PalmSprings_008.jpg

2010DrGeorgeCarShow-PalmSprings_008.jpg

2010DrGeorgeCarShow-PalmSprings_012.jpg

Glad to hear you all had a great time at the show. Sorry no TS member won anything, but there is no accounting for taste :hysterical: I'm also sorry we couldn't make the show this year.

As you know, our youngest daughter had her first horse event of the season that day, so we were with her. The good news is she won first place in all five events she entered and also won "high point" for her division. So, it was a great day for Elizabeth and her horse Valentine. We are very proud of her! :happy feet:

Glad to hear you all had a great time at the show. Sorry no TS member won anything, but there is no accounting for taste hysterical.gif I'm also sorry we couldn't make the show this year.

As you know, our youngest daughter had her first horse event of the season that day, so we were with her. The good news is she won first place in all five events she entered and also won "high point" for her division. So, it was a great day for Elizabeth and her horse Valentine. We are very proud of her! happy feet.gif

Congrats on a GREAT DAY with your daughter. Hope to see you in Vegas for the Shelby American Race.

Tom

Glad to hear you all had a great time at the show. Sorry no TS member won anything, but there is no accounting for taste :hysterical: I'm also sorry we couldn't make the show this year.

As you know, our youngest daughter had her first horse event of the season that day, so we were with her. The good news is she won first place in all five events she entered and also won "high point" for her division. So, it was a great day for Elizabeth and her horse Valentine. We are very proud of her! :happy feet:

Congrats Rob & Leeann, glad she did so well. At least somebody affiliated with TS won some trophies that day.

See you at the race.

Dan

Archived